ADVERTISEMENT

Van Ness

So do we continue to wrestle an undersized Kasak or do we go with an undersized Evans?

That stinks for SVN! The depth of PSU is real. Next man up, Kasak’s turn to light it up.

Cael did mention Pierce and Evans as possible fill-ins too.

He also mentioned that Kasak had been focused on making 141 this year.

Last edited:
This suuuuuckkkssss. And it’s fair to start to wonder if his body will hold up through a college career. Third major injury in about four years
Some guys are just snakebit. Look at Howard.

Spencer was like that. Had two major injuries before graduating high school. I'm honestly surprised he hasn't had another shoulder injury. Usually those come back.

Reactions: dbldoofus
Wonder if it’s the same knee he already had issues with if that’s the case.

Shazbot! Well, in one sense, this can take the focus off of 170, which is probably a good thing.

Now maybe Kasak can go this year and Shane can get a medical. I bet it's only a 50/50 that Kasak goes 149 this year. I am good with it if he doesn't. IMO he needed this year as a redshirt, but if he goes could he be a R16? I think so. I don't really like this scenario as Ideally Kasak needs this year and he is undersized for 149. Likewise he needs to fill in after Beau next year and the sea sawing weights is not a good thing.

If there was ever a year where we can absorb an injury, this was the one. I hope we don't see any more, but it's a long hard season.

It's too bad Barraclough was not a 149, seeing a backup with that kind of potential is bittersweet.

The what ifs will fade into history, just as the year we had 5 champs but lost Surriano who probably would have been #6. It's all good. No doubt Shane comes back even one more year scarier. He may not lose again.

Last edited:
It's a major blow and Shayne cannot be replaced. Feel terrible for him. Hurts both the wrestler and the team. Hurts everyone really. Get well soon Shayne.

Damn this sucks. Kid was looking so good. Was really excited to see him and Ridge go at it. I’m super high on Kasak though. I truly think he can AA. Still losing some points from what SVN would’ve put up but I think Kasak will surprise a lot of people

Damn. Injuries suck. Feel so badly for the young man. He was looking fantastic and a real threat to get a title. 😢

Dang that sucks. I was really looking forward to watch SVN win his 1st national championship this year.

That Sucks The Office GIF

Ugh. Feel awful for Shayne. At least he's getting it taken care of right away, so he'll have more recovery time toward next year.
Yes indeed. Get healthy young man.

Good thing he isn't wrestling for that midwestern team. ACL's are for wusses!

Hope to see Shayne for three more healthy years after this one.

Okay Kasak/Evans/Pierce - this is your time. Take advantage!

Sad for Van Ness and his family. Hate it when any kid loses a chance to chase their dream, whether it's a PSU wrestler or not. Should be Evans or Kasak based on observations to date, though it's a time for others to shine too. Just an fyi, Evans and Kasak wrestled to what amounted to a draw at the Black Knight Invitational. No takedowns, Kasak winning 3-2 in TB-2 @ 141 lbs. Kasak has a RS, Evans does not. Though I recognize the upside for Kasak, most true freshmen could use a redshirt. All factors will be considered.

For anyone interested, I have video up from Cael's & Levi's media availabity on BSD:

Sad for Van Ness and his family. Hate it when any kid loses a chance to chase their dream, whether it's a PSU wrestler or not. Should be Evans or Kasak based on observations to date, though it's a time for others to shine too. Just an fyi, Evans and Kasak wrestled to what amounted to a draw at the Black Knight Invitational. No takedowns, Kasak winning 3-2 in TB-2 @ 141 lbs. Kasak has a RS, Evans does not. Though I recognize the upside for Kasak, most true freshmen could use a redshirt. All factors will be considered.
Kasak is also a lot closer to beIng a true 149 pounder than Evans

Reactions: mcpat
Well sh*t 😩 , feel terrible for Shayne.

His infectious smile and fun loving attitude will really be missed. Hoping for a speedy and complete recovery.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT