ADVERTISEMENT

2018 Recruiting Thread

It's cynical, but I never expect Ohio kids like him to leave the state.

That is understandable but it is a brand new world. Meyer doesn't have Ohio locked down like Tressel and we are actually putting in the time there to make them fight on their own turf. Just a matter of time until we get a big Ohio stud with and O$U offer. Could be Hawkins.

Reactions: Ranger Dan
What's his name?

fiytjcoimdm0if7ciqrd

Dante Stills
Strongside defensive end
Fairmont Senior
Fairmont, WV
RR: 5.8
Ht: 6'4"
Wt: 265 lbs
Class: 2018

POSITION

NATIONAL

STATE

Commitment status:
UNDECIDED

Reactions: BarryPSU
Dante Stills. 6'5" 260 lbs DL from Fairmont WV.
Will be tough to get this kid out of WV. Fairmont is only about 25 miles from Morgantown. But get him to visit and you never know.
UOTE="Judge Smails, post: 2722021, member: 72"]
fiytjcoimdm0if7ciqrd

Dante Stills
Strongside defensive end
Fairmont Senior
Fairmont, WV

POSITION

NATIONAL

STATE

Commitment status:
UNDECIDED[/QUOTE]

Reactions: TheGLOV
On the other hand, you'd almost expect him to be committed to WVU already. Maybe that suggests that he is not locked down for them.

fiytjcoimdm0if7ciqrd

Dante Stills
Strongside defensive end
Fairmont Senior
Fairmont, WV

POSITION

NATIONAL

STATE

Commitment status:
UNDECIDED

Dante Stills. 6'5" 260 lbs DL from Fairmont WV.

Thanks. Is his name mentioned somewhere in the twit or does a person have to intuit the name?

Will be tough to get this kid out of WV. Fairmont is only about 25 miles from Morgantown. But get him to visit and you never know.
UOTE="Judge Smails, post: 2722021, member: 72"]
fiytjcoimdm0if7ciqrd

Dante Stills
Strongside defensive end
Fairmont Senior
Fairmont, WV

POSITION

NATIONAL

STATE

Commitment status:
UNDECIDED
[/QUOTE]

On the other hand, you'd almost expect him to be committed to WVU already. Maybe that suggests that he is not locked down for them.
His brother was in the class of 2017 and signed with WVU. Their father also played there. It would be a huge shock if he did not go there.

Blake%20Zubovic%20Penn%20State.jpg

The Lions hosted about 30 prospects on campus between Thursday and Saturday as they held spring practices No. 2 and No. 3, the latter of which served as the school's first padded practice of the year.

Belle Vernon's Blake Zubovic picked up the lone offer that went out, as PSU joined the race for the 6-foot-4, 310-pound Class of 2018 prospect who doubles as one of the WPIAL's top players.

"I loved the support and family atmosphere of PSU football," Zubovic told Blue-White Illustrated. "I got to meet most of the coaches and see the campus, a practice, the academic building and the actual football facilities, as well as Beaver Stadium.

"This offer was really big to me and I was extremely excited to get up there. I enjoyed my visit thoroughly and plan to get back for the spring game."

Pittsburgh, Maryland, and N.C. State have also offered among 13 total that have done so thus far, and Zubovic does not seem to be in a rush to decide.

Blake%20Zubovic%20Penn%20State.jpg

The Lions hosted about 30 prospects on campus between Thursday and Saturday as they held spring practices No. 2 and No. 3, the latter of which served as the school's first padded practice of the year.

Belle Vernon's Blake Zubovic picked up the lone offer that went out, as PSU joined the race for the 6-foot-4, 310-pound Class of 2018 prospect who doubles as one of the WPIAL's top players.

"I loved the support and family atmosphere of PSU football," Zubovic told Blue-White Illustrated. "I got to meet most of the coaches and see the campus, a practice, the academic building and the actual football facilities, as well as Beaver Stadium.

"This offer was really big to me and I was extremely excited to get up there. I enjoyed my visit thoroughly and plan to get back for the spring game."

Pittsburgh, Maryland, and N.C. State have also offered among 13 total that have done so thus far, and Zubovic does not seem to be in a rush to decide.

It seems like CJF and Limegrover are extending their focus on OL recruits somewhat, which CJF is also doing at some other positions. But I wonder what it will take or when it will happen that the first OL commit triggers a few OL commits, when some of the PA kids that really want to be in the 2018 PSU class may feel that they need to pull the trigger so they don't get left out............

Reactions: Ranger Dan
Hawkins has 5 star level offers.

Last week, Hawkins stated he did not have an official favorite list, but six schools were standing out to him.

He listed Notre Dame, Alabama, Clemson, Penn State, Ohio State and Cincinnati. Hawkins took an unofficial visit to Penn State this past weekend, and came away impressed.

"The visit to Penn State went very well," Hawkins stated. "I spent the night with Shane Simmons and Antonio Shelton, and those are two really good guys."

"The Penn State coaching staff rolled out the red carpet in terms of showing me everything I asked to see," he added. "The entire visit was filled with positives, and they're in good shape with me."

tOSU picked up 50 points for 7th place in "Rifle."

With the number of hunters in PA, perhaps adding a Rifle team could boost PSU's Cup points. ;)

Per a 2015 Politifact article Pennsylvania has just over 1 million active carry permits, ranked #2 behind FL with about 1.4 million.

Stanford is a perennial Directors' Cup leader, in part by picking up significant points in some less common sports. Penn State might consider adding one or more sports with fewer competitors, like Stanford.

Last edited:
All State in football and basketball. We got a good shot at him, too.

H/t lcb

Marcellus Earlington, Don Bosco Prep, Jr., 6-4, 260 lbs, forward
Earlington might be one of New Jersey’s top football prospects, but this winter, he proved he can shine on more than just the gridiron. He keyed Bosco’s run to the Tournament of Champions final, picking up a Non-Public A title along the way. Earlington averaged 16.3 points per game as he established himself as one of the most versatile players in the state.

22155653-mmmain.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT