ADVERTISEMENT

Harbaugh done?

From what I've read this morning, Big Ten gave their decision to UM today and UM has until tomorrow to respond. I would expect we learn about the punishments tomorrow or Friday. But the way this was worded doesn't sound like "no punishment" is a thing.
Where did you read that?
I don't even think it was confirmed Michigan responded yet as they had until the end of the day.
How was the Big Ten doing that before the initial response? Doesn't make sense
All for it if true but doesn't add up.

Right--that's not saying what you said
That's saying Michigan has to respond by the end of today to the initial request.
The Big Ten notice of potential discipline was just what action can be taken not their intent.
Once Michigan responds then the Big Ten will have meetings with and without Michigan. By tomorrow is almost impossible. They won't get a response until the end of the day--if Michigan doesn't request an extension which they can.

That's saying Michigan has to respond by the end of today to the initial request.
The Big Ten notice of potential discipline was just what action can be taken not their intent.
Once Michigan responds then the Big Ten will have meetings with and without Michigan. By tomorrow is almost impossible. They won't get a response until the end of the day--if Michigan doesn't request an extension which they can.
How do you know? Pettiti is probably not sitting around waiting for a response. If UM comes back with some bullSh%t, 'we will pay fine but not suspend Harbaugh' then Pettiti probably has the BT punishment ready. This is about UM doing the right thing, caught red-handed and already admitting to recruiting violations. Program is out of control. Pettiti knows this suspension notice has to concluded by BT before PSU game.

Disagree. We will know a lot more by COB tomorrow.

How do you know? Pettiti is probably not sitting around waiting for a response. If UM comes back with some bullSh%t, 'we will pay fine but not suspend Harbaugh' then Pettiti probably has the BT punishment ready. This is about UM doing the right thing, caught red-handed and already admitting to recruiting violations. Program is out of control. Pettiti knows this suspension notice has to concluded by BT before PSU game.
This isn't about Michigan doing the right thing though. This is way bigger than that
Maybe he does act right away but that seems highly unlikely.

If you are saying we won't know any more by COB than we know today, then yes, I will definitely accept those terms.
Does knowing more include "we're still reviewing"?
To clarify, you're not saying you think action is taken tomorrow?

This isn't about Michigan doing the right thing though. This is way bigger than that
Maybe he does act right away but that seems highly unlikely.
Money, their arrogance, their mediocrity for 20 years leading to sign stealing..they can taste it. It is not about ethics. They have been clear on that. Dirtiest, win-at-call costs program in CFB today, trying to appear apple-pie. Thinking they are ND now with national love, clamoring for their glory. BS..

devils-advocate-vanity.gif

Money, their arrogance, their mediocrity for 20 years leading to sign stealing..they can taste it. It is not about ethics. They have been clear on that. Dirtiest, win-at-call costs program in CFB today, trying to appear apple-pie. Thinking they are ND now with national love, clamoring for their glory. BS..

devils-advocate-vanity.gif
I'm not disputing really any of that (other programs might be as dirty and we just don't know yet) but I'm not sure that changes what I said. Basically we agree it's not about doing "what's right?"

There's no way they forfeit regular season games. Could you imagine the Networks reactions to losing Penn State/Michigan and Ohio State/Michigan.
It being want you want is fine as long as you know there's zero chance it happens.
Oh well, then fine Michigan and credit some of the money back to the networks to appease them. Or withhold a portion of UM's network money. Assuming all of this nonsense is true Michigan cheated to gain a clear competitive advantage in games, it's possibly the most egregious example of this ever happening other than player betting and point shaving incidents. This is worthy of a more severe punishment than just suspending a coach, a message needs to be sent to prevent this from happening again. Anything less and teams will view the punishment as light enough to just start cheating themselves since the results on the field and corresponding money for the program will justify the risk.

Reactions: The Spin Meister
Oh well, then fine Michigan and credit some of the money back to the networks to appease them. Or withhold a portion of UM's network money. Assuming all of this nonsense is true Michigan cheated to gain a clear competitive advantage in games, it's possibly the most egregious example of this ever happening other than player betting and point shaving incidents. This is worthy of a more severe punishment than just suspending a coach, a message needs to be sent to prevent this from happening again. Anything less and teams will view the punishment as light enough to just start cheating themselves since the results on the field and corresponding money for the program will justify the risk.
And all of that is fine
Do you think it will realistically happen or do you think the networks control the sport?
We also definitely don't want Michigan forfeiting Saturday. That's a huge loss of State College and Penn State.

And all of that is fine
Do you think it will realistically happen or do you think the networks control the sport?
We also definitely don't want Michigan forfeiting Saturday. That's a huge loss of State College and Penn State.
Too much money involved to forfeit any scheduled games. Hurts everyone involved.…the league, the schools, the merchants, the fans, the players……and most of all the networks.

And because of all of the required procedural issues nothing will be announced this week. And it appears the league has the right to suspend coaches for two games as they deem necessary. I expect an announced of something on Monday. Most likely a suspension of Hairball. Hopefully both coordinators. Then say there may be more penalties later if so determined as necessary.

I would think they are quietly hoping that they lose at least one game and drop out of playoff contention because the negative publicity about their participation in such would be really bad for the league. And the playoffs themselves.

And they could come back after the season is over and say they completed their investigation and suspend them from post season play. Possible but not likely. The real penalties will come in the winter.

But with this BS league and all the money involved don’t be surprised if they get nothing beyond a tisk, tisk.

Too much money involved to forfeit any scheduled games. Hurts everyone involved.…the league, the schools, the merchants, the fans, the players……and most of all the networks.

And because of all of the required procedural issues nothing will be announced this week. And it appears the league has the right to suspend coaches for two games as they deem necessary. I expect an announced of something on Monday. Most likely a suspension of Hairball. Hopefully both coordinators. Then say there may be more penalties later if so determined as necessary.

I would think they are quietly hoping that they lose at least one game and drop out of playoff contention because the negative publicity about their participation in such would be really bad for the league. And the playoffs themselves.

And they could come back after the season is over and say they completed their investigation and suspend them from post season play. Possible but not likely. The real penalties will come in the winter.

But with this BS league and all the money involved don’t be surprised if they get nothing beyond a tisk, tisk.
Okay based on this we're on the same page. Doesn't mean I like it but this is how I see things

And all of that is fine
No, in the end I don't think we'll see a punishment that fits the crime here. It's almost impossible that the Big 10, or more likely the NCAA, would go as far as vacating every win where UM was believed to have possession of illegally stolen signals, to suspend or even terminate all coaches involved, to put a show cause on said coaches, and to apply punitive forward looking punishments like fines and scholarship reductions, bowl bans, etc. The reality is that one could make a case that all of that is justified for something this serious, but that's my extreme example and I don't think that either the Big 10 or NCAA will go anywhere near that far.

No, in the end I don't think we'll see a punishment that fits the crime here. It's almost impossible that the Big 10, or more likely the NCAA, would go as far as vacating every win where UM was believed to have possession of illegally stolen signals, to suspend or even terminate all coaches involved, to put a show cause on said coaches, and to apply punitive forward looking punishments like fines and scholarship reductions, bowl bans, etc. The reality is that one could make a case that all of that is justified for something this serious, but that's my extreme example and I don't think that either the Big 10 or NCAA will go anywhere near that far.
Yeah this I agree with. It's not about what I think should happen but what is the most likely thing to happen. It will be disappointing to most i think but it's predictable

Reactions: bluehair666
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT