ADVERTISEMENT

Harbaugh done?

Valid points for sure.
It's going to be interesting to see what the Big Ten value most here. I'm guessing the networks want no action taken against Michigan as Michigan is one of the cash cows. Does the Big Ten care more about a story or maybe winning a title?
TV ratings not appreciable better for UM vs OSU or PSU. Not an issue.

But keep sticking up for Michigan. We know you aren't a Michigan troll (wink, wink)

Reactions: Sullivan
after saturday, this crowd of loons are all yours lando....emotional and stupid, pretty bad combo, lol

TV ratings not appreciable better for UM vs OSU or PSU. Not an issue.

But keep sticking up for Michigan. We know you aren't a Michigan troll (wink, wink)
But they're significantly better than Rutgers, Northwestern and Illinois and the rest of the Big Ten
Are you seriously arguing that Michigan isn't a cash cow for the networks?
Again, dealing with reality doesn't make me a Michigan fan
Couldn't care less about Michigan--I'm trying to have an intelligent discussion involving this and you're crying over how we were treated.

Reactions: bluehair666
But they're significantly better than Rutgers, Northwestern and Illinois and the rest of the Big Ten
Are you seriously arguing that Michigan isn't a cash cow for the networks?
Again, dealing with reality doesn't make me a Michigan fan
Couldn't care less about Michigan--I'm trying to have an intelligent discussion involving this and you're crying over how we were treated.
We are talking about this in the context of the post-season this year, correct? Rutgers isn't making the BTCCG or the CFP. That's basiscally down to UM, PSU and OSU (the west winner won't go to CFP).

The ratings for any of those three schools in the CCG and/or playoff would be similar if not identical.

Reactions: psu00 and Sullivan
We are talking about this in the context of the post-season this year, correct? Rutgers isn't making the BTCCG or the CFP. That's basiscally down to UM, PSU and OSU (the west winner won't go to CFP).

The ratings for any of those three schools in the CCG and/or playoff would be similar if not identical.
No we're talking about everything including TV ban, post-season ban, etc. They still want all 3 in the playoff and NY6. That's money being lost bumping Michigan. It has downstream impact on televised bowl games.

Just guessing this could be Michigan’s current POV:
— Top priority is to save this season. The school knows the program is probably toast for next year. Push hard for a delay until after the season is complete. With some luck, team could play for (and possibly win) a national championship before getting punished.
— Harbaugh departs after the season, likely for an NFL gig similar to the move made by Pete Carroll. Michigan sacrifices a few members of the coaching staff to ice the cake.
— Michigan then pleads for mercy from the NCAA, claiming all the bad actors are gone and any severe sanctions would only hurt innocent players and incoming coaches.
Yes, this is exactly Michigan's strategy and I think they will get away with it in terms of Harbaugh skating through.
They apparently can't tie it to Harbaugh so this is their glimmer of hope. I just wonder though if they have to fire or suspend both coordinators this season because they had to have known. Not sure how scUM could credibly push the narrative that this Stalions guy went rogue and solo and was operating in a a vaccum with no other coach knowing anything.

Stephen A and Shannon Sharpe say Michigan should be banned from this year's CFP.

If Harbaugh didn't know, it's only because he chose not to know.

It's just hard to get away from the fact that the major turn-around of Michigan's football fortunes coincided with the implementation of the low-level staffer's elaborate cheating project:

Stephen A and Shannon Sharpe say Michigan should be banned from this year's CFP.

It's just hard to get away from the fact that the major turn-around of Michigan's football fortunes coincided with the implementation of the low-level staffer's elaborate cheating project:

If this was Iowa or Nebraska or quite frankly PSU then the punishment would have already been implemented. But we are talking about the precious golden boy Harvard of the west, best state school in America yada yada so there is a different protocol for them. They are above everyone else. Their sh$$ don't stink.

If this was Iowa or Nebraska or quite frankly PSU then the punishment would have already been implemented. But we are talking about the precious golden boy Harvard of the west, best state school in America yada yada so there is a different protocol for them. They are above everyone else. Their sh$$ don't stink.
100% disagree--especially if it was us

If Michigan's "major turn around" was caused by Stalions (and not Covid in 2020), you would expect the Vegas lines involving Michigan to see major movement. Not the three points speculating whether Harbaugh would coach; the three TDs a Big Ten coach said having another team's signs was worth.

But do they have any incentive to do so?
That's what confuses me most. Same with CMU. Why would anyone cooperate? They gain nothing.

Sure. The Commissioner can call each of the coaches into his office. If any coach doesn’t come clean or lies, they will never coach in the college ranks again.

Given that Harbaugh has one foot out the door, there aren’t a lot of good reasons to put their career on the line.

If Michigan's "major turn around" was caused by Stalions (and not Covid in 2020), you would expect the Vegas lines involving Michigan to see major movement. Not the three points speculating whether Harbaugh would coach; the three TDs a Big Ten coach said having another team's signs was worth.

No you wouldn't dumbass - the extensive portfolio of information that scUM built on PSU's Offensive and Defensive Playbooks (among double-digit other opponents) via their massive, institutionalized cheating scheme doesn't just suddenly disappear because they suspend Hairball. That is just a ridiculous proposition, but fairly typical of you puke scUM fans. Let me get this straight - all of the scUM coaches and players just forget everything they've learned over the last several years about PSU's formations and plays because Hairball gets suspended? Got it.... LMAO.

Sure. The Commissioner can call each of the coaches into his office. If any coach doesn’t come clean or lies, they will never coach in the college ranks again.
What? Did you write this believing this to be true? Or is this your dream scenario of what should happen despite all kinds of legal issues?

Agreed.

Look, Michigan and the entire league were enthusiastically on board for the NCAA kangaroo court, egged on by a media lynch mob, that went well outside its proper jurisdiction to levy crippling sanctions against our football program for crimes that had nothing to do with the sport or the players or the coaches.

Fast-forward over a decade later, and one of the league's sacred cows has apparently committed major infractions that go directly to the integrity of the game and athletic competition. And hell yeah, I want to see them pay a high price...because they should.

Agreed.

Look, Michigan and the entire league were enthusiastically on board for the NCAA kangaroo court, egged on by a media lynch mob, that went well outside its proper jurisdiction to levy crippling sanctions against our football program for crimes that had nothing to do with the sport or the players or the coaches.

Fast-forward over a decade later, and one of the league's sacred cows has apparently committed major infractions that go directly to the integrity of the game and athletic competition. And hell yeah, I want to see them pay a high price...because they should.
I appreciate the honesty here...if most would admit it's primarily about what happened to us it would make more sense

Agreed.

So do Stephen A and Shannon Sharpe. It's obvious they hate those arrogant a## wipes.

Agreed.

And yet now they cry due process. The biggest mistake PSU made was joining the Big Ten. It has been a kangaroo organization geared toward Michigan and OSU. It will be interesting to see what happens when big boys like USC, Oregon, Washington and UCLA join. How many times will the big ten zebras employ the same phantom holds, time clock malfunctions, drunken spot walks, etc.? What will the okie dokie, awe shucks midwest media do with voting and press when USC spoils the love affair with "the game" or Oregon runs the table?

No you wouldn't dumbass - the extensive portfolio of information that scUM built on PSU's Offensive and Defensive Playbooks (among double-digit other opponents) via their massive, institutionalized cheating scheme doesn't just suddenly disappear because they suspend HairballHarbaugh. That is just a ridiculous proposition, but fairly typical of you puke scUM fans. Let me get this straight - all of the scUM coaches and players just forget everything they've learned over the last several years about PSU's formations and plays because HairballHarbaugh gets suspended? Got it.... LMAO.
I’m going to try to keep helping you with your writing because I actually think you make good points from time to time when not bashing refs.

See above for assistance.

And yet now they cry due process. The biggest mistake PSU made was joining the Big Ten. It has been a kangaroo organization geared toward Michigan and OSU. It will be interesting to see what happens when big boys like USC, Oregon, Washington and UCLA join. How many times will the big ten zebras employ the same phantom holds, time clock malfunctions, drunken spot walks, etc.? What will the okie dokie, awe shucks midwest media do with voting and press when USC spoils the love affair with "the game" or Oregon runs the table?
One could say the answer to your question lies within your post. Perhaps like the ancient Roman legionnaires the zebras will continue to defend “the game” against the Western barbarians at all costs.

Over under on years before wiretapping scandal...

Ryan Day's PI firm may be on retainer.

247 article:

"Disciplinary action could come for Michigan football coach Jim Harbaugh following the NCAA's investigation into sign-stealing, but the Big Ten may not be involved with doling out the punishment, The Wall Street Journal reports. According to the WSJ, a person close to the Big Ten has said "the conference will defer to the NCAA, which is conducting its own investigation" in terms of disciplinary action for Harbaugh or the Wolverines.

Per the report, such probes "often take months if not years.”

Michigan president Santa Ono wrote an email to the Big Ten last week, warning the league office that discipline against the Wolverines would violate conference rules. The Michigan Insider's Sam Webb reported over that "unprecedented punishment" from the Big Ten would likely result in legal action from Michigan, which may have been outlined in Ono's email to Big Ten commissioner Tony Petitti."

Last edited:
Yes, this is exactly Michigan's strategy and I think they will get away with it in terms of Harbaugh skating through.
They apparently can't tie it to Harbaugh so this is their glimmer of hope. I just wonder though if they have to fire or suspend both coordinators this season because they had to have known. Not sure how scUM could credibly push the narrative that this Stalions guy went rogue and solo and was operating in a a vaccum with no other coach knowing anything.
"operating in a vaccum"
I see what you did there. ;)

I do think if the Big Ten was taking action tomorrow the story would have already leaked.
Curious, to see what the Big Ten does tomorrow. If they do nothing they look week. If they make a move the next few months will be very interesting.

I think a suspension is more or less pointless.
My preference is for games to be forfeited and any/all chance for CCG or end of season invitational are eliminated.
There's no way they forfeit regular season games. Could you imagine the Networks reactions to losing Penn State/Michigan and Ohio State/Michigan.
It being want you want is fine as long as you know there's zero chance it happens.

There's no way they forfeit regular season games. Could you imagine the Networks reactions to losing Penn State/Michigan and Ohio State/Michigan.
It being want you want is fine as long as you know there's zero chance it happens.
Probably true and there are too many ramifications with the standings.

But a post-season ban is certainly warranted.

• Haha
Probably true and there are too many ramifications with the standings.

But a post-season ban is certainly warranted.
And I'm fine with that. I don't disagree at all.
I just don't think the Big Ten has the balls to do it and the NCAA won't act in time.
I really believe the Big Ten won't say anything until Monday and it will be essentially meaningless but I hope I'm wrong if for no other reason for the entertainment value alone of watching the war between Michigan and the Big Ten.

And I'm fine with that. I don't disagree at all.
I just don't think the Big Ten has the balls to do it and the NCAA won't act in time.
I really believe the Big Ten won't say anything until Monday and it will be essentially meaningless but I hope I'm wrong if for no other reason for the entertainment value alone of watching the war between Michigan and the Big Ten.
From what I've read this morning, Big Ten gave their decision to UM today and UM has until tomorrow to respond. I would expect we learn about the punishments tomorrow or Friday. But the way this was worded doesn't sound like "no punishment" is a thing.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT