ADVERTISEMENT

10/17, Coaches & AP Polls

Beachwineguy

Aug 21, 2008
Florida
www.dperrine.myhst.com
In the Coaches Poll, Oklahoma jumps Cincy to take over the number two spot, Bama is at four. The Big Ten East holds the next four spots with a Ohio State at 5, Michigan at 6, Michigan State at 7 and Penn State at 8. Iowa drops to 11.

Last edited by a moderator:
Penn State to 8 in coaches poll

Michigan and Michigan state jump them and Iowa to 11

How can the pitters be ranked in the top 25? They haven't beaten a top 25 team. They don't play any team in the top 25. They got soundly beaten by a fricken MAC team. The pitters should be ranked about 55.

How can the pitters be ranked in the top 25? They haven't beaten a top 25 team. They don't play any team in the top 25. They got soundly beaten by a fricken MAC team. The pitters should be ranked about 55.

I actually think they are pretty good this year. Since they lost to whoever it was western Michigan or whatever, they’ve been pretty dominant and their QB is a potential 1st or 2nd rounder.

and I think they will beat Clemson too

Wait until you see the ESPN thingy.

I actually think they are pretty good this year. Since they lost to whoever it was western Michigan or whatever, they’ve been pretty dominant and their QB is a potential 1st or 2nd rounder.

and I think they will beat Clemson too
They lost to a MAC team. End of story. They shouldn't be ever ranked in the top 50. They play a horrific schedule. Not one opponent in the top 25. None.

Their schedule is equivalent to us playing Villanova 9 times, Indiana once, Northwestern once, and Nebraska once. Of course, their QB has great stats. If we played their schedule with Roberson at QB, we would be crowing that Roberson should get the Heisman. His stats would be phenomenal. pitt sucks. They are totally a product of their putrid schedule.

Reactions: WPB_lion
Michigan and Michigan state jump them and Iowa to 11

Not in the Coach's Poll. Michigan was already in front of PSU. PSU is the spot they were last week. Michigan moved from 7th to 6th and MSU went from 9th to 7th. Iowa went from 2 to 11. And PSU was 8th and remains 8th.

This is a dumb take and that is normal for you.
I’m not a Pitt fan, but if you are going on top 25 wins. You couldn’t even put a top 25 together.
Pitt is 5-1 with a high profile QB who is lights out.

They lost to a MAC team. End of story. They shouldn't be ever ranked in the top 50. They play a horrific schedule. Not one opponent in the top 25. None.

Their schedule is equivalent to us playing Villanova 9 times, Indiana once, Northwestern once, and Nebraska once. Of course, their QB has great stats. If we played their schedule with Roberson at QB, we would be crowing that Roberson should get the Heisman. His stats would be phenomenal. pitt sucks. They are totally a product of their putrid schedule.
Another dumb take

Actually, PSU remains 7th/8th in AP and Coaches' Polls respectively - same rankings as last week (didn't "move" anywhere in either poll)

I’m not a Pitt fan, but if you are going on top 25 wins. You couldn’t even put a top 25 together.

Is Pickett high profile? I ask that in all seriousness. I've seen very little of Pitt this year. Is he routinely talked about amongst the top QBs.

I don't think their loss to Western Michigan prevents them from being ranked. But I think it is a strong indictment on Narduzzi and his staff. If you have a high profile QB and you're a ranked team, you don't lose at home to Western Michigan. Plain and simple. Pitt has had some big wins under Narduzzi but they also seem to have at least one game a year that is an absolute head scratcher. That's coaching. Pitt seems to reflect Narduzzi's spastic behavior. All highs and lows. No consistency.

I bet you spend 10 hours a day watching either Fox News or MSNBC. Just like those TV stations you don't cite any facts to support a position. You simply resort to name calling. If you think pitt should be ranked in the top 25 provide reasons for your position. I don't think they should be ranked in the top 25 and I stated why I think that way. You say I couldn't even put a top 25 together. I didn't put the top 25 together, the college coaches did and the pitters don't play any team that the coaches put on the list.

I suggest you spend about 20 seconds thinking before you post nonsense.

Is Pickett high profile? I ask that in all seriousness. I've seen very little of Pitt this year. Is he routinely talked about amongst the top QBs.

I don't think their loss to Western Michigan prevents them from being ranked. But I think it is a strong indictment on Narduzzi and his staff. If you have a high profile QB and you're a ranked team, you don't lose at home to Western Michigan. Plain and simple. Pitt has had some big wins under Narduzzi but they also seem to have at least one game a year that is an absolute head scratcher. That's coaching. Pitt seems to reflect Narduzzi's spastic behavior. All highs and lows. No consistency.
Pickett is the product of a weak schedule. The last time the pitters played a top 25 team was last November 28 and Pickett threw 4 ints.

Reactions: lionbacker
21 TDs and 1 int, 11th most passing yards in NCAA.

I despise Pitt and it makes me sick that they are any good, but they are.
You say "they are good". How do you explain them giving up 44 points and losing to a MAC team at home? If we would have lost to Villanova and played Kent State instead of Auburn and UConn instead of Wisconsin, I doubt that anyone would be saying that we are good.

pitt is 5-1 because of a ridiculous cupcake schedule. No other reason.

this can't be true. PSU is ahead of Iowa who beat PSU :rolleyes:

but ichigan and ichigan st both jumped us in the coaches poll
5,6,7 & 8 will play itself out on the field where it should be

Dude, I hate Pitt so I am not going to defend them. Don’t be shocked at end of year when they are ranked higher than us.
Schedule is very favorable and this is the weakest Clemson team in years.
I wouldn't call pitt's schedule "very favorable". I would call it an insult to Division 1 college football. Before the season started the pollsters should have looked at pitt's schedule and agreed to never vote for them in the rankings regardless of their record.

The last time Kenny Pickett played against us he spent a lot of time getting drilled.

They will win the ACC. They're not that good but very solid and definitely deserve top 25. I expect them to roll Clemson on Saturday. That said, they do drop games they should win for no explicable reason. With Pickett running the offense I do think they are legit.

I wouldn't call pitt's schedule "very favorable". I would call it an insult to Division 1 college football. Before the season started the pollsters should have looked at pitt's schedule and agreed to never vote for them in the rankings regardless of their record.
You are a strange dude. Very consistent for sure, but a strange dude. Pitt has road wins at Tennessee, Georgia Tech, and Virginia Tech. Are they great teams? No, but they are good wins. Are there 25 teams out there with better wins? A whole lot of coaches and sportswriters who vote on such things say no. They are currently in the bottom end of the top 25 in both polls.... perfectly reasonable for their body of work. They have a a similarly ranked Clemson team coming into town next week.

Regarding Kenny Pickett, he has played lights out all season. He has looked as good as any quarterback I have watched in years. Pitt's offense is playing very well right now, largely because of him. If you do not want to give him any credit for his play so far this season, that is fine. You must be an incredibly small man.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT