ADVERTISEMENT

2018 Recruiting Thread

Justin King is the third-highest rated prospect in program history to sign with the Nittany Lions since the advent of recruiting rankings, according to 247Sports. He earned his undergraduate degree in Letters, Arts, and Sciences in just two and a half years, so King knows all about making the most of the student-athlete experience. He’ll be a great addition to Penn State’s recruiting efforts, especially in Western Pennsylvania.
"Arts and Letters"...where have I heard that before?

IMHO not a fan of dressing up especially if your not committed...its a little gimmicky to me and a little in the moment manipulation.

IMHO not a fan of dressing up especially if your not committed...its a little gimmicky to me and a little in the moment manipulation.

Do kids put on the uniform at West Point and then commit to Annapolis?

;)

Do kids put on the uniform at West Point and then commit to Annapolis?

;)
Thanks for the baton hand off here....my point exactly I wasn't allowed to wear a Beret nor Tab till I was done with Airborne school and RIP...but that's another story...dont get me wrong I like everything else the staff is doing for recruiting and atmosphere culture building-football still has a discipline and tradition to it IMHO.

Reactions: uscgPSU

It is Tarburton, the other recruit (No. 22) is Eyabi Anoma.

EDIT: Unclear if No. 22 is Anoma or Oweh. BSD saying Anoma, Landof10 saying Oweh.
However, both were at PSU today.

4_5235268.jpg

Eyabi Anoma
Baltimore, MD (St. Frances Academy)

Weak-Side Defensive End
4-Star
  • Ht 6-5
  • Wt 230
  • CLASS OF 18
247Sports Composite
Natl Comp 47
Pos WDE 3
St MD 3

========
4_5109633.jpg

Jayson Oweh
Blairstown, NJ (Blair Academy)

Strong-Side Defensive End, Tight End
3-Star

• Ht 6-5
  • Wt 236
  • Age 18 yrs 5 mo
  • CLASS OF 18
247Sports Composite
Natl Comp 392
Pos SDE 14

Last edited:

It is Tarburton, the other recruit (No. 22) is Eyabi Anoma.

EDIT: Unclear if No. 22 is Anoma or Oweh. BSD saying Anoma, Landof10 saying Oweh.
However, both were at PSU today.

It's Oweh in that photo above. 247 has a pic of Anoma at the baseball game and he has a beard.

Reactions: TheGLOV
A beard? Hmm. I think I prefer someone who isn't shaving yet, since that means they aren't done yet!

Reactions: royboy
Thanks for the baton hand off here....my point exactly I wasn't allowed to wear a Beret nor Tab till I was done with Airborne school and RIP...but that's another story...dont get me wrong I like everything else the staff is doing for recruiting and atmosphere culture building-football still has a discipline and tradition to it IMHO.

This is SOP at all big time programs; no issues for me unless it's a kid doing it who is committed elsewhere.

Reactions: ftlpsu
A beard? Hmm. I think I prefer someone who isn't shaving yet, since that means they aren't done yet!
Good point. We saw that with Bryce Effner, the OL recruit. A young looking guy who's likely to get bigger and stronger. Could be another 3-star who turns out well; Coach Franklin seems to have a knack for that.

2140_h.jpg,qitok=uox5kBxI.pagespeed.ce.rGeMKoeVNn.jpg

Reactions: TheGLOV
Who cares what they do at West Point? By the way, we don't care what they do at the Pittsburgh Culinary Institute either....

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT