ADVERTISEMENT

Scott says Superior court denied PSU & Pepper Hamiltons appeal

I'm sure there will be motions from the bad guys which will drag this out indeterminately. And then after that even more. And more. :mad:

47889942.jpg

I hope...

looks like it is true....Scott says now that they have won the appeal the NCAA is going to intensify its effort to bully PSU and the paterno team. He also said this will give them access to the Freeh Docs.
That's one of the things which makes this situation so bizarre. If the NCAA ratchets up its bullying efforts against PSU and the Paterno team it means they'd be bullying a co-defendant (PSU). Yet PSU still bends over backward to kiss the ass of the NCAA. It's just weird.

That's one of the things which makes this situation so bizarre. If the NCAA ratchets up its bullying efforts against PSU and the Paterno team it means they'd be bullying a co-defendant (PSU). Yet PSU still bends over backward to kiss the ass of the NCAA. It's just weird.

PSU, right now, = the old line BOT. They may well be complicit with the NCAA (or the NCAA may be complicit with the BOT).

Hey jimmy.... So what is a next in your opinion? Appreciate your thoughts as always.

Wonder if Cruise 66 will show up today. This should also be great news for alumni BOT and Spanier suit against Freeh. Will PSU now drop opposition to alumni BOT? Considering others have been granted access to these files (Sandusky victims), it shouldn't too much of a surprise, but will hopefully reveal what is behind the curtail. Good news for some seeking the truth.

The Legacy Trustees have reason to keep the lid on the Freeh Documents. Since the Freeh Report was the basis for unprecedented sanctions, it follows that those who served on the SITF knew that Freeh found nothing to implicate Joe or indict the FB Program.....much to the chagrin of those who executed the vendetta......... The consent decree had to be an evil hand shake deal between two groups who wanted to use the Sandusky matter to further their own respective positions. Enter C.R...66?

Does this basically mean that attorney/client privilege does not apply to the Freeh Docs? I didn't read the legal jargon but just wanted short answer - does this give the Paterno team unfettered access to the Freeh engagement letter, interviews, etc.

Does this basically mean that attorney/client privilege does not apply to the Freeh Docs? I didn't read the legal jargon but just wanted short answer - does this give the Paterno team unfettered access to the Freeh engagement letter, interviews, etc.
The actual court rulings are not online, from what I can tell. However, my understanding is that the Freeh docs must be turned over. At least the ones Wick and company decide are relevant to their needs (probably using keyword strings).

Sucks to be old-time BoT right about now.

Wonder if Cruise 66 will show up today. This should also be great news for alumni BOT and Spanier suit against Freeh. Will PSU now drop opposition to alumni BOT? Considering others have been granted access to these files (Sandusky victims), it shouldn't too much of a surprise, but will hopefully reveal what is behind the curtail. Good news for some seeking the truth.
I don't think anyone outside of Freeh has seen these files. IIRC PSU settled with the victims before they had to turn the files over to them, and thus that was the emergency meeting of the BOT. I think I have this right.

Reactions: jjsocrates
Can't the NCAA appeal again?
I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think the NCAA can appeal since Freeh was hired by co-defendant PSU. The Freeh work was on behalf of PSU and the fact there may have been collaboration between Freeh and the NCAA wouldn't matter. Obviously the Freeh documents would likely show the depth of the collaboration but as far as we know the documents are strictly between PSU and Freeh.

As I wrote, I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think the NCAA can appeal since Freeh was hired by co-defendant PSU. The Freeh work was on behalf of PSU and the fact there may have been collaboration between Freeh and the NCAA wouldn't matter. Obviously the Freeh documents would likely show the depth of the collaboration but as far as we know the documents are strictly between PSU and Freeh.

As I wrote, I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

The emails that we've seen have already shown some level of collaboration b/w Freeh and the NCAA with the NCAA shooting directives as to what to look for to prove LOIC. It kind of makes you wonder at how nefarious what's in the docs we haven't seen.

ADVERTISEMENT