ADVERTISEMENT

125 NCAA

Just another PSU Fan

Jan 25, 2013
What's your TOP 5 at 125 after NCAA's?

Do you have Spencer winning another title?

How good is Vito at 125?

Nicky Pushups & Mr Glory going to flame out?

Brandon Courtney looked ready to stand high on the podium at the duals ...

Is there a scenario that will pit Spencer / Nicky on the same side of the bracket?

I'm ready!

How good is Vito at 125?

Is there a scenario that will pit Spencer / Nicky on the same side of the bracket?

I'm ready!
Hildebrant

Last edited:
This weight class's talent is best since 2018 and based on the results so far is open for 3 or 4 wrestlers to win it. Losing to SL by a few points and actually beating him is a giant leap but he looks more vulnerable than ever. Need to see Suriano in action as well as Hildebrandt but this weight class could be key to the team title.

• Haha
Reactions: cheddarwurst69
Seriously,Vito and the B10 champ will be 1-2.

I feel Suri will beat Lee for B10.
So I will say
Vito 1
Suri 2
Lee 3

Suri beats Lee again in semis and Vito takes the gold.

• Haha
I can't dethrone the champ and I have Nicky ahead of VITO (I need to ensure I'm not influenced by freestyle)

This is a tough one at this point in the season:

Your top guys are Lee, Vito, Glory, and Suriano.

After that, there are a number of guys that can make some noise. In no particular order, guys like Teske, Hildebrandt, Courtney, Lamont, Mckee to name a few.

Princeton and Cornell are scheduled to wrestle, plus in the same conference. So Vito or Glory could have 2 losses heading to NCAAs, or obviously 1 each.

If I am on the seeding committee, I give more credit to a conference champion, plus that would be the most recent result.

BIGs is the toughest conference tournament, so winner will get the 1. An undefeated Glory or Vito will get the 2. If they both beat each other, then Courtney gets the 2, and the champ from EIWA gets 3.

Lets assume Spencer beats Suriano at bigs and Suriano doesn't wrestle Jan 3 against ASU.

I would say it could look something like:
1. Lee
2. Courtney
3. Glory/Vito
4/5. Glory/Vito/Suriano

Someone please check my work, threw this together kind of quick between work calls.

Reactions: Fatmarc
Courtney will wrestle Suriano at January 3rd, and Glory on the 16th, provided all of them are healthy and not ducking each other.

I don't envision Courtney beating either of those two, if the matches actually happen.

Courtney will wrestle Suriano at January 3rd, and Glory on the 16th, provided all of them are healthy and not ducking each other.

I don't envision Courtney beating either of those two, if the matches actually happen.
Early reports were Suriano's debut would be Jan 14th, that could have definitely changed.

If Suriano doesn't wrestle, and after what I watched last night, I don't think Courtney wrestles Glory.

Courtney would then probably be undefeated going into NCAAs, which would put him no lower than 2, with a shot at the 1 being he's a returning finalist.

I think there is a clear top 3 with Lee, Suriano and Arujau. I'm putting Glory just on the outside of that. Then there's a gap to Courtney at 5. If we say Suriano beats Courtney on Jan 3rd, then I say Arujau will be the #2 seed to the winner of Suriano-Lee at Bigs. So:
1. Lee-Suriano Big Winner
2. Arujau
3. Lee-Suriano Big 2nd Place
4. Glory
5. Courtney

The Big 10 Tournament will be huge for 125. You don't want to be the guy who has to beat BOTH Arujau and the other of Lee/Suriano to win the title.

Reactions: crablegs1
This is a tough one at this point in the season:

Your top guys are Lee, Vito, Glory, and Suriano.

After that, there are a number of guys that can make some noise. In no particular order, guys like Teske, Hildebrandt, Courtney, Lamont, Mckee to name a few.

Princeton and Cornell are scheduled to wrestle, plus in the same conference. So Vito or Glory could have 2 losses heading to NCAAs, or obviously 1 each.

If I am on the seeding committee, I give more credit to a conference champion, plus that would be the most recent result.

BIGs is the toughest conference tournament, so winner will get the 1. An undefeated Glory or Vito will get the 2. If they both beat each other, then Courtney gets the 2, and the champ from EIWA gets 3.

Lets assume Spencer beats Suriano at bigs and Suriano doesn't wrestle Jan 3 against ASU.

I would say it could look something like:
1. Lee
2. Courtney
3. Glory/Vito
4/5. Glory/Vito/Suriano

Someone please check my work, threw this together kind of quick between work calls.
If Im on seeding commitee,there’s no way in hell I award a guy who sat half a year or a second semester only guy over another undefeated guy.

• Haha
Given how the NCAA seeding committees seem to reward undefeated records, if I were Zeke, I'd sit Courtney against anyone in the top 10.

I wouldn't want to tangle with Suriano or Glory, because those are likely two blemishes on his record.

Similarly, if I were Glory, I'd sit the Cornell-Princeton dual, and medical forfeit out of the EIWA finals.

Call me a cynic, but that's how the game seem to be played.

How good is Vito at 125?

I'm ready!
Do we even know for sure that Nick S is going at 125?

Reactions: RandyL
If Im on seeding commitee,there’s no way in hell I award a guy who sat half a year or a second semester only guy over another undefeated guy.
I agree with you to an extent but there has to be some exceptions. Lee just wrestled his first matches of the season. If he comes out of bigs undefeated, no way should anyone get seeded ahead of him. I thought I read or heard some where Iowa wasn't taking their starters to Midlands? Not sure if that is correct or not. If they don't, and Spencer wrestles all the duals, that will put him at 12 matches heading into bigs. If Suriano doesn't go against ASU, and wrestles the remaining schedule, he'll have 9. If he comes out of bigs still undefeated, he's the 1 seed imo.

Early reports were Suriano's debut would be Jan 14th, that could have definitely changed.

If Suriano doesn't wrestle, and after what I watched last night, I don't think Courtney wrestles Glory.

Courtney would then probably be undefeated going into NCAAs, which would put him no lower than 2, with a shot at the 1 being he's a returning finalist.
Remember the seeding now is in large part based on a formula. Courtney can't duck everyone without his SOS and seed suffering.

Remember the seeding now is in large part based on a formula. Courtney can't duck everyone without his SOS and seed suffering.

You're right, but there's a good bit of emphasis placed on H2H. If that never happens, then they can't use that portion of the formula. It would go to quality wins, similar opponents, etc

Reactions: MVPFAN
Can't remember so many talented wrestlers at 125 in a very long time. Once Suriano makes the splash into the rankings, it's hard to argue that Lee, Suriano, Glory and Arujau aren't 1a through 1d, and have separated themselves from the next best wrestlers.

-- Lee will be coddled, rightly so, saving his best for the post season.
-- Suriano is hungry, and really wants to beat Lee.
-- Glory just keeps on improving, but I wonder if not being in a top room will hurt him.
-- Arujau, like Glory, is still getting better, and his freestyle experiences will help him on his feet.

I don't know how they'll finish, they're that close on paper in my opinion. For the fun of it, I'll go with Lee winning it all (pretty early to be saying that). That said, nothing will surprise me, so I'm going to sit back and enjoy watching how it plays out.

I find it amusing that many of you are throwing dirt on Lee's grave when he has yet to give up an offensive point against him and if you have truly watched his matches this year, you would have seen the strategy of wrestling at the edge of the mat, stepping off when necessary, and basically doing anything possible to not engage. At no point was he ever in danger of giving up a point. That particular strategy was used, and allowed, in last season's championship match and I'm sure is the blueprint for this year. I look forward to the matches with Suriano, Glory, and/or Vito when they won't be looking to just last.

I find it amusing that many of you are throwing dirt on Lee's grave when he has yet to give up an offensive point against him and if you have truly watched his matches this year, you would have seen the strategy of wrestling at the edge of the mat, stepping off when necessary, and basically doing anything possible to not engage. At no point was he ever in danger of giving up a point. That particular strategy was used, and allowed, in last season's championship match and I'm sure is the blueprint for this year. I look forward to the matches with Suriano, Glory, and/or Vito when they won't be looking to just last.
When did Lee transfer to Lehigh?

Reactions: nitlion6
You're kidding, right? There's 21 posts before yours, and eight of those are from two posters. Of those that made a guess, which is only a handful, most had Lee seeded first at NCAA's, and at least two guessed that Lee would win it all. Your post is way beyond an over-reaction.

Remember guys - absolutely no criticism (even mild) allowed of the scion of Coe College’s most famous administrative employee.

Remember guys - absolutely no criticism (even mild) allowed of the scion of Coe College’s most famous administrative employee.
Where did I say to anyone you can't criticize? Talk about being thin skinned. And for the intellectually deficient on the east coast, Coe College is a private D-3 level school that has absolutely no connection with the University of Iowa - a state school.

• Haha
Reactions: Shifty15
You're kidding, right? There's 21 posts before yours, and eight of those are from two posters. Of those that made a guess, which is only a handful, most had Lee seeded first at NCAA's, and at least two guessed that Lee would win it all. Your post is way beyond an over-reaction.
That's rich coming from a Board that reacts to a Missouri fan's comments on the Iowa Board.

Where did I say to anyone you can't criticize? Talk about being thin skinned. And for the intellectually deficient on the east coast, Coe College is a private D-3 level school that has absolutely no connection with the University of Iowa - a state school.
LOL. Everybody knows the connection between Coe and Iowa.

But really, don't call people here thin skinned and intellectually deficient when you missed a 5-year running joke.

LOL. Everybody knows the connection between Coe and Iowa.

But really, don't call people here thin skinned and intellectually deficient when you missed a 5-year running joke.
I think you are giving "everyone" just a bit too much credit.

Re-read your post and tell me what part of that isn't Lehigh.

Or OKST if you prefer.

Sorry - I have no clue what you are talking about. But I did kind of think that well read wrestling posters who frequent this Board might actually have watched the matches and could see the unwillingness to engage. That just didn't seem to be all that inflammatory.

You must have started following wrestling well after it was invented in 2010.
Again - enlighten me on this connection between a private school and a state school. Just because they happen to be about 20 minutes apart does not mean they are chummy. See if you can provide some actual facts other than hearsay.

Again - enlighten me on this connection between a private school and a state school. Just because they happen to be about 20 minutes apart does not mean they are chummy. See if you can provide some actual facts other than hearsay.
Where does Spencer's father work?

You're changing the subject. This is about YOU, and only YOU, over-reacting to a 20 post thread.
How is stating a pretty observable fact overreacting? And if you don't think there have been comments in multiple threads about Lee's so-called decline then you aren't paying attention. Sorry if I did not say - only this thread matters.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT