ADVERTISEMENT

2 stating LBers opt out. Project the bowl LBers

LB is a real issue imo. Only Jacobs has any significant experience. The rest of the room hasn’t shown much in limited snaps.
I think Katshir has played well with limited time. It used to be though you could see flashes of a player by watching special teams but when you have a great punter and kickoff guy we can’t even play the “what if” game with any of the backups.

Reactions: jerrycalpal
dont know why people care so much about redshirts being burned, if these kids have a good 3rd year they are gone anyhow, whats the difference between redshirt sophomore year and true junior year.....

Just play the kids
Very true. If the players are good they will leave after 3 years anyway. If the players aren't good we will want them to leave 3 years from now. No attention should be paid to redshirts.

Reactions: bison13
As of last night he had no transfer crystal balls. It is a redemption thing for me....plus I think he and Brown would be a badass S duo!!
Going after Young would to me be a real sign that Franklin is all in on winning, provided that Young really has turned his life around. Bringing in Young would likely get Franklin some criticism from the snowflakes, but Young is a big time player, likely a 1 year player and the kind of player PSU needs to compete for B10 titles. Is Franklin willing to take some criticism in order to go after the big prizes?

Going after Young would to me be a real sign that Franklin is all in on winning, provided that Young really has turned his life around. Bringing in Young would likely get Franklin some criticism from the snowflakes, but Young is a big time player, likely a 1 year player and the kind of player PSU needs to compete for B10 titles. Is Franklin willing to take some criticism in order to go after the big prizes?
Great post!

I think they move Sutherland up also - I think he has played a bit at LB - perhaps the Rutgers game when everyone was experiencing the flu and could not play/finish the game.
Please no Sutherland. Not at LB. Not at S. Not at water boy. He’s a horrifically bad football player.

The number of comments that show ignorance, lack of football knowledge and plain hatred of Coach Franklin are astounding. Some examples include his salary, demanding his termination over losing players to the portal and the failure of offensive line/running backs to be more productive. All PS fans are aware of the latter. Unless you have access to coaches meetings, players meetings and the practice fields, any of the recommendations of who to start and plays run are useless. I commend those on this board who make common sense comments and I believe you are in the majority although that seems difficult to say on certain occasions.I predict a more successful future for PS and the recruiting will continue to improve. Lastly, I am a big Joe P. Fan, but he is gone and college football has changed and will change even more. I played some college football and recall when Joe was an assistant coach. There is only one Joe and I appreciate Coach Franklin and his coaching staff.

Please no Sutherland. Not at LB. Not at S. Not at water boy. He’s a horrifically bad football player.

Yep looks like Tarzan plays like Jane. If he hasn't played his way into significant reps after 4 year, he suddenly isn't going to start lighting things up at a bowl game.

Reactions: bison13
The number of comments that show ignorance, lack of football knowledge and plain hatred of Coach Franklin are astounding. Some examples include his salary, demanding his termination over losing players to the portal and the failure of offensive line/running backs to be more productive. All PS fans are aware of the latter. Unless you have access to coaches meetings, players meetings and the practice fields, any of the recommendations of who to start and plays run are useless. I commend those on this board who make common sense comments and I believe you are in the majority although that seems difficult to say on certain occasions.I predict a more successful future for PS and the recruiting will continue to improve. Lastly, I am a big Joe P. Fan, but he is gone and college football has changed and will change even more. I played some college football and recall when Joe was an assistant coach. There is only one Joe and I appreciate Coach Franklin and his coaching staff.
my favorite is when someone posts "I say we do this!" like that matters

Not sure Luketa will be around. Has he said anything?

I see Luketa mostly playing in the Middle and at times DE at times. Jacobs starts at one OLB position and either Castro Fields or Charlie K at the other Outsude spot. Younger guys spell them at times.

THIS is what the bowels (intended ref) have become. A total sheissshow. I looked forward to watching these games when I was young... that's a long fing time ago in a place long forgotten.

The only thing of value you can take from these games is that some young kids will get much needed PT, but the person who wrote last week that THIS is the start of the NEXT season, not the end of this one... is correct.

We are head to head with arkansas on several players who are slated to come here... winning might help keep them here. Yeah, losing might not matter, but i'd rather not chance losing even 1 guy.

But hey, i'm old. I actually think people on PAID scholies should finish what they started. I'm seeing a Kentucky re-do.
If we lose it isn’t even a Kentucky re-do. It is going to be very challenging to win this bowl game with so many key players opting out.

I see Luketa mostly playing in the Middle and at times DE at times. Jacobs starts at one OLB position and either Castro Fields or Charlie K at the other Outsude spot. Younger guys spell them at times.
Castro Fields has as much chance of starting at LB as the Glov.

Sorry Glov.

#TheGlov

Reactions: CbusLion10
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT