ADVERTISEMENT

Zain, Nolf, Cenzo, Nickal

Chickenman Testa

Jan 4, 2003
not a bad heart of the order.

So some insiders on FOS said Cenzo was close to Nolf. If so, me likey

I'very been posting since January that Cenzo will be as difficult to beat this coming season as Nolf was this past season.

I have seen nothing, nor heard anything to make me believe otherwise. Have no idea if anybody can beat him this coming season, but it will have to be someone better than I Jordan.

I'very been posting since January that Cenzo will be as difficult to beat this coming season as Nolf was this past season.

I have seen nothing, nor heard anything to make me believe otherwise. Have no idea if anybody can beat him this coming season, but it will have to be someone better than I Jordan.
200w.gif

Reactions: Hotshoe and LionLaw
There is no guarantee that Hall is redshirting: It's not probable, but it there is an outside chance of Retherford, Nolf, Joseph, Hall, and Nickal, in a row this year....now most LIKELY that does not happen until next year, but it's a POSSIBLE this year. Even if it doesn't, how does this sound?

125 Nick Suriano
133 Jered Cortez
141 Jimmy Gulibon
149 Zain Retherford
157 Jason Nolf
165 Cenzo Joseph
174 Bo Nickal
184 Shakur Rasheed or Matt McCutcheon
197 Matt McCutcheon or Anthony Cassar
Hwt Nick Nevills or A.J. Nevills

not a bad heart of the order.

So some insiders on FOS said Cenzo was close to Nolf. If so, me likey

Has anybody heard from Jason? He hasn't posted anything to Twitter and has not competed. I was just wondering about his psyche. I know he was tremendously disappointed at Nationals. I would think it would strengthen his resolve because of the type of young man he is. I'm just looking for some affirmation.

Over on HR, I posted back at the beginning of the year that I was more excited about Joseph when he committed than I was when Nolf and Retherford did. I forget who the PSU poster was there but he pretty much went off on me that I was nuts to feel that way. I'd look it up but I've been banned over there. I only remember that because I thought it was kinda weird that two PSU fans were having a disagreement on a Hawkeye board. Lol. And before anyone says it, I'm not saying Joseph will have a better career than the other two. Just at the time of their signings I thought it was possible.

One further, how about preseason rankings, all guess work but let's attempt it:

125: Suriano, #5
133: Cortez, #9
141: Gulibon, #12
149: Retherford, #1
157: Nolf, #1
165: Joseph, #4
174: Nickal, #1
184: Rasheed, #15
197: Cassar, #20
Hwt: Nevills, #14

Team Rank: PSU, #1

Reactions: udt012
Has anybody heard from Jason? He hasn't posted anything to Twitter and has not competed. I was just wondering about his psyche. I know he was tremendously disappointed at Nationals. I would think it would strengthen his resolve because of the type of young man he is. I'm just looking for some affirmation.

David Taylor was PINNED, and came back the next year, under Cael, to win the national championship. Matt Brown lost a controversial finals match, then won the national championship under Cael two years later. Quentin Wright lost an overtime match he should have won, then came back and won TWO IN A ROW the next two years, under Cael.

Jason is fine, relax.

Reactions: PO60
Maybe he's the one transferring to Rutgers...

Totally kidding fellas..

Reactions: tikk10
David Taylor was PINNED, and came back the next year, under Cael, to win the national championship. Matt Brown lost a controversial finals match, then won the national championship under Cael two years later. Quentin Wright lost an overtime match he should have won, then came back and won TWO IN A ROW the next two years, under Cael.

Jason is fine, relax.

Oh yeah. I totally believe in him. I hope he stays at 157. And, in wrestling, you have been humbled at some point. The great ones like Jason gain strength from those setbacks. I just want to make sure I'm right.

Jason is fine, relax.
Small correction.
Quentin beat Hamlin from Lehigh his sophomore year, lost to Bosak from Cornell his junior year and beat Kilgore from Kent zst his senior year.

If speculation rings true, Martinez may be a real factor at 165.

Most of us knew he was going up to 65 long ago, the haters don't want that, so they continue to insist otherwise. IMar is going at 165 Ryan is going to have to redshirt Myles Martin, and I still say it's this year. By the way, MM was man handled today at UWW at his new weight.

Nobody wants any part of 149 OR 157 this year, you will see a glut both at 141, and at 165, as people do whatever they can to avoid both weights.

Last edited:

A true freshman ranked fifth in the preseason? Not a prayer.

Most of us knew he was going up to 65 long ago, the haters don't want that, so they continue to insist otherwise. IMar is going at 165 Ryan is going to have to redshirt Myles Martin, and I still say it's this year. By the way, MM was man handled today at UWW at his new weight.

Nobody wants any part of 149 OR 157 this year, you will see a glut both at 141, and at 165, as people do whatever they can to avoid both weights.
Why would Ryan Redshirt Martin? I agree he was soundly beaten by Z. Valencia who was ranked higher out of HS than him.

Those are pretty good rankings. So, Mouse is shuffled out next year?

Those are pretty good rankings. So, Mouse is shuffled out next year?

Nope. Mouse will be at the ready, and if he beats out Shak in the room, then he goes, and if he doesn't, then he goes against Cassar for the spot at 197. That's why we are what we are: We have 3 great guys for every 2 weights.

Nope. Mouse will be at the ready, and if he beats out Shak in the room, then he goes, and if he doesn't, then he goes against Cassar for the spot at 197. That's why we are what we are: We have 3 great guys for every 2 weights.

Miles playing wrestling coach again. What is this "we"? Are you on the team or staff?

Get back on your medication Miles.

He does appear to be as thick as a house. If he pounds people like i believe he will, probably won't take long to have one of your fellow HR posters suggesting magic vitamins.
I see that Sansouci (sp?) is over on HR stating that he feels Retherford is on PEDs and should be tested. Anyone know this guy? Is he being serious or just yanking chains? Also, if you do know him and he's being serious, any chance I could get you to kick his teeth down his throat? I have a few bucks if that helps...

Reactions: LHavenlion
I see that Sansouci (sp?) is over on HR stating that he feels Retherford is on PEDs and should be tested. Anyone know this guy? Is he being serious or just yanking chains? Also, if you do know him and he's being serious, any chance I could get you to kick his teeth down his throat? I have a few bucks if that helps...
Yup, and a few other guys on that board. Even though Zain is still smaller then their 149 and most other 149s. He made a "yuge" 1 weight class jump in his redshirt year - and 18 months to lift into it. That's unheard of for a 19 year old. o_O

I must have been on Horse Testosterone Extract when I grew 4 inches and put on 30 pounds in the summer after my senior year of high school.

Now that a few of them are feeling their oats after landing Lee and Teasdale (and wanting to avoid any allusions to NLWC "slush funds" since it must not be much of one if it couldn't land Pa's best since Kolat), PED use by some of our guys is the next excuse. After 5 in 6 the excuses are running thin. The ones still claiming Cael can't coach are few and far between - like the Japanese WW2 soldiers coming out of the Philipine jungle in the 70s thinking the war was still on. They need a new excuse.

The good thing is that Cenzo's performance yesterday made us an even better bet next year. Haters gonna hate

Hard to believe, but he said it knowing you would immediately run over here to repeat it.

Cenzo getting big...lucky to keep 165 for a year.
I disagree. I think he's finally topped out as far as his competition weight goes and as long as he's working out and wrestling will hover around his current size. Now, when he hits old man mode much like myself, I could see him swelling up from beer, pizza and all the other enjoyments we take in when we don't care so much.

Hard to believe, but he said it knowing you would immediately run over here to repeat it.
All that said, I've seen it a few times from some embittered Iowa fans (and 1 okie state guy) - despite almost all our guys being on the more wiry side (e.g. Nico, Nolf, Nickal)

Some are dead serious

Zain hits the gym, gets gold.

Hawks hit the gym, get mullets.

I'd call him out on it there but unfortunately I can't. You're probably right though...
I'm glad you can't in this case. He's probably baiting. Then they'll have another 35 or so threads about PSU bad fans trolling on HR. Plus another month's worth of legit threads that get hijacked by "look how bad the PSU trolls are."

Don't take the bait.

Personally I think cenzo could make 157 but wont be asked too

SS was the guy who got drunk and wanted too fight people in his hometown on a bridge a few weeks ago. So take his aggression fwiw but no more than that.

Zain is a farm kid simple as it is. Kid has been chucking hay bails longer than hes been a wrestler.

Between HS graduation and my sophomore college summmer i gained 50lbs and 4 inches. My dad was the same way went into miltary at 17 was 5'6" 120 lbs and came out 25 and 6'3 and 220.

A wise man once said .....haters gonna hate hate hate.

Now that a few of them are feeling their oats after landing Lee and Teasdale
Yup. Got trolled the other day by two Iowa fans on the OSU board on a subject that was for all intents and purposes unrelated to Iowa. Funny and sad at the same time.

Last edited:
If speculation rings true, Martinez may be a real factor at 165.
I think Cenzo can beat Martinez. One VERY slight advantage he had over Jason was he was a little stronger after a match where he had a lot of time to get his weight up high. Cenzo is very very strong....Also tough as nails as well....

Very exciting! Anyone know how Cenzo was doing against Nolf in practice last year?

I find it amusing that while Zain puts on muscle and goes up one weight in two years, somehow Gavin Teasdale, just weeks after signing for Iowa, has gained 23 pounds of muscle and will now wrestle 3 weight classes higher than ever before.

That's some amazing shit right there.

Reactions: Cenosillicaphobia

It is unbelievable his insinuations..lol I mean retherford had a full Redshirt year to lift and concentrate on his body and technique and all he went up is 8 pounds in weight class 141-149. That is not what I would call HUGE Growth...lol As far as getting ripped, after looking at the Cenzo, Rasheed, Cassar Picture it looks like PSU has great trainers that know how to diet and lift the body into being "ripped". When a HUGE chunk of your life is school and working out you can do amazing things with the body. Suriano is already ripped so I guess he must be on PED's before he gets to PSU....What a Joke that guy is

Reactions: johnstownsteel
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT