ADVERTISEMENT

2018 Recruiting Thread

This has been a hell of a thread - from Parsons to Fields to Oweh and Walker; great job by everyone who takes the time to share news and offer insight. But, it’s over now -

giphy-downsized-large.gif

JKPQo72.gif

Reactions: anon_xdc8rmuek44eq
Shaquon Anderson-Butts has gone the JUCO route, signing with Iowa Western. Best of luck to the young man, and maybe he’s able to find himself back at Penn State in a few years.

Iirc, that is the JUCO where the QB Rivers Waters attended, who was recruited by PSU. *

They seem to have a very competitive program. Hope SAB succeeds on and off the field.

* h/t to Lion8286 for the correction.

Last edited:
Reactions: LionJim
Walker's coach, the Ohio State fan, says Penn State's superior game atmosphere was deciding factor.

By Ken Pryor on 13:54:34 02/07/18

the tide did seem to turn the night we lost to the Nits on the strength of a blocked kick return for the win. The atmosphere really resonated with him. PSU took the recruiting lead that night and although Ohio State closed the lead significantly (mighta even tied it), the Nits never quite surrendered it.

We were both in attendance in Columbus this year for the game against the Nits, but I don't think the game day environment was as passionate as it was in HV.

Walker's coach, the Ohio State fan, says Penn State's superior game atmosphere was deciding factor.

the tide did seem to turn the night we lost to the Nits on the strength of a blocked kick return for the win. The atmosphere really resonated with him. PSU took the recruiting lead that night and although Ohio State closed the lead significantly (mighta even tied it), the Nits never quite surrendered it.

We were both in attendance in Columbus this year for the game against the Nits, but I don't think the game day environment was as passionate as it was in HV.

Love his use of the word "we". He doesn't even make an attempt to appear unbiased, for the kid's sake.

All of the kids I coach/have coached know I went to PSU. There have been a few over 17 years that have gotten some interest but never during that time did I try to swing them to go as much as this joker has tried with RW. Let the kid pick where they want to go as a coach, dont try and make them go where you want so you can get free tickets all the time.

Any chance that the Walker and Enis decisions were connected? Is it possible this is basically Franklin's last scholarship -- so Enis had to wait for Walker's decision before he could decide? The timing looks that way to me

Reactions: CappyToCJF
Does this thread set any records? Most posts/pages, views? Will 2019 beat it?

All of the kids I coach/have coached know I went to PSU. There have been a few over 17 years that have gotten some interest but never during that time did I try to swing them to go as much as this joker has tried with RW. Let the kid pick where they want to go as a coach, dont try and make them go where you want so you can get free tickets all the time.

Right after RW announced...like he was on the Ohio State staff.

It is finished. Gave it a ride. * - Ken Pryor [13:40:10 02/07/18] (19)

Reactions: TheGLOV and bison13
Alright 2018 in the bag and a truly great haul. So time to move on from this thread, and tomorrow catch up on the 19 thread. Can only handle one of these at a time, With any luck the 19 thread will be 100% recruiting and not get bogged down with any petty bickering. Thanks to all for the great recruiting insight.
Off to shovel some white crap.....

Penn State game day atmosphere > Ohio State game day atmosphere
I'm sure that comment went over well with all those reasonable and objective Buckeye fans...

Reactions: ILLINOISLION
Any chance that the Walker and Enis decisions were connected? Is it possible this is basically Franklin's last scholarship -- so Enis had to wait for Walker's decision before he could decide? The timing looks that way to me

I dont think so, but JF may have known in Dec. that getting Enis was a longshot and thats how Jahan Dotson came back into the fold.

Reactions: eidolon21
Alright 2018 in the bag and a truly great haul. So time to move on from this thread, and tomorrow catch up on the 19 thread. Can only handle one of these at a time, With any luck the 19 thread will be 100% recruiting and not get bogged down with any petty bickering. Thanks to all for the great recruiting insight.
Off to shovel some white crap.....

Do you work in an aviary?

;)

Nicholas Petit-Frere looks good and quick in pass coverage in his video, but needs to add 30-40# to be a run blocker. He is the size of a DE. We'll see how quick he is at his eventual playing weight. Walker, on the other hand, looks ready to play Div 1 football. Big AND fast. Not sure how NP-F is ranked #1 OT, and Walker is #6-8(??????).
I'm truly not being biased, but I've thought the same thing. Walker looks better on film than NPF does, and apparently, NPF had some struggles in all star practices & game

Right after RW announced...like he was on the Ohio State staff.

It is finished. Gave it a ride. * - Ken Pryor [13:40:10 02/07/18] (19)

This just reinforces what I have been thinking all along. I went to a North Point FB home game back in Sept, the same one where I could see their coaches aren't that bright with formations and such. Anyhow, after the game I saw RW and pointed to my PSU jacket and and gave him the palms up 'what do you think' type look. he yelled back, 'we are' and gave a thumbs up. He's wanted to go to PSU all along but his dickbag coach was holding him back. The coach is the one who probably wanted him to set the late official to OSU and give them the last say.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT