ADVERTISEMENT

The Anvil breezed into Fargo Greco finals

Don't see how dropping out of Blair to wrestle with the Storm could be perceived as anything but trying to improve. He has olympic aspirations. And I guess we have different definitions of poor/competitive. 2 and 7/8 at a National tournament is fine by me. He consistently places at top tournaments.

If you're saying he doesn't deserve the #2 overall ranking, that's fine, but it means nothing in terms of his folkstyle success. He is a hammer and is going to be very good. Not every recruit is a David Taylor or Logan Stieber.

Well said, also feel Mason could benefit with more of a home base for training and is it really necessary for him to appear at so many events? He seems to be everywhere, slow down and work on some technique. Throttle it down some Mason.

It's my opinion, focusing on Greco is counter productive and has hurt him in his neutral offense for Freestyle and Folk. Feel free to disagree, but Mason won Fargo in freestyle last year and is wrestling for 7th this year.

Burnout is a valid concern and could explain some of his performance issues, but that's not something that is easily remedied without taking significant time off and possibly jeopardizing a scholarship offer.

No one compared him to Taylor or Stieber. Please stop with the straw arguments.

Look, if Cael brings him in on a 1/3rd scholarship with a promise of more if he breaks into the starting lineup, great, all for it, but if he he is brought in for much more, this is a mistake in my opinion, especially considering the lightweight needs.

Last edited:
Reactions: CSauertiegPSU
Is there one person on this board who would turn Manville away if he chose to walk on? (Tognetti doesn't count.)

I didn't think so.

So this really boils down to how much money Cael offers and how much Manville requires -- which few if any of us will likely ever know.

Reactions: Maddog
I thought it was a pretty good Troll post myself. There is always offers and since Manville can get a offer by "In Cael we trust" this month, and if it was a good one for Manville I'm sure Cael will be doing about face right now! This is only a verbal and a recruit can change his mind at anytime until signing, but another Haines situation, creditability by a coach is pretty important to a recruit! As for Marsteller ship he better produce or I'm going to kick his ##s! Joe Smith looking good at 157, also with Blees there too. Chance will move up the following year to 165 after Alex third NC ("Third" that's one more then David Taylor and Ed Ruth). Wow, now that is a good follow up for a Troll.

so your math is as bad as your history? Must have went to Stilly High, too.

This thread has turned into overreaction city. One bad tournament and everyone is throwing out the babies with the bathwater.

You can't win everything all the time. It's not like the guys he's lost to are chumps, they're highly ranked national recruits. Give them some credit.

Based on some of the comments here I'd think a few folks would've benched Q on our first championship run. The big picture is what matters. No one will care about how Manville did in this tournament in a few years. Learn from it and move on. I trust Cael will maximize Mason's abilities.

This.

Is there one person on this board who would turn Manville away if he chose to walk on? (Tognetti doesn't count.)

I didn't think so.

So this really boils down to how much money Cael offers and how much Manville requires -- which few if any of us will likely ever know.
I hear, 2/3 ride and I hope he stays at PSU! The perfect wrestler for your problem at 125.

That problem will be solved this week, a little Bird told me[/QUOTE

36066874.jpg

Last edited:
I hear, 2/3 ride and I hope he stays at PSU! The perfect wrestler for your problem at 125.
Maybe you could do something positive, like share lessons learned on how to manage multiple simultaneous logjams in the middle and upper weights.

Maybe you could do something positive, like share lessons learned on how to manage multiple simultaneous logjams in the middle and upper weights.
One lesson- starvation.

Can you imagine what Nolf is going to do in the 3rd against a cut to the bone Chance?

Not really. That's Jordan Rogers' spot in the lineup. Chance is gonna have to go against Conaway.
You guys are so funny. Here is a little reality, how did your Pa boys do at Fargo? Finished #8, sorry showing at Fargo, best wrestling state? I don't think so!

You guys are so funny. Here is a little reality, how did your Pa boys do at Fargo? Finished #8, sorry showing at Fargo, best wrestling state? I don't think so!
YOU idiot... we're going to show you again... the best wrestling STATE IS PENNSYLVANIA... at this YEARS NCAA NATIONAL TOURNAMENT. IF you want to put your money where your mouth is... I'll wager what ever your "power of attorney" will allow you to wager.

Reactions: lionlover
Then there is the added reality that Pa and several other Eastern states send only a few of their ranked guys. Off the top of my head we were missing at least 3 World Team members. Think they and others might have helped?

I saw all the braying by these other, lesser states. We'll see.

But they sent absolutely nobody of note to Fargo. But hey, who needs context?

Excuses, excuses, we're is all that depth from the best wrestling state Pa? Finishing 8, right ahead of that power house state Arizona. Pa sent 54 wrestlers compared to Az 33! As for nobody of note from Pa must mean there is only a few wrestlers of note in Pa. Glory years are over boys! As for college this year "OSU" is the favorite and I would bet they finish ahead of PSU!

Excuses, excuses, we're is all that depth from the best wrestling state Pa? Finishing 8, right ahead of that power house state Arizona. Pa sent 54 wrestlers compared to Az 33! As for nobody of note from Pa must mean there is only a few wrestlers of note in Pa. Glory years are over boys! As for college this year "OSU" is the favorite and I would bet they finish ahead of PSU!

OSU... is NOT the favorite and put your $ where your big mouth is. What ever amount? You live in a distorted, self induced... delusional world. OSU would get hammered every day of the year by Penn State. Ante up a number... and STOP your ridiculous, non-sense. Ohio State (OSU) is a viable competitor. Oklahoma State.. we'll use your team to clean up the mats after the POST PENN STATE celebration. Come up with a figure... today... and it's in stone. Don't go hiding under a rock... later on.

I won't go quite this far. Jordan Wood teched his way thru, except for a 0:13 pin. Sammy Sasso lit up 132. Hidlay took 3rd at 152, Murin 4th at 120, Parker 2nd at 113 ... and that's the full list of "name" wrestlers attending.

But the main point is absolutely true. Here is a PARTIAL list of "names" who didn't attend: Spencer Lee. Luke Pletcher. Gavin Teasdale. Luke Karam. Mickey Phillippi. Jarod Verkleeren. Cam Coy. Jake Wentzel. Mike Labriola. Kaleb Young. Dakota Geer. Francis Duggan. Seth Janney.

And that doesn't include the graduated seniors: Cenzo, Krivus, Kemerer, Shields, Johnson, Brown, Myers, Duggan, Dunn, Stout, Walter, Maruca ...

Funny how many graduated seniors from other states returned to Fargo this year because they had "unfinished business."

Wow, it's a little early to be drinking on a Sunday Togs. Your act is old here...don't let blatant facts (PA consistently leads the number of NCAA All-Americans) get in the way of trying to make a BS argument. In fact, I'm not even sure what your argument is. 2006 seems like a long time ago doesn't it buddy...

Reactions: Sullivan
How did Oklahoma do at Flonats?

The Cowboys will be tough.

I see you're having the same numbers debate with PBS on Twitter. Who cares how many bracket fillers go? They don't score points.

Would your boy Joe Smith go unbeaten and unscored upon if, let's say, Isaiah White and Alex Marinelli went to Fargo? Likely no.

OSU... is NOT the favorite and put your $ where your big mouth is. What ever amount? You live in a distorted, self induced... delusional world. OSU would get hammered every day of the year by Penn State. Ante up a number... and STOP your ridiculous, non-sense. Ohio State (OSU) is a viable competitor. Oklahoma State.. we'll use your team to clean up the mats after the POST PENN STATE celebration. Come up with a figure... today... and it's in stone. Don't go hiding under a rock... later on.
I will bet with a few other PSU poster other than you, you have showed that when you lose a bet you don't man up to it! Amalone, I have no respect for you and you know it. There are other that will take my bet that I respect.

The Cowboys will be tough.

I see you're having the same numbers debate with PBS on Twitter. Who cares how many bracket fillers go? They don't score points.

Would your boy Joe Smith go unbeaten and unscored upon if, let's say, Isaiah White and Alex Marinelli went to Fargo? Likely no.
Will still be undefeated, White could score but Smith already beat him and controlled the whole match. As for Marinelli, easy win for Joe since Marinelli (very good Folkstyle) doesn't freestyle.

I will bet with a few other PSU poster other than you, you have showed that when you lose a bet you don't man up to it! Amalone, I have no respect for you and you know it. There are other that will take my bet that I respect.
Nice - I'm a gambling man. Let's revisit closer to the season. I think we've got the top 2 teams, so it's a fair bet.

It's well-known that Manville will decommit. Surprised that it took three pages for the fans to figure it out. The real question is who will be transferring with Beitz, Retherford, Frey, Moss, Nolf, Joseph, Hammond, Rasheed, and Law all competing for the same few spots.

It's well-known that Manville will decommit. Surprised that it took three pages for the fans to figure it out. The real question is who will be transferring with Beitz, Retherford, Frey, Moss, Nolf, Joseph, Hammond, Rasheed, and Law all competing for the same few spots.
That's more talent than on the entire Goofer roster.

You must not have followed Junior Nationals, my Feline friend.

Early 1st FS
Stroker 1st FS
Streifel 2nd FS
Brancale 1st GR
McKee 1st GR, 2nd FS

Minny is reloading to end your mini-reign.

You must not have followed Junior Nationals, my Feline friend.

Early 1st FS
Stroker 1st FS
Streifel 2nd FS
Brancale 1st GR
McKee 1st GR, 2nd FS

Minny is reloading to end your mini-reign.
You must not have followed Junior Nationals, my Goofer friend. I saw a tournament with only 2 wrestlers likely being targeted by PSU before 2018, and very few higher-end PA wrestlers.

Fargo this year was more like the Junior Varsity. Congratulations on winning it.

Reactions: papride1

You got it all wrong... Mikey. I won bets with IOWA posters and I didn't make them pay UP. YOU always choose the wrong answer when you have a 50/50 chance of getting it right. Why is that?? Beer which I don't drink... and payoffs. I'm a reasonable guy.

I've NEVER lost a wrestling bet. NEVER. Josey Wales even manned up when I sent him a Penn State wrestling shirt and took a picture which was widely distributed here and BLOWN UP by me and PLASTERED every where... of himself and TERRY BRANDS... Josey wearing the tee shirt with his arm around Terry's shoulder. Classic and Josey didn't whine as you're doing.

NOW... if you want to DISPLAY a little bit of class like Josey and put all differences aside... I'll put up four figures that Penn State doesn't lose to the Mini Ponies this year. And I want a picture of Chance in a Penn State wrestling tee shirt, while holding up the number #1 on his index finger while riding you like a mini pony. ex... Down below... (you would be the mini pony or an mini ass would do, also) :eek: I took a picture so you couldn't f--- it up.

tumblr_nn12pbqfaC1qf2xtco1_1280.jpg

It's NOT about respect. You're NOT making a valid argument here. The greatest thing you could do is TAKE MY MONEY... after proclaiming your Cowboy's as the frontrunner and the odds on favorite to win the trophy. Now... if you hate me... and you don't want to take my money... that makes you stupid. Now, that's something we already realized... but we hoped you had fallen off the wagon or horse a lot less times... but I can't control your rational.

If you weasel out or run from a bet... I'll remind you to kingdom come. You can be the laughing stock your predictions will become.

Nice - I'm a gambling man. Let's revisit closer to the season. I think we've got the top 2 teams, so it's a fair bet.
Will do, I agree on them being the top 2 teams
You got it all wrong... Mikey. I won bets with IOWA posters and I didn't make them pay UP. YOU always choose the wrong answer when you have a 50/50 chance of getting it right. Why is that?? Beer which I don't drink... and payoffs. I'm a reasonable guy.

I've NEVER lost a wrestling bet. NEVER. Josey Wales even manned up when I sent him a Penn State wrestling shirt and took a picture which was widely distributed here and BLOWN UP by me and PLASTERED every where... of himself and TERRY BRANDS... Josey wearing the tee shirt with his arm around Terry's shoulder. Classic and Josey didn't whine as you're doing.

NOW... if you want to DISPLAY a little bit of class like Josey and put all differences aside... I'll put up four figures that Penn State doesn't lose to the Mini Ponies this year. And I want a picture of Chance in a Penn State wrestling tee shirt, while holding up the number #1 on his index finger while riding you like a mini pony. ex... Down below... (you would be the mini pony or an mini ass would do, also) :eek: I took a picture so you couldn't f--- it up.

tumblr_nn12pbqfaC1qf2xtco1_1280.jpg
This is the reason I won't bet with you, you lost a bet with me on this board for Nationals two years ago. The bet was weight 157/165/174 (OSU/PSU) what school would place higher at these weights. You even had Taylor at 165. Well you lost and still don't own up to it! This bet was done on this board in front of all of Pa. A loser will always be a loser. I can't find a picture big enough of a horses ass that would depict you!

I would think someone on the board would step up and tell blowhard he lost this bet to me and stop saying he never lost a wrestling bet. Somebody on this board got to have some balls?

I would think someone on the board would step up and tell blowhard he lost this bet to me and stop saying he never lost a wrestling bet. Somebody on this board got to have some balls?
Oh, come on Mike, quit whining. At least he didn't challenge you to do the impossible -- like get a picture of Pico and Hall inside the Stilly High admissions office.

Reactions: papride1
Will do, I agree on them being the top 2 teams

This is the reason I won't bet with you, you lost a bet with me on this board for Nationals two years ago. The bet was weight 157/165/174 (OSU/PSU) what school would place higher at these weights. You even had Taylor at 165. Well you lost and still don't own up to it! This bet was done on this board in front of all of Pa. A loser will always be a loser. I can't find a picture big enough of a horses ass that would depict you!

Here you go:

images

Reactions: amalone

Most if NOT ALL on this board would call you the blow hard. Just take the bet. I'm announcing to all here and I'll send you a legal document professing my responsibility to pay you if I lose and it will be signed.

You ask your mom, your legal guardian, your power of attorney how much you have left... and I'll bet that. Okay. Don't be a weasel. I'm taking the bet in July. The season isn't remotely here. Take your bravado and place it on the table... or shut the h--- up about your one trick ponies... stall festing... nobodies. Glad Zach Bietz proved he was the better Pennsylvanian when he cradled up Josh Kindig and showed him the lights at "home".

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT