ADVERTISEMENT

170 points

Will Penn State reach 170 points at the NCAA Tournament?

• Total voters
I voted no but let's project a tournament that can (without anything outrageous)

Davis - 8th (staying conserative here, looks great but 125 seems anything can happen) - 5.5
Nagao - 5th - 10 (I think he's a kid that jumps levels in tournament like last year though)
Bartlett - 3rd (can't put him ahead of Mendez right now) - 13.5
Kasak - R12 - 2 (really wanted to see him against Gomez, hard to tell how he'll fare against AA guys otherwise)
Levi - 1st (doesn't look like it but no 157 looks flawless, he's finding ways to win) - 20
Mesenbrink - 2nd (avoids Carr in seeding) - 16
Starocci - 1st - 20
Truax - 5th - 10
Brooks - 1st - 20
Kerkvliet - 1st - 20

Total - 137

Can we collect 33 bonus?
My pts predictions to see where I came out were
Not far off.. I think 138 ..

8 "AA"s in 2023 = 137.5
2 champs
3 runner-ups
2 thirds
1 seventh

How to make up 32.5 points while losing a runner-up, third and a seventh, but gaining a fourth and a fifth, and adding three impressive freshmen ... that's the question for Cael!

All I want is to watch all 10 wrestle on Saturday in KC! Let's get 10 AAs before we set the scoring record!

8 "AA"s in 2023 = 137.5
2 champs
3 runner-ups
2 thirds
1 seventh

How to make up 32.5 points while losing a runner-up, third and a seventh, but gaining a fourth and a fifth, and adding three impressive freshmen ... that's the question for Cael!

All I want is to watch all 10 wrestle on Saturday in KC! Let's get 10 AAs before we set the scoring record!
It would be all too much for SuperGopher and Megatroll Jammenz if we equaled Minnesota’s 10AA feat with an ex Gopher and with the help of the new portal rules.

He’d be reduced to jabbering in a psych ward about 2010 national duals or something, Logan Storley’s record as of Junior Year against Matt Brown, Cael killing National duals, etc

It would be all too much for SuperGopher and Megatroll Jammenz if we equaled Minnesota’s 10AA feat with an ex Gopher and with the help of the new portal rules.

He’d be reduced to jabbering in a psych ward about 2010 national duals or something, Logan Storley’s record as of Junior Year against Matt Brown, Cael killing National duals, etc
Jammen so far:

hwj7nqq25rva1.gif

Like many others have said, if SVN didn’t get hurt I think it would’ve been broken. I think Kasak can still AA but SVN was a likely finalist plus a bonus point scorer. I think now they fall just a tiny bit short. That said, I do think that PSU breaks the record in the next few years which is crazy considering we are likely losing 2 4-timers after this season
I don’t think we get there this year or in the future. Just too many great wrestlers, NIL, the stars have to align perfectly with our team and with others. Almost did this year - esp. with Gable not coming back, a bunch of weight classes without true studs, etc. But SVN…

I think this will be the greatest dynasty in NCAA wrestling history and Cael will be the greatest coach in NCAA wrestling history. His vision and success in the face of way more competition than previous generations is astounding. But the points record will stand.

Reactions: RandyL
This coming March. 2024. Sorry I didn't clarify that in the question.

You think 3 point takedowns will get you there? Interesting. I am curious to see the comparison of points to years past after this March.
Carl was talking about this many weeks ago: that the score for a major might need to be raised a few points. Makes sense to me.

Reactions: WildTurk
I strongly disagree with some of the things that Turk has said about other posters on here, but, I've never seen him as one of the Iowa guys who takes the "PSU is cheating" stance, like IronBird and many others on the GIA site. I've seen him giving us the deserved credit quite often.
I never said he thought we were cheating, I said he thinks we bought our team, which I vehemently deny. I think our coaches get alot of the best because they develop talent and wrestlers want to come here to wrestle with the best. And I think he is an ass!

I never said he thought we were cheating, I said he thinks we bought our team, which I vehemently deny. I think our coaches get alot of the best because they develop talent and wrestlers want to come here to wrestle with the best. And I think he is an ass!
I don't think PSU bought the whole team anymore than Iowa did. I think they have good coaches, facilities, backing, in-state talent, etc. You know, all the stuff in the bucket. Logistics

-Maybe your an ass aswell? I'm actually pretty a chill guy I've been told. Especially since i quit drinking. I do like to have my wrestling message board FUN, so I'll give you that. But would you rather me be fake and kiss your butts? Seems rather boring to me.

I don't think PSU bought the whole team anymore than Iowa did. I think they have good coaches, facilities, backing, in-state talent, etc. You know, all the stuff in the bucket. Logistics

-Maybe your an ass aswell? I'm actually pretty a chill guy I've been told. Especially since i quit drinking. I do like to have my wrestling message board FUN, so I'll give you that. But would you rather me be fake and kiss your butts? Seems rather boring to me.
Someone was lying to you.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT