ADVERTISEMENT

Scott says Superior court denied PSU & Pepper Hamiltons appeal

The actual court rulings are not online, from what I can tell. However, my understanding is that the Freeh docs must be turned over. At least the ones Wick and company decide are relevant to their needs (probably using keyword strings).

Sucks to be old-time BoT right about now.

Can they appeal this to a higher court?
Edit. thanks you already answered in another post. I should have read the entire thread before I asked.
Its one of the things that annoys me with this new board format.

The Supreme Court? Someone posted that on the premium board
There may be some reason I am not thinking of, but, otherwise, a ruling by the PA Superior Court (which is an intermediate level appellate court) can be appealed to the PA Supreme Court. However, the PA Supreme Court can (and often does) decline to hear the appeal.

Just my understanding, but since the stay was denied, even if the decision can be appealed, the documents have to be turned over. Is this correct?

That's one of the things which makes this situation so bizarre. If the NCAA ratchets up its bullying efforts against PSU and the Paterno team it means they'd be bullying a co-defendant (PSU). Yet PSU still bends over backward to kiss the ass of the NCAA. It's just weird.

It's because the corrupt cabal at PSU conspired with the NCAA in regards to their "False Narrative"....which was a "foil" being used to hide something. That is why it appears so "weird", both the corrupt cabal at PSU and the NCAA are desperately trying to keep something hidden.....couldn't be the "False Narrative" cover-up and "foil" that the corrupt cabal and NCAA (and corrupt big turd conference) used to hide something and steal money from Pennsylvania Taxpayers, could it?

The Legacy Trustees have reason to keep the lid on the Freeh Documents. Since the Freeh Report was the basis for unprecedented sanctions, it follows that those who served on the SITF knew that Freeh found nothing to implicate Joe or indict the FB Program.....much to the chagrin of those who executed the vendetta......... The consent decree had to be an evil hand shake deal between two groups who wanted to use the Sandusky matter to further their own respective positions. Enter C.R...66?

Don't forget about the corrupt big turd conference which also conspired with Freeh (e.g., corrupt PSU BOT Members) and the NCAA to screw PSU - not only that but they still owe PSU money from past bowl seasons which the big turd withheld without justification.

will be interesting to see if they try to settle with the paterno's. I dont think the paternos will ever take a deal but wish we knew what the old BOT and NCAA are thinking right now

will be interesting to see if they try to settle with the paterno's. I dont think the paternos will ever take a deal but wish we knew what the old BOT and NCAA are thinking right now
That has been the pattern. As soon as anyone has gained access, a settlement is reached. If it was anyone else that might happen.

Is it possible that Freeh could only release a portion of the documents? I would imagine that would put him in contempt of court, but somehow I get the impression that he thinks he is above all of that.

And yes - where are the paint lickers? Michnittlion, CDW, Cursin' at Route 66...come out come out wherever you are.

I doubt the paper exists that says "Blame football. Do NOT put any blame whatsoever on the board of trustees." That thing would be shredded instantly. What's to stop them from handing over 3.5 "million" documents that are crap and just shredding the 100 that are damning to them? I guess that would at least show that freeh made up everything.

Reactions: jim cummings
Is it possible that Freeh could only release a portion of the documents? I would imagine that would put him in contempt of court, but somehow I get the impression that he thinks he is above all of that.

And yes - where are the paint lickers? Michnittlion, CDW, Cursin' at Route 66...come out come out wherever you are.

Freeh has done things like that in the past, simply ignore the judge's order. He's likely to release only the stuff that appeared in the report and claim that that is all he has but that tack will backfire on him big time in this case. Sollers and Kelly know his M.O and will be prepared for Freeh's and PH's nonsense.

Any orders to frame Joe won't be in these papers, but rather, will be in emails somewhere that may or may not ever get discovered.

However, these will show the truth behind the "interviews", and will show that there was no basis for the conclusions reached.

Reactions: jjsocrates
Be prepared for possible further appeal of the denial and barring a reversal, likely future requests by the defense to have the court limit the materials turned over to just what is relevant to the estate's lawsuit. What is deemed relevant material will undoubtedly will result in further protracted litigation which will further frustrate plaintiff' by adding even more time and costs to their litigatory efforts. In the end, defendants will ask for and likely be granted a protective order which will seal the information from the public domain.

Last edited:
Yawn. You haven't been correct yet, asshole, so I am glad this is your prediction.

I shouldn't call you asshole, because now I've got all of the assholes in America mad at me for associating you with them, but it still seems to fit. You are nothing more than a festering human hemorrhoid.

I doubt the paper exists that says "Blame football. Do NOT put any blame whatsoever on the board of trustees." That thing would be shredded instantly. What's to stop them from handing over 3.5 "million" documents that are crap and just shredding the 100 that are damning to them? I guess that would at least show that freeh made up everything.

If Freeh's team hands over all the documents requested and they fail to show any evidence that supports Freeh's "reasonable conclusions" about Paterno and the football team, then it plays right into the Paterno Estate's case. They don't have to show evidence of collusion between Freeh/PSU/NCAA to show that commercial disparagement occurred (though it would also support the Paterno case)

The emails that we've seen have already shown some level of collaboration b/w Freeh and the NCAA with the NCAA shooting directives as to what to look for to prove LOIC. It kind of makes you wonder at how nefarious what's in the docs we haven't seen.
Might have to add The Big Ten to this. And if so, we gotta bid them farewell. And without any financial penalty.

Where's Lanny Davis when you need him?

He's spinning elsewhere these days.
Lanny was in PA trying to get Kathleen Kane's tit out of the wringer....

funny-adult-comments-51.jpg

Yawn. You haven't been correct yet, asshole, so I am glad this is your prediction.

I shouldn't call you asshole, because now I've got all of the assholes in America mad at me for associating you with them, but it still seems to fit. You are nothing more than a festering human hemorrhoid.

There is nothing even remotely 'human' about CR66; he is a festering boil on the underside of slithering snake!

Might have to add The Big Ten to this. And if so, we gotta bid them farewell. And without any financial penalty.

Yeah, that is not going to happen. I would actually prefer to stay, and let our "culture" continue to rub Delaney's nose into the ground.

In a weird way, if this goes as I hope it does, with the program sticking it to Emmert, the NCAA, the Big Ten and Delaney - we will have accomplished the kind of anti establishment stance that "da U", Oklahoma, the SEC and SMU never could. Stodgy and conservative ol' Penn State.

And we will do it the right way.

I'm here. I actually have to work a little bit today, given I'm getting ready to go on vacation (Colorado & Utah) for the 21st through the 28th. I hop on a plane tonight.

(implicit message from above: expect no responses from me on BWI for the next 8 days!)

If there is proof in these papers that the BoT and Freeh acted together to frame Joe Paterno --- we'll see it. If there's not --- we'll see that there's not.

No excuses afterwards if/when that proof does not come out.

Similarly, no excuses on my end either if/when that proof does come out.

Careful. Jim will threaten to sue you and/or challenge you to a duel on the Old Main lawn. No worries though, as he won't follow through on either. He wants to continue to distance himself from his own identity. I would too if I were him.

Be prepared for possible further appeal of the denial and barring a reversal, likely future requests by the defense to have the court limit the materials turned over to just what is relevant to the estate's lawsuit. What is deemed relevant material will undoubtedly be litigated which will further frustrate plaintiff' by adding even more time and costs to their litigatory efforts. In the end, defendants will ask for and likely be granted a protective order which will seal the information from the public domain.

No way the supreme court takes this interlocutory appeal of a discovery issue.

Those subsequent attempts to limit the scope of the requests are going to go over like a lead balloon, given the fact that the courts have already adjudicated the discovery requests.

Didn't Bill Cosby have a protective order, too?

Reactions: Hotshoe and Ski
I'm here. I actually have to work a little bit today, given I'm getting ready to go on vacation (Colorado & Utah) for the 21st through the 28th. I hop on a plane tonight.

(implicit message from above: expect no responses from me on BWI for the next 8 days!)

If there is proof in these papers that the BoT and Freeh acted together to frame Joe Paterno --- we'll see it. If there's not --- we'll see that there's not.

Have a nice flight!

th

And what if there's only some proof?

Be prepared for possible further appeal of the denial and barring a reversal, likely future requests by the defense to have the court limit the materials turned over to just what is relevant to the estate's lawsuit. What is deemed relevant material will undoubtedly be litigated which will further frustrate plaintiff' by adding even more time and costs to their litigatory efforts. In the end, defendants will ask for and likely be granted a protective order which will seal the information from the public domain.

Why should the defendants worry about sealing the info from the public domain if everything was on the up and up? Why the need for secrecy?

SITF conspirators are meeting in a bunker as we speak. I predict an epidemic of "Commonwealth Dementia." All the swagger of the 11/11 Misanthropes is oozing into their depends. Of course no document exists which states frame JVP. What will be revealed is that no interviews damning JVP or the football program exist except those recorded by the Misanthropes, and The Woman who stood up to Paterno.
Fears of defection may have had something to do with Lubert returning and his recent election?

If Freeh's team hands over all the documents requested and they fail to show any evidence that supports Freeh's "reasonable conclusions" about Paterno and the football team, then it plays right into the Paterno Estate's case. They don't have to show evidence of collusion between Freeh/PSU/NCAA to show that commercial disparagement occurred (though it would also support the Paterno case)

JMO but I think the Paterno's either know whats in there or have a really good Idea.
They would not be going through all this if there was something in the report that was even more damaging to Joe or proved that
he did know more than he said.
And the Bots wouldn't be going through all they are to keep it sealed.
Yea there something in those reports and it will be really interesting to finally see what it is.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT