ADVERTISEMENT

2018 Recruiting Thread

Texas defensive back Trent Gordon joins Penn State’s 2018 recruiting class

Read more here: http://www.centredaily.com/sports/c...-football/article141466949.html#storylink=cpy

a%20a

Gordon chose Penn State over Michigan, Oklahoma, LSU, Florida and five other schools in his top 10.

Kirk Martin, Gordon’s head coach at Manvel High School outside Houston, said the defensive back felt at home in Happy Valley.

“When he came back from there, he just raved about it and what a first class operation it was,” Martin said of Gordon, who visited Penn State in mid-March. “The thing in recruiting is the good kids can tell when they’re being fed a line, and I think he appreciated the honesty of the coaches at Penn State. No one promised him anything, just to come in and compete and get after it.”

EAST
Top Newcomer: Shaquon Anderson-Butts

Anderson-Butts was already a four-star prospect, but now he moved into the Scout 300 and is the No. 260 prospect in the nation. He has big-play ability and he uses his body well to shield defenders. He is strong-handed and quick getting out of his breaks. He is a regular visitor to Penn State, but is exploring a lot of schools. He is set to visit Oregon on April 26, and he is also planning trips to West Virginia, Louisville and Kentucky.

MIDWEST
Top Newcomer: Aeneas Hawkins

Cincinnati (Ohio) Moeller defensive tackle Aeneas Hawkins is the highest debut in the 300. He was a kid who picked up a lot of offers on the strength of camps last offseason, but that was before he had played a ton of meaningful snaps at Moeller. Well, he went out as a junior and definitely silenced any doubt that he was worthy of those scholarship opportunities and added to his list in the process. He is an athletic, disruptive interior guy who could continue to rise in the rankings/ .

Reactions: TheGLOV
Damn, to think a kid like that could just fall into our laps.

It's not falling into laps when recruits are attracted by consistent academic excellence, superior fan support, great coaching, and state of the art facilities.......

And Lamb having parents that have confirmed the academics and fan support make the facts clearer faster....

It's not falling into laps when recruits are attracted by consistent academic excellence, superior fan support, great coaching, and state of the art facilities.......

And Lamb having parents that have confirmed the academics and fan support make the facts clearer faster....

Good point CappyToCJF -

Still great if the staff and players can land him at a need position.​

What seems to be flashing in HUGE LETTERS is that this staff has been VERY good at evaluating talent, with an eye for talent before the recruiting services have seen their talent.

CJF and staff seem to be building an impressive track record, with a number of recruits maintaining good rankings and others get some nice upward bumps.

Reactions: bmw199
When is Young going to choose?
From past commits' interviews we know that they get their marching orders on who to target from Franklin himself. Raines has said he wants to take his time. Having two DB spots committed the next logical person to lock down is Young. I wouldn't be surprised if he is a commit by the spring even though he only has released a top 12 so far. Young retweeted Kuntz tweet. And someone else can explain this to me: (edits in italics)

apparently the above was on Tuesday for Harrisburg @ State College

The above two I think are about 7 on 7? not sure
This could be a one and doner. Being that Wilson is leaning hard to UNC, Peters looks like UK, Asamoah and Gant are waiting on OSU, and the dream of Mitchell is fading.

Last edited:
Reactions: Judge Smails
From past commits' interviews we know that they get their marching orders on who to target from Franklin himself. Raines has said he wants to take his time. Having two DB spots committed the next logical person to lock down is Young. I wouldn't be surprised if he is a commit by the spring even though he only has released a top 12 so far. Young retweeted Kuntz tweet. And someone else can explain this to me: (edits in italics)

apparently the above was on Tuesday for Harrisburg @ State College

The above two I think are about 7 on 7? not sure

This could be a one and doner. Being that Wilson is leaning hard to UNC, Peters looks like UK, Asamoah and Gant are waiting on OSU, and the dream of Mitchell is fading.

Let them wait on OSU. They only way they take them is to keep us from getting them. I hope those two are smart enough to figure that out.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT