ADVERTISEMENT

2018 Recruiting Thread

Based on his twitter posts, it seems Parsons is bitter about the PSU fans who lectured and/or criticized him on twitter while he was committed and taking visits, imo. The stupidity of directing negative comments at a recruit is self explanatory.

While we are theoretically still a possible destination for him, I'd focus on more realistic and possibly just as talented options (Oweh for one).

That is my opinion based on where I think we stand with him now. It's possible things change in the future. Who would have guessed we'd be here now based on his comments when he verbaled.

Judge normally I agree with you.

Not this time however your honor.

Parsons, no matter where the comments came from, brought it on himself sir.

He made his bed; now he has to (lie) in it.

Last edited:
Judge normally I agree with you.

Not this time however you honor.

Parsons, no matter where the comments came from, brought it on himself sir.

He made his bed; now he has to (lie) in it.
There is never an acceptable reason for a "fan" to tweet at a recruit. Don't do it at all, and you don't have to worry about what is appropriate and what isn't....

Agreed. Grown ass men begrudging a kid who is exploring all of his opportunities. Guess what? I toured F&M and Dickinson before deciding I wanted to for-sure be in Happy valley for my education. I still bleed blue and white.

I really hate these clueless ignorant clowns who bad mouth high school
kids that don't choose PSU or commit and then change their mind. Yet
these hypocrites will celebrate every time someone decommits from
another school and becomes a Lion. They are much more immature than
those they criticize.

Reactions: Ranger Dan
Interesting to check out the 2018 top defensive ends based on the quality of their offers. Certain someone not in the Top 15.

http://www.rankbyoffers.com/2018fbplayers/?wdt_column_filter[Position]=DE

That is an intriguing site. It lists Penn State with an "offer value" of 76.28 compared to Pitt's 51.37 and Rutgers' 49.95. Alabama has a 99.99, while Ohio State's is 86.91. I infer from the term "offer value" that the higher the #, the more prestigious the program. Thus, I am really surprised the Buckeyes are 13 points lower than Alabama, while both FSU and Clemson are in the 96 range, as in Texas.

In 2017, Wade was #199, and Hansard was our highest at 72. Ohio State had 4 of top 10!

For 2018, Fields is #12, and no PA player ranks in the top 100. Luketa is #107.

Anyway, I find all these tidbits you share with us to be really interesting. Thank you for posting all this information.

That is an intriguing site. It lists Penn State with an "offer value" of 76.28 compared to Pitt's 51.37 and Rutgers' 49.95. Alabama has a 99.99, while Ohio State's is 86.91. I infer from the term "offer value" that the higher the #, the more prestigious the program. Thus, I am really surprised the Buckeyes are 13 points lower than Alabama, while both FSU and Clemson are in the 96 range, as in Texas.

In 2017, Wade was #199, and Hansard was our highest at 72. Ohio State had 4 of top 10!

Anyway, I find all these tidbits you share with us to be really interesting. Thank you for posting all this information.

Yeah, our "value" on that site will continue to rise as Franklin recruits at this level going forward.

We let OUR value on the field due the talking when we beat Ohio State!

Poor Ohio State fans STILL can't get over it.

:D

Tweeting IS as tweeting does.

He has to deal with it.

No, he's a kid as opposed to an adult that should know better than to pile on a kid for having a desire to make sure the biggest decision in his life is well informed. Also,he's the one who fans get excited about whether or not he will attend their favorite school, or attend one of their rivals. He's not in the position of smoozing anyone at Penn State. He doesn't have to send out copies of his highlight film, he is having coaches from all over the country kiss his butt and pray that he at least gives them an official visit. I'm not saying he wants anyone to kiss his butt, but my point is that he's the one with the power. How would anyone think that giving this kid grief via twitter is appropriate and not have the effect of driving him further away.

I'm not going to lose any sleep if Parsons goes elsewhere, and I think that it's the safe bet at this point, but other than root against his team if they play Penn State I wish him no ill will.

those they criticize.

They find disdain on the one hand and euphoria on the other.

Human nature.

No, he's a kid as opposed to an adult that should know better than to pile on a kid for having a desire to make sure the biggest decision in his life is well informed. Also,he's the one who fans get excited about whether or not he will attend their favorite school, or attend one of their rivals. He's not in the position of smoozing anyone at Penn State. He doesn't have to send out copies of his highlight film, he is having coaches from all over the country kiss his butt and pray that he at least gives them an official visit. I'm not saying he wants anyone to kiss his butt, but my point is that he's the one with the power. How would anyone think that giving this kid grief via twitter is appropriate and not have the effect of driving him further away.

I'm not going to lose any sleep if Parsons goes elsewhere, and I think that it's the safe bet at this point, but other than root against his team if they play Penn State I wish him no ill will.

He most certainly does.

Heck, the kid can't even count correctly for Pete's sake. 7 = 9

He invites it all the time.

I respectfully disagree Ranger Dan.

Last edited:
The only clown is you osprey he's been using Psu for a year now so let the kid go humiliate some other school. We don't care what you or anybody else thinks, this guy is a attention getter!!

those they criticize.

Yawn. Were you always a prick, or did you grow into one later on in life? I suspect the former.

Reactions: TheGLOV
Lamb made over 100 tackles as a junior, and is the No. 11 inside linebacker in this cycle according to the recruiting industry-generated 247Sports' composite rankings. Seventy-five percent of the outlet's Crystal Ball picks indicate Lamb will pick the Lions when all is said and done, and it's worth noting that both of his parents attended PSU.

Reactions: TheGLOV
Dude, you are looking even more foolish than usual. Hard to imagine, I know, but still.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT