ADVERTISEMENT

2018 Recruiting Thread

Sounds like Enis is definitely heading to the Utes....

giphy-downsized-large.gif

Michigan reaction

Erik_in_Dayton
MGoPoints: 33202

Right
Michigan is going to field a very talented team next year. The question marks at OT and QB are big, but maybe only two teams on Michigan's schedule (ND and OSU) will be more talented than the Wolverines.

Albatross
MGoPoints: 1653

This is not what recruiting looks like ...
in Year 3 of a program on the rise. Starting to look like Jimmy is in over his head.

I Like Burgers
MGoPoints: 22725

Only two?
I don't think you can say only two are going to be more talented. MSU returns pretty much everyone, Wisconsin just reloads every year, and Penn State is no slouch either. Michigan's defense is obviously elite, but their offense is still pretty middle/bottom of the pack when it comes to the Big Ten.

NYC Fan3
MGoPoints: 428

Penn State had offensive
Penn State had offensive coaching too. It will be interesting to see how this season goes with their new OC. They have signed 3 5 stars and 11 4stars in this class though, currently ranked 6th
Franklin is looking better than Harbaugh at this point.

Lakeyale13
MGoPoints: 4482

Your argument falls apart once you look at the teams results on the field. Look what Wiscy has done on the field and what Penn State has done on the field. Both have outperformed Michigan. Does this mean they have better coaches?

randyfloyd
MGoPoints: 3446

This
Is what happens when you can’t win 1 ****ing big game. Worst signing day ever!

I Like Burgers
MGoPoints: 22725

This was a bad class that was losing its top commits long before the South Carolina game. It was bad in August and got worse as the year went on. A win over the Gamecocks wasn't going to change much at all.

But I do agree they need to get some results on the field next year. There's a cloud over things now, and that's only going to grow and give opposing recruiters more ammo if they can't post a solid 10+ win season next year. I mean, if you can't beat your other Big Ten rivals to get a sniff at the Big Ten champ game, and can't figure out your offensive line in year four...what exactly are you selling to recruits?

death by wolverine
MGoPoints: 3212

Hey Harbaugh! Now is the time to earn that $9 million paycheck. Jesus. We’re getting dusted.

Wolverine91
MGoPoints: 1047

Lmao this is just funny at this point. How ridiculous. I've been pretty level headed when it comes to Harbaugh and Michigan, but this is just pathetic. Idc that the last two classes were very good. This is truly a reminder of where people think our program is headed. Yes we can have a a bad recruiting season, but this really bad. We can't even hold on to guys that were committed for over a year while allowing our rivals to snatch up our recruits at the last second.

enzo
MGoPoints: 83

Harbaugh
is on the clock. The honeymoon is over.

maize-blue
MGoPoints: 28190

I don't think I've seen UM and a coaching staffed get pushed around this much in a recruiting cycle. They got punked multiple times.
Make or break season for JH in 2018.

Reactions: anon_xdc8rmuek44eq
Urban just said in his press conference that they signed 26 in 2018 class.
Nicholas Petit-Frere who committed about an hour ago was #25...

Either Urban just slipped up on another possible commit or he can't count. I'm hoping for the latter...

Reactions: floridaguy18
1st of all congrats on Walker that is a good get. You like to think OSU fans can't admit losing a prospect but Meyer wanted Walker and you beat us straight up.
Stealing the thunder quite possibly dumbest take ever. You chastise a Buckeye reporter for sticking with his OSU prediction and when he finally concedes saying Walker is choosing Penn State he's somehow ruining the surprise? Every recruiting writer in the country does this it's not taking anything away from the player.
As a consolation prize it's absurd that OSU will end up with Petit-Frire the country's #1 offensive lineman. Walker was a must get but somehow it all worked out.
Even though we all hate each other it's crazy how separated our 2 programs are from the rest of the conference right now. Can honestly say Penn State is the only one close to bringing in the same type of athletes. Wisconsin does their own style and Nebraska is definitely on it's way back but for now it's Ohio State Penn State and everyone else.

Nice sentiments. I don't know where Walker is going and in the larger scheme of things it doesn't matter. But allow me set you straight. What's crazy is how PSU can compete with Ohio with classes ranked below 20. Imagine what will happen now that the gap has closed! It should keep you up at night. And no, most of us don't hate Ohio. I predict the Ashtabula Miracle isn't long for Ohio. After we beat you a couple more times you'll be looking for a new HC. Why. Because Ohio fans don't tolerate losing and therein lies your problem with attracting a talented coach. Bottom line, the bar has been raised. F@ck TSUN. Your 'problem' is Penn State, not Meat.

Have a blessed day!

Urban just said in his press conference that they signed 26 in 2018 class.
Nicholas Petit-Frere who committed about an hour ago was #25...

Either Urban just slipped up on another possible commit or he can't count. I'm hoping for the latter...

OSU will close with Javonte Jean-Baptiste from New Jersey as the final piece to the class. Once we lost Oweh to you guys Urban made it his mission and signed 3 more defensive ends inside the national top 250.

OSU will close with Javonte Jean-Baptiste from New Jersey as the final piece to the class. Once we lost Oweh to you guys Urban made it his mission and signed 3 more defensive ends inside the national top 250.

I hope you are right! Saw another report this morning that Wray said Walker was texting him this morning asking about OSU.

You get Petit-Frere, we get Walker :)

Michigan now no longer has any recruit ranked in the top 100 in 247 composite, while PSU has 6 (assuming Walker commits) while OSU has 13

gKqNY.gif

When you look at the Michigan commit list, it's interesting that they could not get 1 player from oh-high-ya... Good number from MI, a few lower ranked from GA, and obviously a few highly rated from FL, TX...

An off year or a trend??

Reactions: dailybuck777
Coach James Franklin coming up in a few minutes on Sirius Radio on Full Ride with Neuheisel and Chris Childers

harbb.0.gif

Look at the OSU ballboy trolling on the Michigan sideline in this gif

This should be relatively easy for Harbaugh; even with Meyer and Franklin in conference, he should be able to recruit Top Ten classes every year. It's really a miracle that he doesn't do better or win more (noting his pissy pants antics and general weirdness probably have a lot to do with his lack of success).

Reactions: mtnlion
Franklin on Sirius just said they signed all but one during the early period (butts) and is waiting on one to sign today (Walker?).

Wasn't Friday looking at michigan? As I recall, Penn State got into the game too late.

Did Franklin have a realistic shot at Boykin or Friday?

Boykin didn't have a committable offer from Penn State. Friday isn't a top level DE prospect. Some say he ends up at guard.

247 already announced that Georgia will have the #1 class...I hope that means we get Walker cuz if OSU got him, they might be able to pass Georgia as the gap is so small...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT