ADVERTISEMENT

Scott says Superior court denied PSU & Pepper Hamiltons appeal

Be prepared for possible further appeal of the denial and barring a reversal, likely future requests by the defense to have the court limit the materials turned over to just what is relevant to the estate's lawsuit. What is deemed relevant material will undoubtedly be litigated which will further frustrate plaintiff' by adding even more time and costs to their litigatory efforts. In the end, defendants will ask for and likely be granted a protective order which will seal the information from the public domain.

I totally agree with you that this will be the tact. They are buying time because they, apparently, know its their only hope. We'll see if the courts let them get away with it.....seems to me that the tide may have turned politically.

Reactions: Hotshoe
Be prepared for possible further appeal of the denial and barring a reversal, likely future requests by the defense to have the court limit the materials turned over to just what is relevant to the estate's lawsuit. What is deemed relevant material will undoubtedly be litigated which will further frustrate plaintiff' by adding even more time and costs to their litigatory efforts. In the end, defendants will ask for and likely be granted a protective order which will seal the information from the public domain.
What a JO

If Freeh's team hands over all the documents requested and they fail to show any evidence that supports Freeh's "reasonable conclusions" about Paterno and the football team, then it plays right into the Paterno Estate's case. They don't have to show evidence of collusion between Freeh/PSU/NCAA to show that commercial disparagement occurred (though it would also support the Paterno case)
I think the best part of this is that Pepper Hamilton has already distanced themselves from Freeh. How far will they go to protect his interests in this?

I'll conduct another poll (that's an advantage of working for a market research company) and post my results. :)

MOAR POLLZ!
tumblr_neyenvkonZ1qmynffo1_500.gif

Reactions: step.eng69
Freeh has done things like that in the past, simply ignore the judge's order. He's likely to release only the stuff that appeared in the report and claim that that is all he has but that tack will backfire on him big time in this case. Sollers and Kelly know his M.O and will be prepared for Freeh's and PH's nonsense.

Not unless Sollers does, in fact, have someone from the Freeh team willing to testify on behalf of his clients. If someone who worked on this case has flipped and has said Document X exists, and somehow Freeh can't produce it...

Ive been saying it for 4 years...this is and always will be about $$$$ flowing thru the 2M into prominent pockets....noone has been able to prove me wrong yet. I would love to know what Blehar thinks about all this. Hope he is on the Yellowstone catching some cutthroats and has a big grin on his face...

Not unless Sollers does, in fact, have someone from the Freeh team willing to testify on behalf of his clients. If someone who worked on this case has flipped and has said Document X exists, and somehow Freeh can't produce it...
That was the rumor a long time ago but who knows if it's true? It would certainly be awesome if Freeh produced what he claimed was all the relevant documents and the person who flipped could verify that Freeh was withholding certain things. We'll see.

Reactions: masterbaker65
Only those who are content to share a brain with the MSM and The Ship of Fools fell for the evidence tainting JVP was "secure in Philadelphia, protected by attorney client privilege."
Wick Sollers and the Paterno's know exactly what they are looking for. The Fools similarly know exactly what it is they are desperate to keep hidden. There is no other logical explanation for the squandered millions of PSU dollars.

JMO but I think the Paterno's either know whats in there or have a really good Idea.
They would not be going through all this if there was something in the report that was even more damaging to Joe or proved that
he did know more than he said.
And the Bots wouldn't be going through all they are to keep it sealed.
Yea there something in those reports and it will be really interesting to finally see what it is.
You know that the Paternos have been able to contact and review what was said in many of the Freeh interviews, and will be able to compare and contrast to what they see in the report. If I was interviewed by Freeh, I would certainly be giving the Paternos my recollection of the interview. Of course they would not have access to Vickeys, Karens, Surmas, or Fraziers multiple interviews with Freeh, but I'm guessing/hoping that many of the others documented what was asked of them right after the meeting (even though they were not allowed to record the actual interview or have representation present). If any of the notes/report are not supplied when the Paternos ask, they could easily drop the other shoe asking why X wasn't. Not supplying info that the judge requires is not a good thing to do. I'm certain the Paternos have quite a bit of info that is in the report already.

You know that the Paternos have been able to contact and review what was said in many of the Freeh interviews, and will be able to compare and contrast to what they see in the report. If I was interviewed by Freeh, I would certainly be giving the Paternos my recollection of the interview. Of course they would not have access to Vickeys, Karens, Surmas, or Fraziers multiple interviews with Freeh, but I'm guessing/hoping that many of the others documented what was asked of them right after the meeting (even though they were not allowed to record the actual interview or have representation present). If any of the notes/report are not supplied when the Paternos ask, they could easily drop the other shoe asking why X wasn't. Not supplying info that the judge requires is not a good thing to do. I'm certain the Paternos have quite a bit of info that is in the report already.
could not agree more.

Reactions: jjsocrates
Be prepared for possible further appeal of the denial and barring a reversal, likely future requests by the defense to have the court limit the materials turned over to just what is relevant to the estate's lawsuit. What is deemed relevant material will undoubtedly will result in further protracted litigation which will further frustrate plaintiff' by adding even more time and costs to their litigatory efforts. In the end, defendants will ask for and likely be granted a protective order which will seal the information from the public domain.
Hey cruising, my best friend was out that way and played at Jasna for 5 days. Saw many photos, awesome

Be prepared for possible further appeal of the denial and barring a reversal, likely future requests by the defense to have the court limit the materials turned over to just what is relevant to the estate's lawsuit. What is deemed relevant material will undoubtedly will result in further protracted litigation which will further frustrate plaintiff' by adding even more time and costs to their litigatory efforts. In the end, defendants will ask for and likely be granted a protective order which will seal the information from the public domain.
As one BOT sock puppet to another, I must disagree. First, the attorney/client privilege argument's always been a loser. How can an "independent investigator" also be your attorney? Aren't they mutually exclusive? And I think the Paterno Estate will get everything since it's all relevant. The theory is that Freeh shaped his report to reach a predetermined end by picking and choosing what when in. Obviously, it would all be relevant in order to see what went into the report and what didn't..

My hope is that some news organization files suit to get the documents.

It'll be interesting to see which side the Paterno Estate takes in that case.

As one BOT sock puppet to another, I must disagree. First, the attorney/client privilege argument's always been a loser. How can an "independent investigator" also be your attorney? Aren't they mutually exclusive? And I think the Paterno Estate will get everything since it's all relevant. The theory is that Freeh shaped his report to reach a predetermined end by picking and choosing what when in. Obviously, it would all be relevant in order to see what went into the report and what didn't..

My hope is that some news organization files suit to get the documents.

It'll be interesting to see which side the Paterno Estate takes in that case.

Nice post, CDW and well stated. Exactly correct, with no "smoking gun", the reader is left to sort out the circumstantial evidence. Unless you have all of it, with the context, the Freeh opinion is worthless. In addition, as you say, an "independent investigator" by very definition, is not your attorney. But the BOT will use every possible avenue to stall and delay. When you are going to be executed, you'd always opt for tomorrow as opposed to today. But politically, I believe these judges (and their parties) saw the results of the gubernatorial election and the Supreme Court elections and know how the wind is blowing in PA. The question now is, do you slit your own wrist or those of your "buddies?"

Freeh is now "on the clock" and it won't be long now. His appeals will go nowhere.

Some will claim to the bitter end that there is material to embarrass JVP and family. If it existed the Fools would have found a way to broadcast it long ago. Freeh gave it all he had....which was nothing.

Wait...you mean the BOT is protecting Paterno by making everyone assume he was an enabler instead of releasing the information that would have proven it? Its like saying "I shot my dog so that he wouldn't, some day, get run over by a car."

Some will claim to the bitter end that there is material to embarrass JVP and family. If it existed the Fools would have found a way to broadcast it long ago. Freeh gave it all he had....which was nothing.

So simple and obvious.

Reactions: Ski
The Fools were blinded by Freeh's resume and the Guard All Shield provided at the time by Tommy Boy. They never imagined that anyone would have the temerity to actually read, analyze and question The former FBI prevaricator. Keeping their motivations for the vendetta and protecting TSM are the only conspiracy in this sorry saga.

The Fools were blinded by Freeh's resume and the Guard All Shield provided at the time by Tommy Boy. They never imagined that anyone would have the temerity to actually read, analyze and question The former FBI prevaricator. Keeping their motivations for the vendetta and protecting TSM are the only conspiracy in this sorry saga.

Not blinded by his resume....they knew what they were doing, and the knew that hiring Freeh, with his background, would appear to give them some semblance of credibility.

Not blinded by his resume....they knew what they were doing, and the knew that hiring Freeh, with his background, would appear to give them some semblance of credibility.
agree I didn't make that clear.

I agree with some of the sentiments leading this way, there are some in the axis of evil close to turning on their partners in this case, literally, crime. It is a matter of time. There are some with less skin in this that can come out relatively clean by sounding the alarm. This is what is now going on behind closed doors. Who do you trust when the first to out others may get a deal and some of their reputation repaired?

I agree with some of the sentiments leading this way, there are some in the axis of evil close to turning on their partners in this case, literally, crime. It is a matter of time. There are some with less skin in this that can come out relatively clean by sounding the alarm. This is what is now going on behind closed doors. Who do you trust when the first to out others may get a deal and some of their reputation repaired?

This is like when a top notch recruit is going to announce....this board will be on "Monkey on Crack" alert.

Reactions: cobritra
SITF conspirators are meeting in a bunker as we speak. I predict an epidemic of "Commonwealth Dementia." All the swagger of the 11/11 Misanthropes is oozing into their depends. Of course no document exists which states frame JVP. What will be revealed is that no interviews damning JVP or the football program exist except those recorded by the Misanthropes, and The Woman who stood up to Paterno.
Fears of defection may have had something to do with Lubert returning and his recent election?

More likely, the fear of defecation had something to do with Lubert returning and his recent election. There won't be enough Imodium available in State College for our "friends" on the BoT the day the Paterno's attorneys get ahold of the Freeh materials.

Not sure about this. The old guard BOT have all been drinking from the same koolaid vat most of their lives. It is possible that they believed that Freeh was very credible. Not a stretch really, given that so many people of all stripes STILL go with the Freeh Report.

Heck, even many posters here thought there was a shot at getting to the truth when Freeh was hired.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT