ADVERTISEMENT

2017 Recruiting Class Thread

RackMultipart.24596.0_display_image.jpg

At least make it my favorite Penn State girl.

Reactions: Ski and grinagrin
Talked with my "insider" in Philly high school football and they think Swift is heading South. Thinks he wants to play for a team who will compete for a National title. Confirms what I have been saying, we need a better on field product this year, which in my conversation with them I argued we would but they are not sold on Franklin, so there may be some bias there affecting the prediction. Just thought I'd share.

Last edited:
Talked with my "insider" in Philly high school football and they think Swift is heading South. Thinks he wants to play for a team who will compete for a National title. Confirms what I have been saying, we need a better on field product this year, which in my conversation with them I argued we would but they are not sold on Franklin, so there may be some bias there affecting the prediction. Just thought I'd share.

Swift gave a top 3 recently, naming all southern schools. Said we would get official visit though. Yeah, we need a good season this year.

s3lX.gif
Another big verbal for Pitt. Stole one from Monmouth.

Darian Street, ranked as a three-star prospect by Rivals.com, also has offers from Kent State, Army, Monmouth, Towson and Duquesne, but he said his connection with the Pitt coaching staff was the strongest.

Can we get a big recruit soon? Hainsey, Swift, Wade, Webb? Thinking only Hainsey happening. Three of these 4 should be PSUers to dominate the state. Cmon we may not need 10 wins this year but we MUST show an improving product on the field, especially offensively.

Interesting to see how popular IMG is becoming; any thoughts as to whether this change affects PSU's chances for Hamler, plus or minus?

With all that talent does anyone know how IMG competes on the field?
They were undefeated last year playing a collection of elite high school teams from across the country, and USA Today ranked them #4 in the country at the end of the season. They don't compete in Florida's interscholastic playoffs, so they just go around and play teams from California, Texas, Louisiana, Florida, New Jersey, etc.

But they do very well. In 2014, they only lost once and finished the year nationally ranked.

They were undefeated last year playing a collection of elite high school teams from across the country, and USA Today ranked them #4 in the country at the end of the season. They don't compete in Florida's interscholastic playoffs, so they just go around and play teams from California, Texas, Louisiana, Florida, New Jersey, etc.

But they do very well. In 2014, they only lost once and finished the year nationally ranked.
They are essentially in a league of their own.

8/302:00p
Miramar (Miramar, FL)
38 - 14Win9/52:00p
@ DeSoto (De Soto, TX)
47 - 29Win9/117:00p
Cocoa (Cocoa, FL)
49 - 7Win9/191:00p
@ Bergen Catholic (Oradell, NJ)
59 - 47Win10/27:00p
St. Joseph Regional (Montvale, NJ)
24 - 12Win10/9TBA
Southern Lab (Baton Rouge, LA)
42 - 0Win10/237:00p
Paramus Catholic (Paramus, NJ)
28 - 20Win10/307:00p
Eastern Christian Academy (Elkton, MD)
50 - 16Win11/67:00p
Triple A Academy (Dallas, TX)
2 - 0 (F)Win by Forfeit

Sean Clifford packed his bags to return to Cincinnati following the Elite 11 Finals in Redondo Beach hopeful to get a call that he would be one of 12 quarterbacks heading to the nation’s premier high school showcase, The Opening in Oregon, next month. As his family drove to the airport on Monday he watched his phone as some of the nation’s top signal-callers were given the nod.

Just over halfway through, his name was officially added to the list.

“When I got the call I was with my family driving to the airport. I was scared that I wouldn’t get the call until I was on the plane, which would have made for a very hectic plane ride,” he said. “So to get it before while I was with my family, that was awesome.”

Clifford spent the weekend more than holding his own with some of the best quarterback prospects in the nation. The four-star rising senior and Penn State commit was among the most accurate passers on hand and he had a great time with the off-field aspect of the showcase as well.

“It was definitely one of the best experiences that I’ve ever had as a quarterback, especially in my high school career. I think one of the things that made the camp so great was the competition, because I’ve never been around so many guys who have the same agenda as you in terms of where they want to be and with their goals. So I think I got better off of the sheer grit of all the other players.”

The 6-foot-2, 210-pound Clifford finished No. 7 in the overall camp rankings and was No. 8 among 247Sports’ top performers.

6_4606220.jpg

(Photo: 247Sports)
“They just said that I was very smooth. They compared Davis Mills and I together in terms of mechanics and getting the ball out smooth and all that stuff. They just said that a little bit more consistency will have me ranked higher in The Opening. I’ve never done a 7-on-7 tournament like that before, so I’m excited to see how I do.”

Clifford is one of 12 quarterbacks that will head to Oregon in July to compete at The Opening, which will take place at the Nike World Headquarters in Beaverton, Oregon. He’ll head west to not only represent his high school, but also to do some recruiting for the Nittany Lions.

“I think that from a high school perspective I’m extremely honored to represent St. X as a whole and as a football program. When it comes to Penn State, it’s another honor for me to go out there and recruit guys, talk to guys and show them what it would be like if we were together as a group and how great would could be.

“I think that’s a good opportunity for me on both spectrums.”

I thought about purchasing their season tickets but could not compel myself for a $500 donation to that institution of ignorance. I have several feelers on working on tickets but if they don't come through then I'll pony up on stub hub or take my chances on game day.

Reactions: royboy
I thought about purchasing their season tickets but could not compel myself for a $500 donation to that institution of ignorance. I have several feelers on working on tickets but if they don't come through then I'll pony up on stub hub or take my chances on game day.

Yeah, stub hub fees are a killer. Add like $45 to each ticket. I'm currently leaning that way though, I'd rather be in the Penn State section. Much more fun.

Webb and Swift are visiting Georgia again today.

Good for them, I bet they will love it. I think they're going to be very disappointed when they see the offense Kirby Smart and Jim Chaney put out this fall though. We shall see

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT