ADVERTISEMENT

Number of posters on other sites claiming that the defense is light years ahead of offense

I hope Iowa comes in ranked and actually has a pulse on offense. Their defense is always a test, but we should have a healthy QB and a running game this go around. I think our defense suffocates their offense and if we put some points up early, they start chasing plays and it gets ugly.

Illinois is the one I'm confused by many people's fear. Yes, they played Michigan good last year. They also got beat by Indiana. Unless they batted 1000 on portal guys, they don't have the depth to replace what they lost. Forget the '21 game. It's irrelevant to this one. If they are 2-0, they probably get ranked prior.

Both present Allar with similar styles of our 2 tougher opponents later in the schedule. Allar doesn't have to be an All American candidate out the gate, but he can't be sloppy very much either.

While everyone's weighing whether Allar should be benched or whether he's a 2025 1st rounder, the biggest question remaining last year is whether PSU has wide outs that can get separation against a team like Michigan. There's NFL starters that wouldve had trouble fitting it into those passing windows. Not to write WvU off but I agree that Illinois and Iowa are gonna be early challenges to see if it's an offense that gets stuck in the mud and struggles with explosive plays.

Reactions: lazydave841
While everyone's weighing whether Allar should be benched or whether he's a 2025 1st rounder, the biggest question remaining last year is whether PSU has wide outs that can get separation against a team like Michigan. There's NFL starters that wouldve had trouble fitting it into those passing windows. Not to write WvU off but I agree that Illinois and Iowa are gonna be early challenges to see if it's an offense that gets stuck in the mud and struggles with explosive plays.
Against UM I'm far more concerned with the defense stopping the run than anything else.

And your response is complete trash. Nowhere did I suggest that the team should lose nor "tank", and in fact I actually cited specific games which likely would have still been won, but by fewer than 3 scores. And winning any non-playoff game means absolutely nothing, so that argument is worthless.

As I stated earlier, Franklin forfeited the right to use the excuse that Allar is inexperienced because he chose to give Clifford way more snaps than necessary. He owed it to the team to balance the current season with the future, but he put Sean above Drew.
Every coach ever puts the experienced starter ahead of the backup unless they feel the backup gives them a better chance at winning. No coach goes into each game planning for next year….it just doesn’t happen. You can trash Franklin all you want, but every coach in the country would have done the same thing and that’s been proven every year for as long as football has been played.

Every coach ever puts the experienced starter ahead of the backup unless they feel the backup gives them a better chance at winning. No coach goes into each game planning for next year….it just doesn’t happen. You can trash Franklin all you want, but every coach in the country would have done the same thing and that’s been proven every year for as long as football has been played.
Kelly Bryant says hello.

Kelly Bryant says hello.

A guy who waited his turn, led the team to a playoff, then got benched the next year for a freshman who led them to the title?

Not sure I follow your logic based on the post you quoted.

Read a number of posts from people at the scrimmage and the universal opinion was that the defense was suffocating the offense......is that good news or bad news?

Allar was struggling to make quick decisions. Starting WRs Evans, KLS and Trey. Cephus 3rd team as of the scrimmage.

King starting at Mike.....along with Carter along with Jacobs.

DL was winning the battle at line of scrimmage......DBs were playing tight defense with no where to throw.

Pribula played about the same....some saying better than Allar, especially in terms of making quick decisions and choosing to run.

We knew that the defense would be good.......hoping that the defense beating on the offense makes the offense better. Against Michigan and tOSU you better be able to put 4 tds on the board or you are going to struggle to win....... This is all second hand information gleemed from other free sites........anyone have more info or can give another view point?
All I know for sure is Arkansas is absolutley stacked on offense and defense this year! Go Hogs!

What does Joe have to do with the number of snaps Allar didn't receive last year while burning his redshirt? If he struggles then that will speak volumes about the quality of the coaching.
Allar got what he earned.
What did playing experience do for Hack?
Stop making excuses for the 5 star wonder boy before he even starts a game. If he is so brilliant that he warranted more PT than he received...he'll be brilliant. Some of you sorry asked spectators wake up in the morning like sorry asked bitches.

Allar got what he earned.
What did playing experience do for Hack?
Stop making excuses for the 5 star wonder boy before he even starts a game. If he is so brilliant that he warranted more PT than he received...he'll be brilliant. Some of you sorry asked spectators wake up in the morning like sorry asked bitches.
You are the very definition of an internet wannabe tough guy. No doubt you've been punched square in the face multiple times in real life, and I would be absolitely shocked if anyone is still willing to put up with you.

Reactions: zubrus1
I think Franklin's primary motivation was to win as many games as possible after 4-5 and 7-6 seasons.

What do you think the motivation was?

What backup QB got as many snaps as Allar did last year with a healthy starter?
I always enjoy a mere spectator passing judgement on who should and should not play. We're surrounded by idiots. Penn State bounced back after 2 disappointing seasons to win 11 games and secure a top 10 finish. Allar could have started 8 games and only an idiot would fail to acknowledge that it would not guarantee that type of season in 2023.

You are the very definition of an internet wannabe tough guy. No doubt you've been punched square in the face multiple times in real life, and I would be absolitely shocked if anyone is still willing to put up with you.
You are nothing but a below average couch coach. Drinking your beer, pretending you actually have a clue what it takes to run D1 football team.
In other words, a fool.

Reactions: joeaubie21
A guy who waited his turn, led the team to a playoff, then got benched the next year for a freshman who led them to the title?

Not sure I follow your logic based on the post you quoted.
There is no logic when a spectator acts like he can run the show.

Kelly Bryant says hello.
You missed something very important in my post… I said, “unless they feel the backup gives them a better chance to win.” Dabo played Lawrence because he felt he gave them a better chance to win. Your example is not applicable in any way, shape or form.

Reactions: marshall23
Based on today, I don’t see either of these teams beating Michigan. Disappointed in the offense.

After we beat Michigan we had better be deadly srs about 1-0 vs Rutgers, they're southern Jerzey hillbilly chopping wood and een' playin with the Ghost of Gandolfini at their back at times this sheeshon.

Reactions: Obliviax
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT