ADVERTISEMENT

Zain, Nolf, Cenzo, Nickal

You are rock solid on your record, so I'll buy em both.

Keep rolling, who you got at 184 and 197 for us?
Not Ames, but 184, even 197 aren't quite as clear cut as 133/141. Wrestle-off's, mixed starting, and the Scuffle...just like similar past situations. And for those that are stating as fact that Rasheed will be the starter at 184, well...they don't know Matt real well. Assuming this is the way it plays out, it'll be fun to watch. I'm rooting for both guys, they'll make each other better...

Reactions: tikk10
Totally agree it's conjecture on my part. But here's what we do know: He could not make 157 last year for the Scuffle and another open which means:

1)He didn't really care about wrestling in the opens and was undisciplined in his weight cutting approach.

2)The cut was significant. While significant can mean different things to different people, a cut of 20 pounds from full feed can be handled by most wrestlers, even at the high school level.

Now he could have been undisciplined in his approach. Freshman are gonna freshman. But twice? Think the staff would have had a tighter handle on it the second time. So I'm guessing #2. The kid just grew a crapload.

Once again, this all just opinion, experience and eyeball. I am not there at the scale

Then why bother saying he's cutting 25 or more pounds? It's meaningless.

Then why bother saying he's cutting 25 or more pounds? It's meaningless.

How many posts in this, or any other board,actually have ironclad proof of anything? If that is your standard, you are going to be sorely disappointed by the internets.

I was asked why I think he won't spend a long time at 165. I gave my answer. Could be right, could be wrong.

How many posts in this, or any other board,actually have ironclad proof of anything? If that is your standard, you are going to be sorely disappointed by the internets.

I was asked why I think he won't spend a long time at 165. I gave my answer. Could be right, could be wrong.

I'm pretty sure Sorenson is going at 174lbs next year. He wants to challenge Bo Nickal. Don't bother asking me for proof, though.

I'm pretty sure Sorenson is going at 174lbs next year. He wants to challenge Bo Nickal. Don't bother asking me for proof, though.

Yes, because that's totally the same. I could ask for proof that you're a guy, because you are arguing like a woman right now.

Reactions: GOLDBANGER
Yes, because that's totally the same. I could ask for proof that you're a guy, because you are arguing like a woman right now.

What I said has jus as much proof as you saying Cenzo is cutting 25+ lbs, which is zero.

I'd also like you to explain what my gender has to do with this. You don't know what my gender is, but your comment implies that there is something wrong, or something negative, about me being a woman. Why do you explain to all of us what is so negative about being a woman.

I'll wait.

What I said has jus as much proof as you saying Cenzo is cutting 25+ lbs, which is zero.

I'd also like you to explain what my gender has to do with this. You don't know what my gender is, but your comment implies that there is something wrong, or something negative, about me being a woman. Why do you explain to all of us what is so negative about being a woman.

I'll wait.

To get down to 157, I believe his cut was 25+ pounds. My reasoning? He didn't make weight twice and then I believe he wrestled his last open at 165. 20-25 pounds is my cut off for a reasonable cut based on my experience, especially for a high level, dedicated wrestler. Anything higher than that is a pretty tough cut for most. Either I'm right, or wrong. Matters not...Cenzo is a load at any weight.

So you want to go the Beta Male route and claim victimhood on behalf of women. Welp, I've been married for 21 years and any guy that has been in a relationship with a woman past 15 minutes will tell you they argue differently than a man. That and the volumes of books, movies etc highlighting our many differences. So, if you are a chick, sorry for the mix up ma'am.

I have read your post several times. Each time I read it, I get the distinct impression that it was a "put down" to both jrd and women. Normally, I enjoy reading your posts, except when you go overboard on your Hawkeye bias.

Holy crap guys. Who the hell cares. Some guy made a random comment on a wrestling board about Cenzo's weight cutting. All you have to do is agree to disagree with him and move on since no one can prove their stance either way. I personally believe he is off base on his comment, but it was his to make.

Holy crap guys. Who the hell cares. Some guy made a random comment on a wrestling board about Cenzo's weight cutting. All you have to do is agree to disagree with him and move on since no one can prove their stance either way. I personally believe he is off base on his comment, but it was his to make.
Disagree. It is beyond vital that these conflicting, off the cuff speculations be settled with at least three more pages of heated discussion, preferably discussion that devolves into invective and threats, and maybe a separate thread on HR about this thread, in the interest of fairness.

To get down to 157, I believe his cut was 25+ pounds. My reasoning? He didn't make weight twice and then I believe he wrestled his last open at 165. 20-25 pounds is my cut off for a reasonable cut based on my experience, especially for a high level, dedicated wrestler. Anything higher than that is a pretty tough cut for most. Either I'm right, or wrong. Matters not...Cenzo is a load at any weight.

So you want to go the Beta Male route and claim victimhood on behalf of women. Welp, I've been married for 21 years and any guy that has been in a relationship with a woman past 15 minutes will tell you they argue differently than a man. That and the volumes of books, movies etc highlighting our many differences. So, if you are a chick, sorry for the mix up ma'am.

No, I just wanted you to put your foot in your mouth one more time.

Disagree. It is beyond vital that these conflicting, off the cuff speculations be settled with at least three more pages of heated discussion, preferably discussion that devolves into invective and threats, and maybe a separate thread on HR about this thread, in the interest of fairness.
Great idea! And while ya'll discuss Cenzo and his weight, tell those turds over there to quit bashing the folks who run our board. They like to throw out there that Iowa fans are banned over here when they disagree with our members. That's total bs and AZ is proof of that. Funny, I was banned on their board immediately for doing the same thing AZ does here and that is simply give an opinion.

I'm not going to pile on anyone. Not on my board and not on Chief's board, even though Chief loves throwing rocks at me.

See, that's how it's done son.

I have read your post several times. Each time I read it, I get the distinct impression that it was a "put down" to both jrd and women. Normally, I enjoy reading your posts, except when you go overboard on your Hawkeye bias.

While you might have the "distinct impression" that I am putting down women or Jrd, where's your proof as my new friend Jrd would say? It's ok, because it's a message board and people form opinions w/o proof.

For those who think "arguing like a woman" is a put down, maybe you need to examine your own bias's when it comes to the intelligence level of the fairer sex. When Jrd compared Sorensen going up to 74 with my assertion that you will see Cenzo at 74, it's something my wife would do in a debate. Throw red herring's out there to see if I happen to be a squirrel and get caught up in that instead of the original debate. BTW, she's wins most of the arguments...except when it comes to wrestling ;)

So save your faux outrage on behalf of all women. Maybe Bo will end up at 184. Maybe Rasheed will go from 165 to 184 or 197. Both have been predicted on here without a shred of "proof."

Reactions: manmythlegend1
Great idea! And while ya'll discuss Cenzo and his weight, tell those turds over there to quit bashing the folks who run our board. They like to throw out there that Iowa fans are banned over here when they disagree with our members. That's total bs and AZ is proof of that. Funny, I was banned on their board immediately for doing the same thing AZ does here and that is simply give an opinion.

Think you got rounded up in the paddy wagon with some of the trolls unfortunately. I definitely disagree with it.

Reactions: johnstownsteel
While you might have the "distinct impression" that I am putting down women or Jrd, where's your proof as my new friend Jrd would say? It's ok, because it's a message board and people form opinions w/o proof.

For those who think "arguing like a woman" is a put down, maybe you need to examine your own bias's when it comes to the intelligence level of the fairer sex. When Jrd compared Sorensen going up to 74 with my assertion that you will see Cenzo at 74, it's something my wife would do in a debate. Throw red herring's out there to see if I happen to be a squirrel and get caught up in that instead of the original debate. BTW, she's wins most of the arguments...except when it comes to wrestling ;)

So save your faux outrage on behalf of all women. Maybe Bo will end up at 184. Maybe Rasheed will go from 165 to 184 or 197. Both have been predicted on here without a shred of "proof."
I am not going to get into a dispute with you. I stated my opinion (distinct impression) and so be it.

Anybody going to a meeting on a bridge or anything?

Arguing like a woman is not necessarily a derogatory statement. Between a mom, sister, neices, wife, daughters, granddaughters and since I work in healthcare and interact daily with a very diverse group of woman, woman generally do process information and present their argument differently.

However, offering "come on, now you are arguing like a woman" doesn't read like a compliment. Since we are on a message board, so what?

Just my opinion. Cenzo probably does not struggle to make 165 and probably will not grow out of the weight.

The argument that since it is a struggle to make 157 it will eventually become a struggle to make 165 is a stretch. Zain is a beast at 149, and while if necessary I imagine he could make 141 but it would probably be a struggle. That tiny piece of data doesn't really help me if I am wondering if Zain is going to eventually outgrow 149.

Now that I offered my worthless 2 cents on this 2 cent argument, can we just have a rumble on a bridge.

Reactions: Azchief32
"Liked" your post '85, but thought I'd add a written thanks. Some prefer arguing, over discussion...makes the internet (forums too) unreadable at times.

You are rock solid on your record, so I'll buy em both.

Keep rolling, who you got at 184 and 197 for us?

184 will be Rasheed. McCutheon will most likely not be in the postseason lineup for 2017.

197 should be Cassar. He trained with Nittany Lion Wrestling Club during the Spring semester. If Rasheed continues to grow to match his length there is an outside chance he could be the starter at 197.

If you have been married for 21 years Chief, then you clearly know in their minds they are always right, and you are always wrong. You are going to lose this argument bro.

If you have been married for 21 years Chief, then you clearly know in their minds they are always right, and you are always wrong. You are going to lose this argument bro.

Greco, are you implying that women are somehow irrational? Wow...what a cheap, sexist stereotype.

Haha...just joking. Thought I'd try it out. My wife is expert-level with this sh*t. We can start out arguing about Cenzo's weight but by the end of it, I'll be agreeing that Tigers are purple polka-dot colored and apologizing for somehow calling her fat. Here I am after...

5466c442b70f69e4a17644397fbd46d7.jpg

184 will be Rasheed. McCutheon will most likely not be in the postseason lineup for 2017.

197 should be Cassar. He trained with Nittany Lion Wrestling Club during the Spring semester. If Rasheed continues to grow to match his length there is an outside chance he could be the starter at 197.

Are you saying McCutcheon is going to Rutgers? Many of us are still waiting to test our plumbing with cruise liners...

Are you saying McCutcheon is going to Rutgers? Many of us are still waiting to test our plumbing with cruise liners...

Your assumption is incorrect. McCutheon is not transferring.

By stating he will not be competing in the 2017 postseason means he will not be starter for the Nittany Lions due to Shakur Rasheed most likely being the 184 for Penn State at the Big Ten Conference Championships.

Greco, are you implying that women are somehow irrational? Wow...what a cheap, sexist stereotype.

Haha...just joking. Thought I'd try it out. My wife is expert-level with this sh*t. We can start out arguing about Cenzo's weight but by the end of it, I'll be agreeing that Tigers are purple polka-dot colored and apologizing for somehow calling her fat. Here I am after...

5466c442b70f69e4a17644397fbd46d7.jpg

Well...you have learned to suck up in order to make things happen later with your old lady!

Last edited:
Reactions: Greco Gilligan
Your assumption is incorrect. McCutheon is not transferring.

By stating he will not be competing in the 2017 postseason means he will not be starter for the Nittany Lions due to Shakur Rasheed most likely being the 184 for Penn State at the Big Ten Conference Championships.

I know. I just couldn't resist another Rutgers cruise liner crack.

Hey Mike, talking about mailing things, where are we with the pics? Do you need a PSU shirt for it?
I do need a shirt, do you know of a cheap second hand shirt place that sell shirts before Carl's time? There has to be shirts for a dollar, probably all of them just say "PSU" since wrestling wasn't happening before Carl in Pa. :)

I do need a shirt, do you know of a cheap second hand shirt place that sell shirts before Carl's time? There has to be shirts for a dollar, probably all of them just say "PSU" since wrestling wasn't happening before Carl in Pa. :)
I am sure we can find a shirt for you and John. Ill try to hit up Goldbanger for a donation lol.

Reactions: GOLDBANGER
I only WISH I could argue like a woman: They've won every single argument I've ever seen, since I've been old enough to see them.

I know every argument with a woman I've ever had, even if I thought that I won, I came to find I had actually lost...and in a BIG way!!

Reactions: Grass
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT