ADVERTISEMENT

I gave Barron a fair bit of slack when he came here, even to some extent after the fraudulent

Once again, CDW comes in and pretends to be a lawyer.
Either that, or his is the most incompetent and most conflicted lawyer ever to pass the bar. My dog has a better understanding of the law than CDW does.....and I'm talking about the deceased one, not the current version.
I'm guessing you just barely got that posted when the McDonald's employees told you to get out and stop using the free WiFi if you're nopt going to buy anything.

Section 78 cmt. a (Restatement of Trusts) reads, in part,:

It follows from the nature of the trust relationship that the trustee stands in a fiduciary relationship with respect to the beneficiaries as to all matters within the scope of the trust relationship, that is, all matters involving the administration of the trust and its property. The duty of loyalty is, for trustees, particularly strict even by comparison to the standards of other fiduciary relationships.

- See more at: http://www.mitchell-attorneys.com/l...t-and-financial-matters/#sthash.K8WtuGFV.dpuf
So if you get caught making unauthorized withdrawals from your trust account, you're going to tell the judge, "But I only got a lenient fiduciary duty, not one of those strict ones."

So if you get caught making unauthorized withdrawals from your trust account, you're going to tell the judge, "But I only got a lenient fiduciary duty, not one of those strict ones."
NO, Jackass! I am a TRUSTEE of my trust account. Sheesh. Are you really this dumb?

Reactions: 1 and mbahses
You are acting like I am being intellectually dishonest. The truth of the matter is that 2011 was an outlier for gifts to the endowment. As you will notice from this graph, the last three years have been better than years outside of 2011.

3600462.PNG

Again, my point was perfectly valid and correct.

Help me out here with the your graph you present.
Reading the note..it says "The University now reports results for both endowed...and non-endowed funds as commingled assets..." The non-endowed funds....have been commingled with endowed funds to strategically fund the University's liability covering...benefits for...retirees."
I did not abridge the note for any reason except to keep the idea short. Please take the note in its full context.
So the questions are: when was the change made that is being referenced; and, have all years been restated to reflect the commingling; and, how much for each period is related to the non-endowed funds not previously commingled?
Without knowing this, it would seem to be hard to validate your statement that endowments are doing better than ever.

Last edited:
So 2011 doesn't count as either "better" or "ever?" I'm sure ol' Massa Barron is pleased that you have his back.
The last three years have been better than every year from 1999 to 2010. If you want to cling to 2011 (which was clearly an outlier), then you go ahead. I think reasonable people would look at the results and say that donations to the endowment have been stronger than they have ever been.

NO, Jackass! I am a TRUSTEE of my trust account. Sheesh. Are you really this dumb?
Actually you're not a trustee of your trust account or you would have duties to invest the funds, etc. You are no more a trustee than the apartment complex manager who holds your deposit.

Sheesh, are you really that dumb.

Actually you're not a trustee of your trust account or you would have duties to invest the funds, etc. You are no more a trustee than the apartment complex manager who holds your deposit.

Sheesh, are you really that dumb.
Sure, whatever you say. Sheesh.

This thread or should I say topic is like watching two soap operas at the same time. I'm loving it.

Reactions: mbahses
Sure do hope you like your weather HOT......because where you are going......it's going to be smoking hot
Hey, look. A pro-BOT guy with 6 posts. And yet another one with numbers after his name.

That is so weird how they stick with that.

The numbers after their 'names' are their employee ID numbers....that's so they can get paid by their masters!

The BOT didn't withhold the information from the proper authorities. I need to see WHY that happened before flatout saying that C/S/S (or maybe just Curley and Schultz) screwed us, but from what we know that very well could be the case. Everything post 11/5/11 is reactionary. The outrage by the public was immediate.

IF YOU didn't think that the 11/11 BOT hasn't withheld information from everyone, then you are the STUPIDEST IDIOT IN THIS ENTIRE WORLD! But you've already proven that many times with your earlier posts!

Reactions: WeR0206 and mbahses
IF YOU didn't think that the 11/11 BOT hasn't withheld information from everyone, then you are the STUPIDEST IDIOT IN THIS ENTIRE WORLD! But you've already proven that many times with your earlier posts!
If you don't understand what I am talking about with context, then I can't help you.

Here are some duties of a trustee under PA law. The first one is a standard trustee duty that no employee has. Employees do not have trustee powers, so they have no duty of care like a trustee does. Man you are pathetic, son. Not just a duty of loyalty, and a duty of care, but a whole bunch of other duties too.

Duty of Care

In administering a trust, a trustee can exercise all powers given by the terms of the trust and any powers necessary to accomplish the purposes of the trust that are not prohibited by the trust’s terms. See A.R.S. Section 14-10815(A); see also Restatement (Second) of Trusts Section 186 (trustee can “properly exercise such powers and only such powers as (a) are conferred upon him in specific words by the terms of the trust, or (b) are necessary or appropriate to carry out the purposes of the trust and are not forbidden by the terms of the trust.”); Restatement (Third) of Trusts Section 85 (2003). A.R.S. Section 14-10816 gives a non-exclusive list of specific powers of a trustee, including the power to acquire property, borrow money, mortgage trust property, loan trust property, enter into contracts and prosecute and/or defend actions on behalf of the trust. A trustee selected because of specialized skills has a duty to utilize such skills. A.R.S. Section 14-10806 (a “trustee who has special skills or expertise, or who is named trustee in reliance on the trustee’s representation that the trustee has special skills or expertise, shall use those special skills or expertise.”); Restatement (Third) of Trusts Section 77(3) (if a “trustee possesses, or procured appointment by purporting to possess, special facilities or greater skill than that of a person of ordinary prudence, the trustee has a duty to use such facilities or skill.”). Additionally, if a trustee wishes to delegate responsibilities to others who have specialized skills, the trustee must monitor the person delegated with such responsibilities. A.R.S. Section 14-10807(A).

Notable Other Duties
A trustee must enforce a claim of the trust and defend the trust from claims brought against it. - See more at: http://www.mitchell-attorneys.com/l...t-and-financial-matters/#sthash.K8WtuGFV.dpuf
Section 77 is routinely considered bogus.

Do not give up the fight. There is a very strong army of folks right now who are about to crack open the hidden secrets. Pepper Hamilton/Freeh just lost their request to hide from discovery. Barron is cracking. The alumni trustees have sued for and will win access to raw Freeh data. We are seeing the beginning of what we have been fighting for for so long. It's just getting started. We are in the fourth quarter on offense now. This team needs your support. Rally, don't fade.
I am right there with you ... I'm not giving up .... their true colors are showing as they are clawing to maintain" control" and secrecy... but you can tell by their posture and LACK of control and civility... they know their control is cracking and soon will be a chasm

I am right there with you ... I'm not giving up .... their true colors are showing as they are clawing to maintain" control" and secrecy... but you can tell by their posture and LACK of control and civility... they know their control is cracking and soon will be a chasm
WE the alumni must right the wrongs of the past and enter a new era of truth, transparency and fair representation in all aspects of Penn State governance... it is the only way to " move on"

I mean that is an iron clad source of what really happened. She has no reason to exaggerate or manipulate what happened. I have to agree with him. These people are ruining the university. All they care about is a dead guy.
Believe me , in no way did i exaggerate what happened... it was unprovoked and i kept walking ... it actually had me shaking that he(Barron) would even behave like that.... this is Penn State for gods sake.. the way he behaved belongs on Jerry Springer... I just kept walking away ... but not before I responded by telling him , I love Penn State.... it's the people running it I'm upset with...

In reality, the actions of the BoT have had little impact on what this University truly is. I feel for those of you who are not close to the University as I am because you see everything through the filter of the BoT. I don't. I still get to see the wonderful student body up close and personal. I get to see these amazing youngsters doing great things in the classroom, in the lab, in the community, and on the field of play. Despite the horrible mismanagement of the Sandusky crisis, those students are still having a tremendous PSU experience.

My son graduated yesterday. He has a deep and abiding love for this University despite attending during the most tumultuous times in its history. He will leave here knowing what Penn State truly is despite what you hate about the current leadership. What Penn State is, hasn't changed because of the BoT. What you, in your anger and disgust fail to see, is that the BoT hasn't changed what PSU is because they don't have the power to do so.

I have a suggestion for all of you that are losing faith, come back to the University and spend a day on campus this fall. It will help you see that, while it is different from what you experienced, it hasn't really changed. For your sake, I hope you you rediscover your love for Penn State. They win if you don't.

A wonderful post, and a great recommendation. My occasional visits rejuvenate my love for Penn State, because I can indeed ignore its administration for a day or two. Thank you.

PSU73

the acknowledgment came yesterday. $0.02 on it looks pretty funny, and the way it is worded does look like I am a sustaining life member. :)
Yes! By Jebus, this is the model. It is not the be all and end all, nor a panacea, and it will not fix our problems with either the BoT or the AA, but it is a nice new option on the Pain Machine we are delivering to them. Now we need hundreds of folks to do this.

Yes! By Jebus, this is the model. It is not the be all and end all, nor a panacea, and it will not fix our problems with either the BoT or the AA, but it is a nice new option on the Pain Machine we are delivering to them. Now we need hundreds of folks to do this.

Last edited:
They used to send me "Golden Lion Society" stuff all the time too, even though for about 15 years I sent them nothing but my NLC toke, which apparently counted to be considered a "golden lion." My understanding of that definition is it was somebody who contributed every year since graduation. I tore up my gold card awhile back but maybe I'll send them $0.03 just to put myself over on you other guys.

It sucks that we're talking like this but I didn't create this situation, all their "sick culture" accusations to the contrary. All I did was get a degree and had fun and liked the whole process and the competition in sports as a spectator/alum. I didn't know I was suborning child molestation until they told me.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT