ADVERTISEMENT

I gave Barron a fair bit of slack when he came here, even to some extent after the fraudulent

"civility" bullshit. But now I am convinced that fat bonehead has gotta go:

Laurie Anne Stanell
7 hrs ·

To President Barron, who verbally attacked me as I walked out of the Bot meeting saying" you people are ruining this university, you should be saying what's good about this institution"
I responded to him saying "I love this University, it's the people who are running who I am upset with" he actually yelled at me from down the hall behind me.
So much for civility.

The joker is YELLING at an alumna in the hall after a BOT meeting? On one level it makes me really mad that he is that disrespectful, but on another, it should be viewed as a sign that he is losing it. The pressure is working if the guy is raging on "you people." That is Ross Perot-level batshit crazy. Keep up the pressure! We need to send some letters to the editor of the CDT calling for him to apologize or get out, or both.
I mean that is an iron clad source of what really happened. She has no reason to exaggerate or manipulate what happened. I have to agree with him. These people are ruining the university. All they care about is a dead guy.

"civility" bullshit. But now I am convinced that fat bonehead has gotta go:

Laurie Anne Stanell
7 hrs ·

To President Barron, who verbally attacked me as I walked out of the Bot meeting saying" you people are ruining this university, you should be saying what's good about this institution"
I responded to him saying "I love this University, it's the people who are running who I am upset with" he actually yelled at me from down the hall behind me.
So much for civility.

The joker is YELLING at an alumna in the hall after a BOT meeting? On one level it makes me really mad that he is that disrespectful, but on another, it should be viewed as a sign that he is losing it. The pressure is working if the guy is raging on "you people." That is Ross Perot-level batshit crazy. Keep up the pressure! We need to send some letters to the editor of the CDT calling for him to apologize or get out, or both.

Good for Eric! It shows he has passion and is not afraid to state his views in a very vocal passionate way. Good for him for passionately calling out these close minded misanthropes and Debbie Downers who would find fault if God were running the university. What miserable, pathetic, naive, and thin skinned people they are for thinking they have a monopoly for criticizing or speaking in confrontational tones. The nerve!

My advice to these people is that if they want to constantly find fault and bash the administration, they should be prepared to accept the same in a manner the administration chooses. And if they're not happy with the way things are, I suggest they go find another school to support because things aren't changing anytime soon.

I mean that is an iron clad source of what really happened. She has no reason to exaggerate or manipulate what happened. I have to agree with him. These people are ruining the university. All they care about is a dead guy.
First of all, that dead guy is worth caring about. Second, not one alum I know that supports redeeming the name and legacy of Joe Paterno places it above the best interests of Penn State. The November, 2011 BOT, Erickson, and now Barron, have (by malice or incompetence) done their best to destroy this University. Thank God some people have fought back and tried to repair the damage.

My advice to these people is that if they want to constantly find fault and bash the administration, they should be prepared to accept the same in a manner the administration chooses. .

Or he could behave like an adult and be willing to sit down with concerned alums and hear them out. There would be no shortage of volunteers

First of all, that dead guy is worth caring about. Second, not one alum I know that supports redeeming the name and legacy of Joe Paterno places it above the best interests of Penn State. Ha! Perhaps you should revisit the campaign platforms of the currently sitting alumni elected trustees. Several had one plank, that being the dead guy and others had him at the top of their lists. The November, 2011 BOT, Erickson, and now Barron, have (by malice or incompetence) done their best to destroy this University. And here I thought it was Jerry and C/S/S. Silly me. Thank God some people have fought back and tried to repair the damage.

Or he could behave like an adult and be willing to sit down with concerned alums and hear them out. There would be no shortage of volunteers

That's not the Barron way. He either leaves during alumni speaking time at BoT meetings, (claiming to have an appointment but caught talking in the halls the whole time) or he lashes out like a petulant child upset that he isn't getting his way.

Barron apparently doesn't have the civility to sit down with concerned alumni.

Good for Eric! It shows he has passion and is not afraid to state his views in a very vocal passionate way. Good for him for passionately calling out these close minded misanthropes and Debbie Downers who would find fault if God were running the university. What miserable, pathetic, naive, and thin skinned people they are for thinking they have a monopoly for criticizing or speaking in confrontational tones. The nerve!

My advice to these people is that if they want to constantly find fault and bash the administration, they should be prepared to accept the same in a manner the administration chooses. And if they're not happy with the way things are, I suggest they go find another school to support because things aren't changing anytime soon.
Your boys are going down and the best part is you will vanish from our lives forever when they do. I know you haven't enough stones to hang in for every one of your predictions to be proved wrong. When it happens you will go where people are more likely to gullibly buy your foolishness. Rave on, chucklehead

Interesting that you invoked God when he absolutely does not approve of their lies and continually lying.

Reactions: demlion
First of all, that dead guy is worth caring about. Second, not one alum I know that supports redeeming the name and legacy of Joe Paterno places it above the best interests of Penn State. The November, 2011 BOT, Erickson, and now Barron, have (by malice or incompetence) done their best to destroy this University. Thank God some people have fought back and tried to repair the damage.

At first and until recently, my dominant motivation was righting the wrongs to Joe whom I still believe was one of the finest men of his generation. That is still very important to me however, over the last several months my thoughts on the matter have changed a little bit.

Now, it's more about not letting these corrupt a$$holes simply "get away" with scapegoating people which I believe they've been getting away with most of their lives. They are never challenged and they do as they please. At this point for me now, it's more about fundamental right versus wrong.

My love for Penn State is still deep and I feel as if she has been "taken hostage" by these corrupt scumbags and is screaming for us to help her. Melodramatic perhaps but that's how I see it.

For those of you who are near to walking away, I find that if I just take a couple days break from it all, I can recharge and refocus. When I take a break, my thoughts always return to Joe and how he didn't deserve what these pigs did and are still doing to him. It's not right plain and simple. It's not f-ing right.

I'll say it again, none of this is f-ing right. We have to keep trying.

At first and until recently, my dominant motivation was righting the wrongs to Joe whom I still believe was one of the finest men of his generation. That is still very important to me however, over the last several months my thoughts on the matter have changed a little bit.
Now, it's more about not letting these corrupt a$$holes simply "get away" with scapegoating people which I believe they've been getting away with most of their lives. They are never challenged and they do as they please. At this point for me now, it's more about fundamental right versus wrong.
My love for Penn State is still deep and I feel as if she has been "taken hostage" by these corrupt scumbags and is screaming for us to help her. Melodramatic perhaps but that's how I see it.
For those of you who are near to walking away, I find that if I just take a couple days break from it all, I can recharge and refocus. When I take a break, my thoughts always return to Joe and how he didn't deserve what these pigs did and are still doing to him. It's not right plain and simple. It's not f-ing right.
I'll say it again, none of this is f-ing right. We have to keep trying.
This may be the key to it....recharge and refocus. It's easy to get burned out when you've had to battle daily for over 3 years just to keep things from getting worse. I'm not even on the front lines like Lubrano and others, and yet the constant barrage of crap from Barron, Masser, and their cronies, wears you down.

This isn't about Paterno, it's always been about paying a hired gun to paint Penn State and by extension you and me (the alumni), the fans (the customer who chooses the follow the programs without having gone to school here), and the people who live here, with the scarlet letter. It's wrong, it's not in any way moral or dignified, and the people who comprise this so-called sick culture have never been given the truth, all the facts, an explanation, or a voice. So until that happens Penn State the institution is dead to me. All it wants is for me to shut up, stay in the dark, believe what they tell me, and write checks.

I can't make them tell me the truth or give me a voice, but I'll be dipped in spit if I'll ever support them. Constantly bringing up Paterno as the reason all the alumni are disgusted is a troll move and disingenuous.

At least he didn't imitate Kenny Frazier by saying, "People that look like you." :)

barron.jpg

Nobody was attacking Barron before he lashed out at the alumni Trustees, and then verbally abused two alumni in the bargain. Now he must be regarded as the enemy just like Masser, Frazier, and Eckel. He has just destroyed his own Presidency.

Those are but a small vocal minority. The needs of the many supersedes the needs of the few.
Cruising you have that exactly backward. I am an alumni retiree, living in SC, and I assure you the overwhelming sentiment of locals and alumni everywhere is in favor of reform and varying degrees of anger at the legacy BOT. Everything the BOT, Barron, and now the PSAA have recently done has been to actively disenfranchise many alumni. While PSU continues to attract great students, it is the strong affiliation of alumni that have made PSU special - and this is quickly disappearing. Whatever your views are on the 'scandal' et al, having the university leadership actively at war with its alumni is bad for PSU. The people here you dismiss as a disruptive minority are in fact a large majority who have bled Blue and White for years and passionately supported the university with their time and money. I am guessing you have never been that committed to PSU. And while I think you view on how leadership handled the 'scandal' is wrong headed, even you have to realize the disenfranchisement of alumni and local folks is really bad for the University. PSU's leadership better start listening before it goes to far.

They are speaking out. Old Main is not listening. No matter how many thousands of letters or emails they get, they have decided that the dissenters are just a "vocal minority."
I do think that's a lot of it. They have a big "Ignore Button", and it's on for most every alum except for a handful of sycophants.

Why do so few speak out?
They are - many are voting with there feet and/or wallet. Many actively send e-mails and letters. I believe over 40,000 alumni voted in the recent election. Many while angry have been loyal while hoping for the best. But every action of leadership drives more to shrug and walk away. Some will choose to stay engaged no matter what. But what the university is losing is immeasurable and may likely never be replaced. I am at a complete loss as to why the President and BOT sit idly by and almost seem to enjoy watching this unfold.

I am convinced the PSAA has really shot itself in the head with their recent actions. I know more than a few folks have tossed recent requests for contributions in the trash. And that is extraordinarily sad, stupid, predictable and preventable.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT