ADVERTISEMENT

Florida State QB De'Andre Johnson punches woman in face

Okay, so just to be clear here: She is aloud to have full right to stand at her spot at the bar, but he has no right to grab her wrist as she cocks a tight fist and pulls back? We can agree that she initiates contact with him at the 1:50 mark by throwing her left shoulder into him and knocking him back right? We can also agree that she is the first one to actually get into anything close to a threatening position right? And you are saying that he has her in a controlled position where she can't hurt him, but you're WRONG, she actually is able to squeeze a punch to his face even while he "controls" her. You are just going to blind face defend her aren't you? Because you are working under the premise that any man that hits a woman is 100% liable for all preceding arguments? Again, that is a fine position to take, but just call it what it is.
I think you need to watch more closely. I think he initiated the contact.

So johnson's attorney is claiming that johnson was provoked because the woman yelled racial epithets at him. If true, of course he would be angry, but that still does not justify his punching her. Per the espn link below, his attorney (Baez) said, "Appearing on NBC's "Today" show Tuesday, Baez said Johnson was not the initial aggressor, but is "owning this" and trying to learn from the experience." Baez also said, "It wasn't until she struck him twice that he reacted," Baez told NBC. "But he is very ... he is very regretful that he didn't turn around and walk away immediately."

johnson is obviously not going to be able to justify hitting her. At most, he will make her look bad as well, but he still screwed up. He now is a former fsu football player.

http://espn.go.com/college-football...was-provoked-woman-racial-remarks-lawyer-says

So johnson's attorney is claiming that johnson was provoked because the woman yelled racial epithets at him. If true, of course he would be angry, but that still does not justify his punching her. Per the espn link below, his attorney (Baez) said, "Appearing on NBC's "Today" show Tuesday, Baez said Johnson was not the initial aggressor, but is "owning this" and trying to learn from the experience." Baez also said, "It wasn't until she struck him twice that he reacted," Baez told NBC. "But he is very ... he is very regretful that he didn't turn around and walk away immediately."

johnson is obviously not going to be able to justify hitting her. At most, he will make her look bad as well, but he still screwed up. He now is a former fsu football player.

http://espn.go.com/college-football...was-provoked-woman-racial-remarks-lawyer-says

Was he also thrown out of school?
My guess is he will either get a shot next year at FSU or maybe a Div.ll school (yea I'm old). LOL.
My guess is it will be at FSU after Everett Golson graduates and call me a cynic but if Golson isn't there I'm not sure
he's kicked off the team.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/13215817/deandre-johnson-was-provoked-woman-racial-remarks-lawyer-says

Note the idea here--that there is a word, or a series of words, that a woman can say which entitles the man who punched her in the face to say he was "provoked," and thereby somehow less culpable for punching her in the face. So what "provoked" this situation is not when he tried to shove her out of the way as he squeezed past the other woman at the bar and tried to use his superior size and strength to muscle her out of the way, but her reaction to being muscled by this punk. Despite all that, Johnson's lawyer says he is "owning" this--utter horsesh!t. You own it by taking responsibility for what you did, and that is the last thing he is trying to do. Instead he is shoveling it onto her.

Taking what the lawyer said as 100% true, she ineffectually "struck him" twice and called him a name. That is not provocation for what he did, it is a convenient excuse for a guy who does not want to own it.

The lawyer also said he is volunteering at a battered women's shelter in Tallahassee. WTF? No battered women's shelter board with any sense whatsoever is going to permit this f'ing guy to even know its address. I cannot imagine they are letting him anywhere near their grounds while the clients are present.

[QUOTE=" The lawyer also said he is volunteering at a battered women's shelter in Tallahassee. WTF? No battered women's shelter board with any sense whatsoever is going to permit this f'ing guy to even know its address. I cannot imagine they are letting him anywhere near their grounds while the clients are present.[/QUOTE]

Yea I call BS on this too.

Reactions: ralpieE
[QUOTE=" The lawyer also said he is volunteering at a battered women's shelter in Tallahassee. WTF? No battered women's shelter board with any sense whatsoever is going to permit this f'ing guy to even know its address. I cannot imagine they are letting him anywhere near their grounds while the clients are present.

Yea I call BS on this too.[/QUOTE]

+1

Allegedly, she "shouted epithets" at him, hit him 2x, and kneed his nads.

Unless a woman is trying to kill you, you never touch one.

Yea I call BS on this too.

+1

Unless a woman is trying to kill you, you never touch one.[/QUOTE]
And you cannot say "I am owning this" or "I am taking responsibility," then talk about how she provoked you. "I'm sorry I hit you, but you provoked me" is not an apology. It is a blame shifting exercise.

Last edited:
Okay, so just to be clear here: She is aloud to have full right to stand at her spot at the bar, but he has no right to grab her wrist as she cocks a tight fist and pulls back? We can agree that she initiates contact with him at the 1:50 mark by throwing her left shoulder into him and knocking him back right? We can also agree that she is the first one to actually get into anything close to a threatening position right? And you are saying that he has her in a controlled position where she can't hurt him, but you're WRONG, she actually is able to squeeze a punch to his face even while he "controls" her. You are just going to blind face defend her aren't you? Because you are working under the premise that any man that hits a woman is 100% liable for all preceding arguments? Again, that is a fine position to take, but just call it what it is.
She is aloud....Pitt or FSU ?:confused:

+1

Unless a woman is trying to kill you, you never touch one.

And you cannot say "I am owning this" or "I am taking responsibility," then talk about how she provoked you. "I'm sorry I hit you, but you provoked me" is not an apology. It is a blame shifting exercise.

Yeah, I don't buy that for one second. What is the more likely scenario? She gets physical with him first and calls him racial slurs (unprovoked I guess, or because he cut in line?) or he takes exception to her trying to keep her space at the bar and overpowers her when she won't move? And then punches her in the face because she jabs at him (while she's firmly under his physical control no less)? That was a rhetorical question.

Seems like everyone was getting along pretty well until he showed up; no idea what he or she said, but common courtesy to wait your turn at the bar for a drink, or at least say 'excuse me'. Maybe he said that, but I doubt it.
Given that apparently he's underage, I guess he just doesn't know bar protocols. :)

You don't assault people period . In Pa. there's nothing that says you can't defend yourself if a woman attacks you.
But here's the issue, most self defense claims are BS and will be considered mutual assault.
And based on the damage you cause that will determine your charges and possibly civil damages .
It's best for people just to walk away.
A friend told me of one case he wrote about in a book, two men were arguing with the younger more aggressive guy pushing the confrontation until the older fellow agreed to go outside .
The older guy kicked the younger fellow , knocked him down, he hit his head , and died.
He was convicted on some serious charges and did jail time.
All for nonsense. When you throw a punch you are taking risks and those risks can end up in jail or put you in a hospital or worse .

You don't assault people period . In Pa. there's nothing that says you can't defend yourself if a woman attacks you.
But here's the issue, most self defense claims are BS and will be considered mutual assault.
And based on the damage you cause that will determine your charges and possibly civil damages .
It's best for people just to walk away.
A friend told me of one case he wrote about in a book, two men were arguing with the younger more aggressive guy pushing the confrontation until the older fellow agreed to go outside .
The older guy kicked the younger fellow , knocked him down, he hit his head , and died.
He was convicted on some serious charges and did jail time.
All for nonsense. When you throw a punch you are taking risks and those risks can end up in jail or put you in a hospital or worse .
But he was NOT defending himself.

I think you need to watch more closely. I think he initiated the contact.

There is absolutely no doubt he intiated contact and the alteration - how anyone can watch that video and claim this woman instigated anything is laughable (more llikely they are F$U fans and apologist willing to make any clear mischaracterization to defend their thug criminal mercenary heros). The extended video I linked yesterday very clearly shows the woman at the bar with her back to camera (camera is located on patron side of bar behind the woman). She is at the bar for some time when the video shows DJ, the clear perp, walk up behind her while she has her back to him (e.g., doesn't even see him & is defenseless) and he is still 1 row of people back from bar. The perp then proceeds to turn sideways so his right shoulder is closest to her and swings his right elbow down hard into the kidney area on the lower-left side of this woman's back while her back is to him & she is totally unaware he is even behind her and someone is getting ready to hit her hard in the back. After he drives his elbow into her back driving her forward-&-to-the-right into bar and slightly down the bar, he then uses the space he created by sliding sideways up to the bar while keep pressure on woman's back with his right arm - at the same time he grabs the bar rail with his left hand and pulls hiself forward into the spot. The woman struggles to turn herself to see who is doing this because he is maintaining pressure on her back with his right forearm. Finally she gets herself half-turned & that is when the verbal altercation starts and she starts trying to hit him to get him off of her, but that only makes him increase his forcefulness as he grabs her right wrist as soon as she makes a fist and he pulls her right side toward him to dercrease any leverage she has. She hits him with her left hand which is clearly her off hand so it is a very, very feeble strike. He the hits her with a full right cross while still holding her left arm & side in place.

He is clearly a liar if his lawyer is claiming the altercation was instigated by her calling him racial epitaphs because he walked up and elbowed this woman hard in the lower back while she had her back to him before they ever said boo to each other. Doesn't surprise me that he's a liar as that is a pretty common character trait of cowardly bullies like this common thug clearly is.

But these people who claim this woman initiated the episode and was the aggressor are lying as well in a clear attempt to defend the indefensible acts of this cowardly thug - so what's that tell you about the character of these people?

You literally do not know what you're talking about and appear to be crazy .

And you know about nothing about use of force . Women cannot legally hit men unless it's justifiable self defense which is not as easy to prove as you think.
There is a saying that goes with this, the fight started when they hit back .
You have a child like and very superficial knowledge of violence and what's involved.
I've trained my kids, make and female to avoid it. And it has. And it's been a lot of training .

You literally do not know what you're talking about and appear to be crazy .

You are the one who is living in an altered state of reality (e.g., crazy) if you watched the video and believe that a party who is at the bar with their back to a perp who proceeds to walk up and strike the person at the bar who doesn't even know they are about to get hit because they have had their back to the perp the entire time, is the "aggressor" and "initiator" of the altercation OR that the perp was acting in "self-defense". LMFAO, yea if your breed is the definition of "sanity" in Florida, they should just rename it Crazytown, USA.

I looked at the video closely for the first time today. We can't tell what might have happened before they got on camera or what they said to each other but I didn't notice until looking closely that he was for whatever reason pushing her into the bar with his right arm into her lower back.

It you look when they first come on camera it looks like she might have slipped in front of him and maybe that pissed him off. Anyone that has been in a crowded bar knows how that works what with all the people crammed together trying to get to the bar and it's kinda dog eat dog with people sliding through wherever they can. That's the way bars are though and nothing to get all bent out of place over. And BTW, since he's 19 what was he doing up at the bar anyway?

But yeah, for whatever reason, from the time they're both first clearly on camera he is shoving his right forearm into her lower back and schmushing her up against the bar.

I looked at the video closely for the first time today. We can't tell what might have happened before they got on camera or what they said to each other but I didn't notice until looking closely that he was for whatever reason pushing her into the bar with his right arm into her lower back.

It you look when they first come on camera it looks like she might have slipped in front of him and maybe that pissed him off. Anyone that has been in a crowded bar knows how that works what with all the people crammed together trying to get to the bar and it's kinda dog eat dog with people sliding through wherever they can. That's the way bars are though and nothing to get all bent out of place over. And BTW, since he's 19 what was he doing up at the bar anyway?

But yeah, for whatever reason, from the time they're both first clearly on camera he is shoving his right forearm into her lower back and schmushing her up against the bar.

You aren't looking at the better video then - I posted an extended-play video off of Fox (was several minutes long and plays for at least a minute before DJ even shows up in the video - the camera is on patron side of bar and back from bar such that you can see about 3 rows of people from those at the bar and 2 or 3 deep from there.). But you are very mistaken, the woman was at the bar with her back to camera well before AJ even comes up to the bar. She did not cut him off - that's complete BS. She is standing at the bar with her back to Johnson when he walks up behind her and elbows her hard in the lower back to move her aside to create room at bar so he could slide in. After he elbows her to initially move her forward into bar and sideways down the bar, he maintains force on her with his forearm to keep pushing her into and down the bar so as to create more room for himself. The notion that she cut in front of him or he was justified in any way of assaulting her like that is laughable bull$hit.

Some, if not most of us, see the video differently. That is all there is to it. It doesn't make the majority of this board "crazy" "Florida state appologists"(that notion is what is truly laughable), or people that like to victim shame. I'd imagine you generally respect most people's opionons on this board, hence the reason you read it, so don't resort to offending people who don't agree, it devalue your argument. You see the video differently and that is fine.

You aren't looking at the better video then - I posted an extended-play video off of Fox (was several minutes long and plays for at least a minute before DJ even shows up in the video - the camera is on patron side of bar and back from bar such that you can see about 3 rows of people from those at the bar and 2 or 3 deep from there.). But you are very mistaken, the woman was at the bar with her back to camera well before AJ even comes up to the bar. She did not cut him off - that's complete BS. She is standing at the bar with her back to Johnson when he walks up behind her and elbows her hard in the lower back to move her aside to create room at bar so he could slide in. After he elbows her to initially move her forward into bar and sideways down the bar, he maintains force on her with his forearm to keep pushing her into and down the bar so as to create more room for himself. The notion that she cut in front of him or he was justified in any way of assaulting her like that is laughable bull$hit.

Reactions: BBrown
Some, if not most of us, see the video differently. That is all there is to it. It doesn't make the majority of this board "crazy" "Florida state appologists"(that notion is what is truly laughable), or people that like to victim shame. I'd imagine you generally respect most people's opionons on this board, hence the reason you read it, so don't resort to offending people who don't agree, it devalue your argument. You see the video differently and that is fine.

Wrong, the long version video is unequivocally clear who is at the bar first - long before the second party walks up to the party who is at the bar (facing the bar) from behind and proceeds to assault the party with a hard elbow to the lower back and then continues to apply a forearm to them pushing them both into the bar and down the bar. It is not a matter of "opinion" what the video clearly shows. "We see the video differently" - what a bunch of horsecrap, what is on the video VERY CLEARLY is not a matter of "opinion" as in "your entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts". Again, the video is UNEQUIVOCALLY clear as to who INITIATED the altercation, who struck who first, who was the aggressor and who was trying to defend themselves from the aggressors outrageous actions given that they were being perpetrated on a WOMAN who was half the size of a guy playing D1A Football for an elite program (in OTW the aggressor is quite large). There is no way this disgraceful, overly-aggressive, violent thug should be on a college campus menacing the campus let alone violent striking a WOMAN a fraction of his size! If I was this woman, I would sue F$U for putting this thug on campus where he has no business being.

Agree that he has no place on any campus, disagree with every other bit of your commentary.

I think the bottom line here is that both are responsible for their own behavior........and neither was acceptable. Posters can argue all night who was more responsible, who started it, who was worse, etc. Punish both based on their individual actions and be done with it.

Reactions: BBrown
I think the bottom line here is that both are responsible for their own behavior........and neither was acceptable. Posters can argue all night who was more responsible, who started it, who was worse, etc. Punish both based on their individual actions and be done with it.
Thank you, that is literally all I am saying, both deserve punishment, him way more than her.

Reactions: BBrown and psu00
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT