ADVERTISEMENT

2017 PSU Women's VB Thread

Weird. Stanford recently lost twice to PSU and receives 2 first place votes to PSU's 1.

Yes. Rose Shires of Nebraska-Omaha apparently has a hardon for Penn State. She has PSU at #4, with Nebraska and Stanford both ranked above PSU.

The deal Cheesehead Jesus and Adidas have made will not be good for USA Volleyball. You can already see Adidas is influencing roster decisions for major international tournaments. I'm afraid Micha will be hurt the most. She has clearly outperformed Cheesehead Jesus for more than a year, but she is below Cheesehead since the Adidas deal.

How did you copy that tweet? I know I've done it before but I can't do it on my PC now. Not sure why it isn't working.

Copy the tweet address from the browser and paste directly into the body of the message.

Reactions: NitneLiun
No. 1 Florida lost to Kentucky yesterday 3 sets to 1. Penn State may take over the top spot today.
They sure didn't look like a #1 team in the two matches I saw but I guess every team has it's issues. Nebraska dominated PSU but lost to Wisconsin.

They sure didn't look like a #1 team in the two matches I saw but I guess every team has it's issues. Nebraska dominated PSU but lost to Wisconsin.
Florida certainly benefits by playing the the much weaker SEC. Even if they had made it to the tournament undefeated, teams from the Big 10 and PAC 12 would have been much more battle tested and I would have expected Florida to eventually fall to one of them.

Florida certainly benefits by playing the the much weaker SEC. Even if they had made it to the tournament undefeated, teams from the Big 10 and PAC 12 would have been much more battle tested and I would have expected Florida to eventually fall to one of them.

That's what happens to Florida and the SEC virtually every year.

In 2014, when Mizzou was undefeated at the end of the regular season, I told some Mizzou fans that they would lose to the first middle-of-the-pack B1G team they faced. They thought I was nuts and that Mizzou had the national championship locked up. In the second round they lost to middle-of-the-pack Purdue. I still remind them of that.

As for Florida falling out of the #1 spot this week, I'm not so sure. Florida and Penn State each have one loss. Florida beat the only team that has beaten Penn State. I think Florida will still get a lot of first place votes.

Women's volleyball now #1

it's official. Penn State's two wins last weekend coupled with a Florida's loss propelled the Lions into their first place ranking. Was someone saying that Russ was on the hot seat? More likely sitting on the Russ Rose bench out front of Rec Hall at lunchtime, reading the newspaper and enjoying a good cigar.

Now if only Bama would lose this weekend......

it's official. Penn State's two wins last weekend coupled with a Florida's loss propelled the Lions into their first place ranking. Was someone saying that Russ was on the hot seat? More likely sitting on the Russ Rose bench out front of Rec Hall at lunchtime, reading the newspaper and enjoying a good cigar.

Actually 'Bama (14-7) hosts Florida Fri night in VB, so hopefully 'Bama WINS this weekend! :rolleyes:

Actually 'Bama (14-7) hosts Florida Fri night in VB, so hopefully 'Bama WINS this weekend! :rolleyes:
I meant the football team. But yeah, hope Fla. WVB loses another. Our biggest WVB tests will come in the reminding B10 schedule. Hope we peak at the right time.

I meant the football team. But yeah, hope Fla. WVB loses another. Our biggest WVB tests will come in the reminding B10 schedule. Hope we peak at the right time.

You know I knew you meant football.....thus my :rolleyes:!

I don't think anyone said Russ is on the hot seat. Nobody is that stupid.

However, someone on the Liar said Pitt is now a volleyball school. I guess someone is that stupid.

Reactions: bison13

I don't recall anybody saying Rose was on the hot seat. Some have questioned if Rose still has what it takes given last year's results and recent recruiting.

Regarding being #1... Let's see how the team finishes the year.

I don't recall anybody saying Rose was on the hot seat. Some have questioned if Rose still has what it takes given last year's results and recent recruiting.

Regarding being #1... Let's see how the team finishes the year.
Yeah, you're correct. But I believe he is recruiting very well also. The remainder of the season and the Big and NCAA playoffs should provide some great competition. It will be fun to watch. This senior class (Washington, Franti, Lee) is coming into its own now, and our defense is starting to hold up well also.

Yeah, you're correct. But I believe he is recruiting very well also. The remainder of the season and the Big and NCAA playoffs should provide some great competition. It will be fun to watch. This senior class (Washington, Franti, Lee) is coming into its own now, and our defense is starting to hold up well also.
How good will PSU be next year w/o Washington, Franti, Lee, Detering, and Thelen? PSU has historically had a couple of top ranked freshmen in the lineup.

However, someone on the Liar said Pitt is now a volleyball school. I guess someone is that stupid.
People are stupid enough to think harbaugh’s on the hot seat...people are stupid enough to think just about anybody’s on the hot seat...

Glad to see their return to the top. I will feel better after I see them beat Wisky and Minny.

How good will PSU be next year w/o Washington, Franti, Lee, Detering, and Thelen? PSU has historically had a couple of top ranked freshmen in the lineup.

Next year's team will probably be the youngest and least experienced since 2011, probably more so. You would probably have to go prior to 2007 to find such a young team. I wouldn't expect any championships in 2018.

Next year's team will probably be the youngest and least experienced since 2011, probably more so. You would probably have to go prior to 2007 to find such a young team. I wouldn't expect any championships in 2018.

Gen. Doom & Gloom, let's be perfectly frank and I realize your first name may not be Frank!

You didn't expect any championships the last two times we won championships sir!

Carry on.....................................................................

Pitt had about 200 people at their match a couple Fridays ago, so at least their attendance is on par with their football.

Reactions: Ski
lol, the wet blanket strikes again!
It's a legitimate question. Over the past decade it seemed like PSU had a mix of upperclassmen and also freshmen that made a significant impact. I'm talking about star players like Micha Hancock & Megan Hodge. I don't see those types of players on this roster which suggests that next year will be more rebuilding than reloading. Not doom and gloom, just unlikely that 2018 will be a championship year. Tell me where I'm wrong.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT