ADVERTISEMENT

2018 Recruiting Thread

He is hard to tackle, similar to Cam Newton, who is his 7v7 coach.
Wow, Cam Newton is his 7 v 7 coach! That is pretty cool on one hand, but makes me more guarded about some potential draw to an SEC school. Fields doesn't seem to be in the Cam Newton mold, personality/character wise, but it still makes me think that Newton could be a way in for Auburn or one of those good ole boy schools.

Reactions: TheGLOV
With maybe one exception, this seems like it is evolving into a close-knit group.
I don't think you have anyway of knowing that for certain.

Edit: The negative part of your statement... The positive part I totally agree with, and let me add they will be pulling more guys in soon. I expect business to pick up this spring.

Reactions: artsandletters

hihdsclgr99ehu8muwu5

Trent Gordon DB
Manvel, TX

4-Star ****
6'0" 175 5.8
Committed: 3/29/17

Last edited:
I don't think you have anyway of knowing that for certain.

Edit: The negative part of your statement... The positive part I totally agree with, and let me add they will be pulling more guys in soon. I expect business to pick up this spring.

No, I don't, for certain. But you know what I mean.

hihdsclgr99ehu8muwu5

Trent Gordon DB
Manvel, TX

4-Star ****
6'0" 175 5.8
Committed: 3/29/17

Great offers list for new DB Trent Gordon -

An array of "smart guy" schools like Duke, Dartmouth, Northwestern, Princeton, Vandy and Yale...

Academy offers from Army and Navy...

More traditional football power schools like LSU, Mich, Florida, Oklahoma, TN, TAMU and UCLA.​

Trent Gordon looks like another very good Student-Athlete addition to the Nittany Nation!

Congratulations Trent
on choosing PSU.

Welcome Gordon Family
to the Nittany Lion Family!

:)

Took a look over at Eleven Warriors today because Tyreke Smith, Tyler Friday, and Fredrick "Juice" Scruggs all visited them this weekend.

"Friday and Scruggs are likely to sign somewhere other than Ohio State, but the staff will still try their hardest to pull them away from Michigan and Penn State, respectively."
Personally I think we have as good a shot as Michigan at Friday.

They presume themselves to be the leaders for Hawkins and Smith. Following up on the earlier speculation on Asamoah, they reported he told them he moved back his decision bc he wanted an OSU offer. They have Cinci as the leader bc of Fickell.

Reactions: Judge Smails
Took a look over at Eleven Warriors today because Tyreke Smith, Tyler Friday, and Fredrick "Juice" Scruggs all visited them this weekend.

"Friday and Scruggs are likely to sign somewhere other than Ohio State, but the staff will still try their hardest to pull them away from Michigan and Penn State, respectively."
Personally I think we have as good a shot as Michigan at Friday.

They presume themselves to be the leaders for Hawkins and Smith. Following up on the earlier speculation on Asamoah, they reported he told them he moved back his decision bc he wanted an OSU offer. They have Cinci as the leader bc of Fickell.

They think we lead for Scruggs? Think he is originally from Ohio. He was at PSU in May 2016 and for the OSU game, called PSU and OSU his leaders after that game. But hasn't been back to campus since and went to OSU last weekend instead of PSU. Hope they are right, but haven't seen much evidence of it.

They think we lead for Scruggs? Think he is originally from Ohio. He was at PSU in May 2016 and for the OSU game, called PSU and OSU his leaders after that game. But hasn't been back to campus since and went to OSU last weekend instead of PSU. Hope they are right, but haven't seen much evidence of it.
Yep...Scruggs isn't making much of an effort to get to PSU. Not sure I buy much of that to be honest.

Yep...Scruggs isn't making much of an effort to get to PSU. Not sure I buy much of that to be honest.
Yea, not sure. I thought I saw on 247 that he had made it to a Jr day. Granted I am not a paying member there so I was just going off the fact he was tagged in the article, it very well could have said inside he didn't visit.

Anyway, he does retweet a lot of Luketa stuff. I guess they are hearing from OSU that he just isn't a high priority for them. Looking at their targets they do have a number of OL from TX and FL on their board that they sit well with.

Not sure if anyone else picked up on this in the thread but Fields is now a 5 star and #1 Dual threat QB in the 247 composite.

http://247sports.com/player/justin-fields-91048

4_5150948.jpg

Justin Fields

Kennesaw, GA (Harrison)

#1 Dual-Threat Quarterback
5-Star *****
Ht 6-3
Wt 221
40 4.51
SH 4.16
V 33.20
CLASS OF 18

247Sports Composite 0.9855
Natl Comp 23

Pos DUAL #1
St GA 3

1_4607.gif

Hard Commit
12/1/2016
===========

Five-star status for QB commit Fields

Following recent movement in the industry-generated 247Sports Composite rankings, Kennesaw (Ga.) Harrison quarterback and Penn State commit Justin Fields has reached five-star status. The 6-foot-3, 221-pound prospect is now the No. 23 overall prospect and the nation’s top dual-threat quarterback.

http://247sports.com/Bolt/Five-star-status-for-QB-commit-Fields-52056464

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT