ADVERTISEMENT

2018 PSU Women's VB Thread

Roses's teams for the last 5 years or so fad away at the end of games. He should have won a couple of natty's with last year's team. Something has changed with how Russ prepares his teams. He will not win another national title before he retires.

Reactions: TheGLOV
Very little energy. Young team feeling their way. They will improve as the season goes on and they play more together.

Roses's teams for the last 5 years or so fad away at the end of games. He should have won a couple of natty's with last year's team. Something has changed with how Russ prepares his teams. He will not win another national title before he retires.
This team is incredibly young. I think it's too early to assess the talent level but they didn't perform well under pressure. They played like freshmen.

Well it must be so.:rolleyes:

http://ohiostatebuckeyes.com/womens-volleyball-live-stats/

Pretty ugly match vs Ohio State right now. 1 set apiece at intermission.
Lions have 16 hitting errors hitting .127 and OhSt 15 errors hitting .000

3rd set tied at 9. hitting improved PSU .286 OhSt .200 in this set.
Well, that changed fast. Hitting this set dropped to .174 for PSU as now 15-17.
PSU down 18-19....match so far PSU 35 kills 22 errors, OSU 26 kills 20 hitting errors.
21-23 time out PSU Lions getting out blocked 8-10. Except for Leath and Weiskircher, Russ playing the Freshman (as far as offense goes anyway).
23-24 time out OSU
31-33 OSU has 7 service aces to zero for Lions with 3 in this set at critical times OSU 2 sets to 1 now.

Last edited:
Amazing to see PSU volleyball in the middle, possibly lower tier of the B10. First time that's happened. But it's a very young team - they will improve.

On BTN now WVB PSU vs Michigan State

PSU won the first 25-1, Hit about 475.
Second set up 8-4
Now 15-8 second set. PSU playing well but MS has done nothing. Nia Reed having a good game. 4 PSU players with 4 kills.
Second set 25-16 PSU. Hitting 383 for the set. Playing a lot of different players.
Close third set. MSU up 15-14. MSU had a couple of blocks and it woke up.
Now PSU up 19-16 in the third.
PSU wins 3rd 26-24.

Last edited:
Reactions: kevin310
PSU won the first 25-1, Hit about 475.
Second set up 8-4
Now 15-8 second set. PSU playing well but MS has done nothing. Nia Reed having a good game. 4 PSU players with 4 kills.
Second set 25-16 PSU. Hitting 383 for the set. Playing a lot of different players.

25-11 in the 1st set, not 25-1.

PSU wins the 3rd set, 26-24, to win the match 3-0.

The match stats:

Points - 55 (PSU), 39 (MSU)
Kills - 38 (PSU), 28 (MSU)
Attack Errors - 14 (PSU), 21 (MSU)
Total Attacks - 81 (PSU), 85 (MSU)
Hitting % - .296 (PSU), .082 (MSU)
Assists - 35 (PSU), 28 (MSU)
Service Aces - 7 (PSU), 1 (MSU)
Service Errors - 7 (PSU), 1 (MSU)
Digs - 34 (PSU), 24 (MSU)
Total Blocks - 10 (PSU), 10 (MSU)
Reception Errors - 1 (PSU), 7 (MSU)
Block Solo - 3 (PSU), 1 (MSU)
Block Assist - 14 (PSU), 18 (MSU)
Block Errors - 0 (PSU), 2 (MSU)

See post above "fair".
I don't know who it was GLOV. As he indicates, the thread in question was deleted. He did say "Since the r word finds its way into a topic here all too frequently" so I think he means more than one person.

can anyone enlighten me? what happened to Keeton Holcomb?

She should have been a senior this year ...

Amazing.....Sunday’s match at UMich not even mentioned here!

PSU won 3-0.....25-17 / 25-21 / 25-23.

WE NEED JONZ!!!!!
We do need Jonz. I'm sorry someone ran him away from the board. My question is why is Nebraska ranked #3? I thought they lost a ton of players following their championship run last year. What is John Cook doing so right?

My first chance to watch them on Sunday. I was really impressed with the Freshman. They are going to be a handful in the coming years.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT