ADVERTISEMENT

2018 Recruiting Thread

Visit and decision coming soon?

Old article....

Florida's No. 1 Inside Linebacker in 2018, Kenny Bastida, Serves up a Top Three

Four star and the nation's third-ranked inside linebacker for the class of 2018 says a trio of out-of-state suitors have the most momentum in his recruitment.

"Penn State really sounds good to me right now," Bastida said. "Penn State and LSU, they're really at the top and I've been getting a lot of love from both schools, especially Penn State. Their fans hit me up to tell me about the school and show a lot of love, like tagging me in a lot of posts.

Penn State: "They're "Linebacker U" up there. They've had, like, 35 linebackers drafted into the NFL over the past years. They also have great coaches over there. If they can develop me into the best linebacker I can be, then it's definitely a school I'll look into."

Old article....

Four star and the nation's third-ranked inside linebacker for the class of 2018 says a trio of out-of-state suitors have the most momentum in his recruitment.

"Penn State really sounds good to me right now," Bastida said. "Penn State and LSU, they're really at the top and I've been getting a lot of love from both schools, especially Penn State. Their fans hit me up to tell me about the school and show a lot of love, like tagging me in a lot of posts.

Penn State: "They're "Linebacker U" up there. They've had, like, 35 linebackers drafted into the NFL over the past years. They also have great coaches over there. If they can develop me into the best linebacker I can be, then it's definitely a school I'll look into."

If he would have said this the night before signing day, I'd be real ecstatic right now but alas,........................

Old article....

247 and rivals are much lower on him, but it's exciting to have a legit LB target with great offers visiting and deciding soon for 2018. Lots of time for those rankings to change (I know you don't put much into them, but they do help the perception of the class among other recruits.)

Could be our Class of 2018 QB. 6.2 1/2" 210. Visits left to Northwestern and Tennessee. Probably will decide between us and the Vols. Was effusive in his praise of PSU during his visit last weekend. Offers from PSU, UNC, TN, VT, WVU, Vandy, NC St, etc.

Could be our Class of 2018 QB. 6.2 1/2" 210. Visits left to Northwestern and Tennessee. Probably will decide between us and the Vols. Was effusive in his praise of PSU during his visit last weekend. Offers from PSU, UNC, TN, VT, WVU, Vandy, NC St, etc.

Judge how many more 2018 could we see in your opinion before the end of this season? I'd think Anderson-Butts, Morgan, Pitts, and Katshir would be most likely along with Fields. Maybe Provillon if Anderson-Butts pulls the trigger to lock up a WR spot?

Reactions: TheGLOV
Judge how many more 2018 could we see in your opinion before the end of this season? I'd think Anderson-Butts, Morgan, Pitts, and Katshir would be most likely along with Fields. Maybe Provillon if Anderson-Butts pulls the trigger to lock up a WR spot?

Haha, bud, I should be asking you. I got the 10,000 foot view. I don't follow all of the updates. 2018 class seems to be coming along nicely. The super powers of college football have a big chunk of the following class in by signing day of the prior class. Looks like PSU might be getting to that point. Good sign.

I really would like to get this kid!!!
I said in the other thread before it got moved here that OSU hasn't offered yet. If they don't, I love our chances.

They do have at least 4 LBs higher on their board, two from OH.

I'm not doing an update bc I have no big changes to my 2018 predictions but here is the list 2018 visitors for Temple:
Ricky Slade
Zack Kuntz
PJ Mustipher
Iverson Clement
Dante Stills
Kyle Pitts
Charlie Katshir
Rocky Shelton

FWIW Pitts and Katshir were in my Commit Watch (if it ended today) category on my 8/16 update and I've since moved Clement up to Very Good Chance.

I can't find the old one. Googled.

http://pennstate.247sports.com/Bolt/Slade-stands-out-again-as-a-junior-49419028

Penn State has prioritized Woodbridge (Va.) CD Hylton Class of 2018 running back Ricky Slade since he was a freshman. Slade just wrapped up his junior campaign - another impressive one for the five star composite and number one all round back in the nation - and showed why he’s one of the nation’s top backs.
The 5-foot-9, 182-pound prospect carried 164 times for 1,509 yards and scored 16 touchdowns this season. He added 25 catches for 338 yards and four additional scores. Slade went over 100 yards in all but one game - a 47-0 blowout win against Osbourn Park in September.
A top target for the Nittany Lions, Slade plans to visit Penn State for a bowl practice in December.

Offers from PSU, Clemson, Florida, Miami, OSU, Pitt, Tennessee, etc. Attended two PSU games this year, including the OSU win.

Last edited:

Penn State has prioritized Woodbridge (Va.) CD Hylton Class of 2018 running back Ricky Slade since he was a freshman. Slade just wrapped up his junior campaign - another impressive one for the four-star prospect - and showed why he’s one of the nation’s top backs.
The 5-foot-9, 182-pound prospect carried 164 times for 1,509 yards and scored 16 touchdowns this season. He added 25 catches for 338 yards and four additional scores. Slade went over 100 yards in all but one game - a 47-0 blowout win against Osbourn Park in September.
A top target for the Nittany Lions, Slade plans to visit Penn State for a bowl practice in December.

Offers from PSU, Clemson, Florida, Miami, OSU, Pitt, Tennessee, etc.

Kickass name too.

Reactions: TheGLOV and LionJim
Offers from PSU, Georgia, North Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia, South Carolina, etc.

TOP 2018 QB
Justin Fields (Kennesaw, Georgia) has emerged as Penn State's top target at quarterback for the 2018 class. Fields has earned 15 scholarship offers from Power 5 schools since his junior season began in September, and visited Happy Valley for the Lions beat down of Iowa. He's now visited Penn State three times since July, and picked up a few crystal ball predictions for PSU.

Fields is ranked No. 183 overall and No. 8 dual-threat QB by the 247Sports Composite 2018 rating.

Soon.

1314959189_george_clooney__soon.gif

Ricky Slade would turn this class into potentially a top-5 class nationally.

Other than him, I'd really like Isheem Young, the safety from Imhotep. Kwantel Raines would be great, too, but I think we only get one or the other.

I really, really liked the film from Re-al Mitchell, the QB from California. He wouldn't be a terrible consolation prize if we miss on Fields.

Reactions: Petch and TheGLOV

Penn State has prioritized Woodbridge (Va.) CD Hylton Class of 2018 running back Ricky Slade since he was a freshman. Slade just wrapped up his junior campaign - another impressive one for the five star composite and number one all round back in the nation - and showed why he’s one of the nation’s top backs.

Offers from PSU, Clemson, Florida, Miami, OSU, Pitt, Tennessee, etc. Attended two PSU games this year, including the OSU win.

4_4556969.jpg

Ricky Slade
Woodbridge, VA (C. D. Hylton)

All Purpose Back
5-Star *****
  • Ht 5-9
  • Wt 185
  • 40 4.48
  • SH 4.09
  • CLASS OF 18
247Sports Composite

Natl Comp 24

Pos APB 1

St VA 1

Offers from PSU, Georgia, North Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia, South Carolina, etc.

TOP 2018 QB
Justin Fields (Kennesaw, Georgia) has emerged as Penn State's top target at quarterback for the 2018 class. Fields has earned 15 scholarship offers from Power 5 schools since his junior season began in September, and visited Happy Valley for the Lions beat down of Iowa. He's now visited Penn State three times since July, and picked up a few crystal ball predictions for PSU.

Fields is ranked No. 183 overall and No. 8 dual-threat QB by the 247Sports Composite 2018 rating.

Soon.

1314959189_george_clooney__soon.gif
Dude is legit filthy! I would love a QB competition between him and Clifford!

Ricky Slade would turn this class into potentially a top-5 class nationally.

Other than him, I'd really like Isheem Young, the safety from Imhotep. Kwantel Raines would be great, too, but I think we only get one or the other.

I really, really liked the film from Re-al Mitchell, the QB from California. He wouldn't be a terrible consolation prize if we miss on Fields.
I feel really good about Slade, Fields, Young, Raines, and Scruggs. Honestly I almost feel better about some of them than I do Parsons right now. Not to start the sky is falling crap, but nothing on his twitter bio or pics about being a commit. He did however retweet a psu edit of him two days ago.

I feel really good about Slade, Fields, Young, Raines, and Scruggs. Honestly I almost feel better about some of them than I do Parsons right now. Not to start the sky is falling crap, but nothing on his twitter bio or pics about being a commit. He did however retweet a psu edit of him two days ago.
Yea, so Micah Parsons is retweeting a crap load of PSU stuff right now. Back to feeling good about that.

More at the link - Highlights video

http://247sports.com/Bolt/Slade-stands-out-again-as-a-junior-49419028

Slade stands out again as a junior

Sean Fitz - Nov 30, 10:51 AM

Penn State has prioritized Woodbridge (Va.) CD Hylton

Class of 2018 running back Ricky Slade

since he was a freshman. Slade just wrapped up his junior campaign - another impressive one for the four-star prospect - and showed why he’s one of the nation’s top backs.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT