ADVERTISEMENT

Florida State QB De'Andre Johnson punches woman in face

You know, I'm probably going to get killed for this and shouted at "what if it was your daughter," but I don't really love the actions of either of these kids...yes, immature children, at this bar. If you watch the entire video, I think the Tallahassee newspaper has it up online, its pretty obvious that the woman here is very pushy and entitled...she simply won't be cut in line for the bar, even if it means resorting to pushing, threatening, and punching. Now, that does not give this Johnson kid carte blanche to load one up and hit her in the face and I have to say, he is equally as entitled and pushy before the punch too. I have noticed that some......not all women, especially at the college age are pretty entitled just like some of these big time athletes. This looks like a pretty bad mix that is of course compounded by alcohol consumption. In the land of acceptance, in the age of equality, I say they both get thrown out of school? Anyone agree??

You know, I'm probably going to get killed for this and shouted at "what if it was your daughter," but I don't really love the actions of either of these kids...yes, immature children, at this bar. If you watch the entire video, I think the Tallahassee newspaper has it up online, its pretty obvious that the woman here is very pushy and entitled...she simply won't be cut in line for the bar, even if it means resorting to pushing, threatening, and punching. Now, that does not give this Johnson kid carte blanche to load one up and hit her in the face and I have to say, he is equally as entitled and pushy before the punch too. I have noticed that some......not all women, especially at the college age are pretty entitled just like some of these big time athletes. This looks like a pretty bad mix that is of course compounded by alcohol consumption. In the land of acceptance, in the age of equality, I say they both get thrown out of school? Anyone agree??

I respectfully disagree. He got physical with her right away after she clearly tried to stand her ground in line. He put his hands on her and she fought back... must be an Irish girl. That was no open hand slap he gave her either. I'm actually shocked she didn't go down. In my view she stood up to him, he put his hands on her, she tried to get him off her and then he flat out punched her in the face.

Reactions: eidolon21
This one is pretty cut and dry. It'll be interesting to see how FSU tries to weasel out of this and if they try to get him reinstated.

I haven't kept up with the case the past few weeks but when it happened- apparently the police were called, treated the young woman for her injuries, got corroborating witness statements that backed her story (no mention of video then), but for 2 days never bothered to track down and question the FSU player (who was named as the 'attacker' from day 1). The Tally police did release an incident report that stated the ladies name but blacked out the football players and the witnesses names. Similar to the Winston case handling.

I respectfully disagree. He got physical with her right away after she clearly tried to stand her ground in line. He put his hands on her and she fought back... must be an Irish girl. That was no open hand slap he gave her either. I'm actually shocked she didn't go down. In my view she stood up to him, he put his hands on her, she tried to get him off her and then he flat out punched her in the face.

Fair, i saw it a bit differently, but a fair perspective.

This is BS.dont let our hatred of all things FSU Football related cloud your judgememt. Watch the video. He bumps into her in line and makes his way past her. She raises her fist and he holds her arm. She slips him a jab to which he responds with a jab of his own. She was the agressor. ...we can argue what a man is supposed to or not supposed to do all we want but she is clearly the agressor in this case.

Reactions: ram2020
I also disagree. She was waiting for an opening at the bar from the start of the video. He touches her and tries to move her out of the way. She didn't not like the fact he touched her and pushed back. That when he hauled off and hit him.

This is BS.dont let our hatred of all things FSU Football related cloud your judgememt. Watch the video. He bumps into her in line and makes his way past her. She raises her fist and he holds her arm. She slips him a jab to which he responds with a jab of his own. She was the agressor. ...we can argue what a man is supposed to or not supposed to do all we want but she is clearly the agressor in this case.
"to which he responds with a jab of his own." That's called a right cross. He grabbed her left shoulder and hit her in the face with a straight and true right cross. Don't let your contention that she was the aggressor cloud your judgement.

Link: Right cross.

two questions: 1) Rivals has him committing in 2012 and a 2015 grad class. How old is he?
2) was he of legal age in Florida to be drinking?

Comment: Local cops seem to miss a lot of details when it come to FSU Football players

two questions: 1) Rivals has him committing in 2012 and a 2015 grad class. How old is he?
2) was he of legal age in Florida to be drinking?

Comment: Local cops seem to miss a lot of details when it come to FSU Football players
I read that he was 19.

I also disagree. She was waiting for an opening at the bar from the start of the video. He touches her and tries to move her out of the way. She didn't not like the fact he touched her and pushed back. That when he hauled off and hit him.

It seems he tried to slide by her when the other spot at the bar opened up. Maybe he bumped her. Probably he's a dbag. Still she raised her fist at him and threatened him.
He should have walked away but instead he punched her. apparently a classy guy.

LdN

Reactions: ram2020
Watch it again, he already is grabbing her with his left hand when she hits him, the dude was totally in the wrong here. You don't put your hands on a woman like that, lock him up.

Reactions: simons96
This one is pretty cut and dry. It'll be interesting to see how FSU tries to weasel out of this and if they try to get him reinstated.
Not so cut and dry. She throws the first punch, and he retaliates. His lawyer will claim self defense. Just because you are a male doesn't mean you have to be a punching bag.

I can not believe people are siding with the guy who punched a chick. There is no way she deserved that, even if she was being a jerk.

Not so much "siding" with her. I guess it's just I don't see this as unilaterally his fault. Not so much siding with him, he is a scumbag and should be kicked out of the school. It's like when two little kids, say your toddler son and daughter get into a fight and you say that both of them should go to their room. Look, I am not trying to get political, but if we are going to truly suggest that women should be treated equally in all facets of society, then as far as I am concerned, if you throw a punch you are liable to get punched back. I did notice him grabbing her arms, It almost seems like maybe he was trying to diffuse the situation a bit....maybe not, but then she throws a punch? If I was her parent I would make sure that Johnson was prosecuted to the fullest and then I would have my daughter spend a semester at home thinking about what it means to be an adult. It certainly isn't bullying your way to the bar, knocking into surrounding people and then at least being half responsible for escalating an argument that turned violent. Again, not pardoning Johnson, but I also don't have patience for privileged college age girls acting entitled...I thought she did honestly.

STFU. You don't hit a woman. Period.

Reactions: Bobpsu and RobBliz
The Tally police did release an incident report that stated the ladies name but blacked out the football players and the witnesses names. Similar to the Winston case handling.

I believe this is due to FL state laws. I'm not an expert here, but I've read a few internet threads where people were amazed at the fact that victim names were published and the person charged was redacted and the response was that FL law dictates what must be redacted and it lines up with how these stories have been handled. I wish I knew enough to cite the specifics but that's what I've heard contextually.

As for the video, my interpretation is that the guy got a little pushy in getting up to the bar and the girl took exception to how much he was pushing her around to get to the empty spot. It looks like she called him out on that verbally at first, then cocked a not very threatening fist. He grabs her arm (he will likely claim self defense here but IMO she didn't look threatening at all) and then he escalates it with aggressive pushing and shoving to the point that the guy behind her is getting pushed around too. At this point, she probably feels threatened so she throws a little punch that is about as hard as a shove to get him to back off. He responds with a haymaker. I'd say both were at fault here in terms of instigating things, but I think he showed way more aggression in the way he grabbed her which liked caused her to get physical.

What we don't know is what she said to him at the 1:48 mark when she slides up to the bar ahead of him as they are both approaching. It may have been a taunting/teasing comment about he's too slow to get there first or whatever, but if it was a comment he took exception to that might be what started the whole confrontation and lead to his aggressive pushing to get to the bar counter as well. Nothing she could have said is an excuse for his behavior, but it could have been the instigation point.

https://medium.com/@LarnieaOfNarnia/very-important-pussy-ec6dc8dd7ff0

ram2020, the above article explains things well.
Women hit more often in domestic violence, men hit harder.
Yup, that is precisely the behavior I am talking about. I would define the type of women the author depict as 80% of the women I have dealt with in my life honestly. I was fortunate enough to grow up in suburbia and mostly interact with women that fit this description. They have never bought a drink, worked for anything, treat men like pawns in their game, and if all else fails? They usually have a a big softie for a Dad to come to the rescue. I'm not saying this girl fits that description, that would be prejudiced based on the video, but if I were her Dad I would let her know she looks very entitled and if she is going to throw punches, don't be shocked if you get punched back.

Not so much "siding" with her. I guess it's just I don't see this as unilaterally his fault. Not so much siding with him, he is a scumbag and should be kicked out of the school. It's like when two little kids, say your toddler son and daughter get into a fight and you say that both of them should go to their room. Look, I am not trying to get political, but if we are going to truly suggest that women should be treated equally in all facets of society, then as far as I am concerned, if you throw a punch you are liable to get punched back. I did notice him grabbing her arms, It almost seems like maybe he was trying to diffuse the situation a bit....maybe not, but then she throws a punch? If I was her parent I would make sure that Johnson was prosecuted to the fullest and then I would have my daughter spend a semester at home thinking about what it means to be an adult. It certainly isn't bullying your way to the bar, knocking into surrounding people and then at least being half responsible for escalating an argument that turned violent. Again, not pardoning Johnson, but I also don't have patience for privileged college age girls acting entitled...I thought she did honestly.

Unilaterally his fault. There was no threat to him whatsoever in what she did. He is bigger, stronger, faster, quicker. Has probably been in way more fights. You. don't. punch. a. woman.

Reactions: EPC FAN
Yup, that is precisely the behavior I am talking about. I would define the type of women the author depict as 80% of the women I have dealt with in my life honestly. I was fortunate enough to grow up in suburbia and mostly interact with women that fit this description. They have never bought a drink, worked for anything, treat men like pawns in their game, and if all else fails? They usually have a a big softie for a Dad to come to the rescue. I'm not saying this girl fits that description, that would be prejudiced based on the video, but if I were her Dad I would let her know she looks very entitled and if she is going to throw punches, don't be shocked if you get punched back.

Look man, if 80% of the women you know act like the woman in that article elvis63 posted, then you are not very good at getting to know the right kind of woman.

If I were that girl's dad, I would tell her that she IS entitled to go to the bar and order and drink without being muscled out of the way by an angry douche. F him. Too bad the bouncers did not beat him stupid.

Look man, if 80% of the women you know act like the woman in that article elvis63 posted, then you are not very good at getting to know the right kind of woman.

If I were that girl's dad, I would tell her that she IS entitled to go to the bar and order and drink without being muscled out of the way by an angry douche. F him. Too bad the bouncers did not beat him stupid.
Hey look, you watched the same video I did and you are certainly entitled to your opinion. I just don't think it was 100% his fault. That there was no instigation. If you watch the video close enough she bangs into other patrons trying to order a drink with no consideration before he even steps up. I find his behavior to be boorish at best, and I find her to be anything but a pacifist...I'm sorry.

Reactions: BBrown
The author of the article is a black female fwiw.
Women do start trouble at times . We often strike first, it's fairly common in fact .
Bouncers hate that stuff and it's often a reality check when out of control females get physically tossed from a bar.

I doubt the other guy did .
Years ago I read a redbook article about college drinking and females .
In 1985 females binge drinking was running about 20%, in 05 it was up to 53%, 2 points higher than the guys .
In 85 the guys were at 51%. So over twenty years we had many more females getting drunk . With as as much immaturity as the guys and a lower alcohol tolerance .
It's a recipe for trouble.
I'm married and we stay away from club kind of bars. We like places with good food, craft beer, wi e, cocktails.
There's no trouble at places like that. Normally I mean.

Hey look, you watched the same video I did and you are certainly entitled to your opinion. I just don't think it was 100% his fault. That there was no instigation. If you watch the video close enough she bangs into other patrons trying to order a drink with no consideration before he even steps up. I find his behavior to be boorish at best, and I find her to be anything but a pacifist...I'm sorry.

Once you punch a woman in the face, it might as well be 100% your fault. Furthermore, he is facing criminal charges. He either broke the law or he did not. If by suggesting that it was not 100% his fault you are suggesting that he has a viable self-defense argument, then I disagree. He attempted to restrain and control her using his superior physical strength and training. He was never in danger so long as she did not have a weapon. In order for him to plead self-defense and get anywhere with it, a jury is going to have to believe that he was in apprehension of imminent bodily harm. Really? Bullshit.

Words like "instigation" and "provocation" are what men say who think that in some circumstances it is okay to punch a woman in the face, hard, even if you are in no apprehension of bodily harm. Look up Stephen A. Smith and that term "provocation" wrt Ray Rice. It is not okay. No matter what someone says to you, it does not give you the right to punch them in the face, or to shove them.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT