ADVERTISEMENT

Football Penn State moves to No. 9 in both AP & Coaches Polls

I can only surmise that with this outcome the voters in both polls weren’t as horrified by the Indiana game result as we generally were.

Reactions: therod
I can only surmise that with this outcome the voters in both polls weren’t as horrified by the Indiana game result as we generally were.
Or there's nowhere to move us. OU could have stayed ahead of us and maybe Ole Miss jumps us but Oklahoma struggled in back to back weeks against UCF then Kansas. It's not overly surprising.

Impossible, only PSU lays rotten eggs! Yeah, at least we win all of our games versus lesser opponents, even when we play like crap.
Kansas is significantly better than IU and was playing at home, but I still completely agree with your point.

Ummmm, yea...... but PSU didn't lose to Indiana dipwad. BTW, Kansas isn't all that.
1. Never said Kansas was all that
2. They've played very competitive football all year (KU 6-2 IU 2-6)
3. My point was, yesterday's performance probably would not have been good enough to beat KU
4. Not sure anything that I said warranted calling me a "dipwad"

3. My point was, yesterday's performance probably would not have been good enough to beat KU

Kansas being "competitive" in B12 makes them good... [insert eyeroll] LMFAO!

Kansas being "competitive" in B12 makes them good... [insert eyeroll] LMFAO!
They would open as a double-digit favorite against IU on a neutral field, but you can believe whatever you want. I've said time and time again that winning all of the games that you're supposed to is much more difficult than people want to believe, and that JF has typically done a great job of that, so I'm not sure what you're even trying to argue.

They would open as a double-digit favorite against IU on a neutral field, but you can believe whatever you want. I've said time and time again that winning all of the games that you're supposed to is much more difficult than people want to believe, and that JF has typically done a great job of that, so I'm not sure what you're even trying to argue.
Kansas would win the Big Ten West with ease and likely be the 4th best team in the conference. They also beat OU without their starting QB. Gotta wonder if they beat Texas had he been able to play then.

Reactions: PSUoh90
Kansas would win the Big Ten West with ease and likely be the 4th best team in the conference. They also beat OU without their starting QB. Gotta wonder if they beat Texas had he be able to play then.
Their only other loss was at Okie State by I think a TD. They've been playing well since their embarrassing performance against South Alabama.

It was poorly worded. Kansas's only other loss, aside from Texas, was to Oklahoma State.

Oklahoma State has won four straight and has a record of 6-2. They were crushed at home by South Alabama earlier in the year.

For what it's worth, Kansas will likely be up for a letdown this week and lose to ISU, but it doesn't really change anything that I said.

You disagreed with Bushwood...in his mind, that's more than enough reason to insult someone.
The funny thing is, I wasn't even disagreeing with anything. Just pointing out that the 2 games weren't comparable.

PSU was laying 31 points at home and Kansas was steamed down to +7 in some places.

PSU found a way to win. Oklahoma lost. I know that's all that matters.

The funny thing is, I wasn't even disagreeing with anything. Just pointing out that the 2 games weren't comparable.

PSU was laying 31 points at home and Kansas was steamed down to +7 in some places.

PSU found a way to win. Oklahoma lost. I know that's all that matters.

You know that's all that matters but PSU was laying blah, blah, blah......

Maybe not good enough to beat KU if someone secretly switched the teams right before kickoff but college football is all about motivation and we had no reason to get up for IU.

Maybe not good enough to beat KU if someone secretly switched the teams right before kickoff but college football is all about motivation and we had no reason to get up for IU.
I may be mistaken, but I believe PSU had only lost to Indiana two times ever, and one of those was during covid. i think even the horrible 2003 team got it's one single B1G win over Indiana. so I kind of get it if the team comes out flat against them. not a good reason but it's reality, they just don't expect it to be a competitive game

I may be mistaken, but I believe PSU had only lost to Indiana two times ever, and one of those was during covid. i think even the horrible 2003 team got it's one single B1G win over Indiana. so I kind of get it if the team comes out flat against them. not a good reason but it's reality, they just don't expect it to be a competitive game
True--I would just hope that after the embarrassing performance against Ohio State they would have wanted to take out their frustrations on a lesser team instead they played down to their level. Might happen again next week as well as they're looking ahead.

For sure, but not sure that’s the best excuse. The last few years, we’ve typically looked terrible coming off of a loss.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT