ADVERTISEMENT

2018 Recruiting Thread

Oweh will be top 5 in New Jersey. Jersey always has a couple freak athlete's. Feel confident Oweh and Shorter are this years version. What an unbelievable job this staff is doing and such high character kids to boot. Love it!!!!

Reactions: TheGLOV
I don't see a reference to Fields on that tweet showing he tweeted that so are you saying that he is recruiting him via social media on other posts? Honestly asking as I don't have a footprint on twitter.

To that end, who else would he be recruiting for besides PSU?

It is certainly NOT Florida, Georgia, or anybody else.

In "Judge" I trust.

Reactions: Indian rocks rich
That's so odd based on his deleted tweet post Blue White. I still say if he's going to be in this class it is as a grey shirt

Not so sure of that. Really could be first come, first served. He decides early June, right? Could be Dotson and SAB w/in a month.

Are you giving up on Parsons? See him LJ bound.
Just not counting on it. He's a signing day decision now anyway. If he's in it'll be a cherry on top of a stellar staff, but they'll probably have 4 DL already in the class to ensure they fill position needs.

Reactions: canuckhal
Are there academic issues?
I don't know if there are academic issues for SAB though I think it's been mentioned here. Then, after the BW game, he mentioned in 140 characters or less that he wasn't going back to 'that place' (SC) again.

Dotson is the pearl, in my opinion - then George. But maybe it's first two in as Judge as suggested.

I don't know if there are academic issues for SAB though I think it's been mentioned here. Then, after the BW game, he mentioned in 140 characters or less that he wasn't going back to 'that place' (SC) again.

Dotson is the pearl, in my opinion - then George. But maybe it's first two in as Judge as suggested.

Is it coincidence that the "that place" tweet came after Parsons had a come to Jesus moment with Coach Franklin? Am I correct in my memory that there was talk of those two players as a "package" deal? Pure speculation, but I don't think JF likes (or most coaches) to have terms dictated and I certainly wouldn't accept a commit if a recruit projects as a non-qualifier.

Reactions: artsandletters
He was invited to both the UA all american game and the US Army All American Game? I thought it was one or the other. Has a someone played in both?

I believe the rule is a limit of 2 post season all star games. Normally one local and one of the national ones.....

Is it coincidence that the "that place" tweet came after Parsons had a come to Jesus moment with Coach Franklin? Am I correct in my memory that there was talk of those two players as a "package" deal? Pure speculation, but I don't think JF likes (or most coaches) to have terms dictated and I certainly wouldn't accept a commit if a recruit projects as a non-qualifier.
your post is first I've heard of those two being a package deal, but I could have missed it

SAB gave an interview and swore that tweet was misinterpreted. Not anti PSU. Fields mentioned the other day that he was recruiting SAB hard. Doubt he isn't following the staff's wishes.

Reactions: artsandletters
Thanks for clearing that up. I guess he's a take then.

At 247 Callahan was asked if he thought the staff would accept an SAB commitment. Callahan said he thought so. Said SAB had a pass for the baseball game waiting for him.

As I've said before, that's why I think speculating on who is a "take" isn't a good idea. Fans don't know and it comes off as insulting.

All of that lead comes because — after not landing any picks in his 247Sports Crystal Ball previously — Mustipher’s last six predictions have him signing with the Nittany Lions, and all within the last two days.

Mustipher (6-4.5 290) is the No. 9 defensive tackle and the No. 101 player in the 247Sports Composite.

So we are in the lead for Asamoah, Mustipher, Young, Dotson, Walker, Dorian Hardy, Daniel George and Rasheed Walker.

Going by the assumption (and that is dangerous) that we do get all of the previously mentioned, that would put us at the number 21.

With that being said, and it looks like we are going for the full 25 scholarships available to give out, what do we hear about Lamb, Earlington, Tyler Bradley, Raines (very quiet for him the last two weeks or so), Enis, Tyreke Smith, Zubovic, Oweh, and Chrisitan Armstrong??

We can't take them all.

Morgan, got a CB for Pitt recently.

I'm leaving off, for now, Scruggs, Butts, Cruickshank, Hawkins, Terrence Taylor and Parsons.

And hasn't there also been interest in another recruit from Texas, one from Florida and two recent ones from Georgia??

WOW! What a problem to have!!!

Reactions: Alphabets and garw
So we are in the lead for Asamoah, Mustipher, Young, Dotson, Walker, Dorian Hardy, Daniel George and Rasheed Walker.

Going by the assumption (and that is dangerous) that we do get all of the previously mentioned, that would put us at the number 21.

With that being said, and it looks like we are going for the full 25 scholarships available to give out, what do we hear about Lamb, Earlington, Tyler Bradley, Raines (very quiet for him the last two weeks or so), Enis, Tyreke Smith, Zubovic, Oweh, and Chrisitan Armstrong??

We can't take them all.

Morgan, got a CB for Pitt recently.

I'm leaving off, for now, Scruggs, Butts, Cruickshank, Hawkins, Terrence Taylor and Parsons.

And hasn't there also been interest in another recruit from Texas, one from Florida and two recent ones from Georgia??

WOW! What a problem to have!!!

I hate quoting myself but,....I forgot one: Shayne Simon LB/SAF. Yes, yes, I keep hearing Michigan & ND but did he not come up this past weekend to PSU? He just keeps hanging around....maybe we can land him LATE like we did Brooks? was it last year??

ADVERTISEMENT