ADVERTISEMENT

The Anvil breezed into Fargo Greco finals

Will still be undefeated, White could score but Smith already beat him and controlled the whole match. As for Marinelli, easy win for Joe since Marinelli (very good Folkstyle) doesn't freestyle.
A multiple champ, White has never lost a match at Fargo and if he attended he would have another stop sign. His losses at the duals are the same reason he didn't attend Fargo. He hasn't been really training since the season ended. He attended the duals last minute to try to help the team and didn't plan to wrestle freestyle. An Isaiah White training/focusing on a Fargo title does not lose to Joe Smith or anyone else.

A multiple champ, White has never lost a match at Fargo and if he attended he would have another stop sign. His losses at the duals are the same reason he didn't attend Fargo. He hasn't been really training since the season ended. He attended the duals last minute to try to help the team and didn't plan to wrestle freestyle. An Isaiah White training/focusing on a Fargo title does not lose to Joe Smith or anyone else.
You have your right to your opinion Papa and I have mine, I also have a freestyle match which wasn't even close this year to go along with my opinion. Until they meet again, what weight is he going in college 165/174?

Here you go:

images
+1

Mike T. Met you at Nationals at the Irish Pub, and ran into several times later. I know you are just "poking" fun , however I am up for a preseason bet. PSU out scores OSU in New York. Picture ? Beer? Shaved head? You name the stakes.

Mike T. Met you at Nationals at the Irish Pub, and ran into several times later. I know you are just "poking" fun , however I am up for a preseason bet. PSU out scores OSU in New York. Picture ? Beer? Shaved head? You name the stakes.
Lyco, I remember you stalking me the whole tournament. Enjoyed talking to you guys and of course the free beer. Great group of guys, sure will be hooking up with you all in NY. If I remember correctly all you guys we're ugly, so shaving your head would only hurt me so that is out. Money is a no fun bet, maybe wearing other team shirt for the loser with a picture with the loser head coach in it?

Reactions: obrats
You have your right to your opinion Papa and I have mine, I also have a freestyle match which wasn't even close this year to go along with my opinion. Until they meet again, what weight is he going in college 165/174?
White didn't look like himself during the duals before the Smith match and I told you the reason why. No one wrestles at a high level with an absence of training for 4 months. Its a bigger win for Smith than it ever could have been for White and there is a reason for that. My son has scrapped with both multiple times and I value his opinion more than yours so I'll leave it at that.
I would guess White will be 165.

Last edited:
Mikey has officially crawled back to Oklahoma on his knees. It's where many Oklahoma State wrestlers spend entire matches... so it's appropriate. :)

Pa. grapplers don't have much interest in Fargo. When they show up at the super 32 in NC they outdistance the other states. Oklahoma is still a Texas-wannabe hick state. Okla. was surrounded by other American states and it still took many years for you to join us.

How did Oklahoma do at Flonats?
Not sure if this was suppose to validate something or diminish OK wrestling, but it was not a good tournament to pick. OK sent 15 wrestlers, 7 placed including 3 champs, tied for most with PA. If it was an honest inquiry then there is your answer.
For the record I belive PA produces the most talent in the country.

Not sure if this was suppose to validate something or diminish OK wrestling, but it was not a good tournament to pick. OK sent 15 wrestlers, 7 placed including 3 champs, tied for most with PA. If it was an honest inquiry then there is your answer.
For the record I belive PA produces the most talent in the country.
It was only to point out that showing up is half of winning. OK didn't go full-force to Flonats, nor did PA send its volume to Fargo. Of course the intended audience knew that already.

Just curious, why is Fargo lesser-attended by PA? I saw they had a pretty large contingent at Kids Nationals in the Dells. I know there's various reasons, but I figured I'd throw it out there. By lesser-attended, I guess I mean by the stand-out names. No offense to those that did attend.

I know a couple MN studs had Worlds to prepare/pay for. I'm sure some were starting summer school for college. We have it nice, being a single-digit-hour drive. I even hauled over to catch FS finals for the first time in a few years, on Saturday.

Just curious, why is Fargo lesser-attended by PA? I saw they had a pretty large contingent at Kids Nationals in the Dells. I know there's various reasons, but I figured I'd throw it out there. By lesser-attended, I guess I mean by the stand-out names. No offense to those that did attend.

I know a couple MN studs had Worlds to prepare/pay for. I'm sure some were starting summer school for college. We have it nice, being a single-digit-hour drive. I even hauled over to catch FS finals for the first time in a few years, on Saturday.

CropDuster507 (great name by the way), a lot of the kids want a breather during the summer and the cost of traveling there is ridiculous for PA guys. Was just with another coach this past weekend who was there and it's ridiculous how much they charge. He also said the hotels around the area are dumps or at least the one organized for the PA guys is a dump. That's some of the feedback I have gotten.

P.S. Janney plays football so you will not see him at Fargo, FloNationals, or any other tournament before Turkey Day.

What TJB said.

A lot of PA kids go to Flonats, Disney, and Super 32 -- all of which are cheaper and easier to get to.

I've also heard quite a few PA kids (and their parents) hate everything about Fargo except the actual wrestling -- including the travel, the hotels, the arena, etc.

For comparison: Erie is about 16-17 hrs drive to both Fargo and Orlando. It's the closest PA city to Fargo and the furthest from Orlando. Orlando has Disney and plenty of beaches and cities on the way to/from. And a lot of people can fly nonstop cheaply to Orlando. I know which one I'd rather go to ...

I completely understand those reasons. Like I said, in MN, Fargo is well-attended due to lower costs and travel distance. Also, our coaching staffs do an awesome job with MN/USA. Whereas, I don't think an MN team has gone to Disney Duals since I've followed wrestling. I know they're starting to do Super 32 more and more.

Thanks for the info, guys.

Lyco, I remember you stalking me the whole tournament. Enjoyed talking to you guys and of course the free beer. Great group of guys, sure will be hooking up with you all in NY. If I remember correctly all you guys we're ugly, so shaving your head would only hurt me so that is out. Money is a no fun bet, maybe wearing other team shirt for the loser with a picture with the loser head coach in it?[/QUOTe
Mike it is a bet. You can order your shirt thru familyclothesline.com

What TJB said.

A lot of PA kids go to Flonats, Disney, and Super 32 -- all of which are cheaper and easier to get to.

I've also heard quite a few PA kids (and their parents) hate everything about Fargo except the actual wrestling -- including the travel, the hotels, the arena, etc.

For comparison: Erie is about 16-17 hrs drive to both Fargo and Orlando. It's the closest PA city to Fargo and the furthest from Orlando. Orlando has Disney and plenty of beaches and cities on the way to/from. And a lot of people can fly nonstop cheaply to Orlando. I know which one I'd rather go to ...

There are a couple factors that play into the PA kids not attending Fargo. Money is one of the biggest. PAWF doesnt make it cheap to travel to Fargo. Alot of coaches put teams togethor for trips all over the country year round. They know the cost of a bus, hotel, food, gear X's 25 kids should equal up to or about such and such amount. Fargo is way more expensive then it should be. Along with all the back door politics, Little Jimmy took first so he only pays X, Little Joey took 4th he pays XX. Parents arent happy to foot part of the bill for another kid because the other kid placed higher at FS/GR states.

Fargo being in Fargo. Pa kids would rather head to the beach and wrestle for 7 days then the Midwest and wrestle for 7 days. Plain and simple. Look at the number of PA kids who attend Virginia Beach National Duals or Disney Duals. The location of these events makes it an easy place to bring the family along and turn it into a mini-vacation. Not many people want to travel to Fargo to vacation.

There are a couple factors that play into the PA kids not attending Fargo. Money is one of the biggest. PAWF doesnt make it cheap to travel to Fargo. Alot of coaches put teams togethor for trips all over the country year round. They know the cost of a bus, hotel, food, gear X's 25 kids should equal up to or about such and such amount. Fargo is way more expensive then it should be. Along with all the back door politics, Little Jimmy took first so he only pays X, Little Joey took 4th he pays XX. Parents arent happy to foot part of the bill for another kid because the other kid placed higher at FS/GR states.

Fargo being in Fargo. Pa kids would rather head to the beach and wrestle for 7 days then the Midwest and wrestle for 7 days. Plain and simple. Look at the number of PA kids who attend Virginia Beach National Duals or Disney Duals. The location of these events makes it an easy place to bring the family along and turn it into a mini-vacation. Not many people want to travel to Fargo to vacation.

Been biting my tongue since this subject came up, mainly because I'm friends with some really good guys who are part of the organization and are definitely not the issue. But you can sum up what's wrong with PA in the international styles in the four letter acronym above that starts with P and ends in F.

I really don't like to get into these type of "state" debates when it comes to freco, because what we really should be doing is applauding states like IL and OK who really have their stuff together when it comes to the international styles. They are just better than us at this point, just like we are just better than them when it comes to folkstyle. Lot's of people think that "wrestling is wrestling," but it's really not.

We certainly would be more competitive with those states if we had more involvement from our top wrestlers, but at this point I think there are a couple states that are just better. Organization, coaching - they have an advantage just like we have in folk.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT