ADVERTISEMENT

Erickson's Notebook Reveals Deceptions, Possible Crimes

You would be stunned if you knew how inept, out of touch, and clueless many of these people are. This doesn't surprise me at all.
While he might be a bad speller, I can tell you from the contents of the notebook that he is quite adept at business and finance. I'm checking the tax laws to see if what "they" were doing was legal.

We knew your former president was weak and compromised. But he was a very good schemer. He will be exposed more. We have no respect for him. For us honor is everything.

What he did to your sicilian football coach will never be forgiven.

I hope Blehar continues to follow the trail that they so foolishly left.

They were greedy and spiteful.
And it will get worse for them.
We saw the handwriting on the walls several years ago.

Remember what I said before?
If I told you what I know, this school would be run by the state.

We knew your former president was weak and compromised. But he was a very good schemer. He will be exposed more. We have no respect for him. For us honor is everything.

Well then- please tell us what you know because right now I'd love the state to run the school (if you only knew how out of character that is for me- never thought I'd ever say something like that). ;).

Seriously, I wish people would speak up if they know something. Keeping everything hidden in cryptic posts does not help the situation. Please- let us all in on what you know.

Reactions: WeR0206

Frank, Are you painting houses again? Please start with Surma's house. It needs a heavy coat or two.

Tell us what you know Frank

Smoking Gun!

In the vast majority of cases you never find a "smoking gun". For the past 3 years many people like Ray have found tidbits that have been turning the tide slowly but surely. These 3 pages of notes are yet again a great piece of the puzzle.

That said, we may just have the smoking gun right in front of our eyes! It is nearly certain that the Curley email regarding Joe's input was altered. Proving that alone shows that the story was untrue and altered to suit someone's aims. Proving that it was altered, while I am not an expert, seems to be a technological question. Higher the right experts and you are done. Add to that, if Curley states that he did not write those words then you are in a position to blow this thing out of the water. There is a saying that if you catch someone lying in a court setting then everything that liar says has no validity.

Secondly, finding out who altered it would put the nail in the coffin, bury the coffin and the game is over. That can also be aided by technology.

-Where did the email come from that was altered? That we already know.
-What is the electronic path of finding and delivering that email? We know who handed it over.
-Where and how did he find it? That guy can be questioned.
-Who else had access to the system who could have altered the email? A list could be created who had access.
-Was the system entered and at what time? There are likely electronic finger prints for that one.
-Who had reason to alter the email?

Ask and start answering these questions and work through the technology solutions and the you may find the culprit and the WHY this was done. It seems to me that if you have sufficient evidence that the email was changed then you should be able to gain access to the data base to do the technological search.

Frank is always welcome here. He has "Rock Star" status in my book.

For what? I am not saying that we should hate the guy or that he is not welcome here, but "rock star"? If he is a rock star, what is Ray? The Second Coming?

I see Frank's posts and think, "Hmm...that's neat. What else?".

Hey, Ray, if the emails are fraudulent, why didn't Spanier say so in his lengthy interviews with the New Yorker and New York Times? Here's what he said about the 2001 emails:

He said he had no memory of writing the email in response to Curley in 2001, but now regrets that he used the word “vulnerable,” which many have taken to mean that he already knew that something inappropriate or criminal had occurred. “I didn’t,” he said. “I think what it meant was that if he didn’t get the message and stop bringing boys into the locker rooms, we could be open to criticism. Obviously, in retrospect, using the word was a bad choice. But who would think that 13 years later someone would focus in on that one word?”
http://www.nytimes.com/2014/07/20/m...ham-spanier-penn-states-ousted-president.html

And am I correct that you surmise that the 2001 emails are phoney because in one place Curley had two spaces after a period whereas in others he had one?

And am I correct that you surmise that the 2001 emails are phoney because in one place Curley had two spaces after a period whereas in others he had one?

That's a pretty ridiculous reason for suspecting an email is forged. Emails are not literary masterpieces and contain all kinds of mistakes, including when people edit their email on the fly, then don't read it again before sending. You see all kinds of mistakes in emails.

Hey, Ray, if the emails are fraudulent, why didn't Spanier say so in his lengthy interviews with the New Yorker and New York Times? Here's what he said about the 2001 emails:

He said he had no memory of writing the email in response to Curley in 2001, but now regrets that he used the word “vulnerable,” which many have taken to mean that he already knew that something inappropriate or criminal had occurred. “I didn’t,” he said. “I think what it meant was that if he didn’t get the message and stop bringing boys into the locker rooms, we could be open to criticism. Obviously, in retrospect, using the word was a bad choice. But who would think that 13 years later someone would focus in on that one word?”
http://www.nytimes.com/2014/07/20/m...ham-spanier-penn-states-ousted-president.html

Pitiful

Reactions: Lionjack99

If you read your post you'll see you answered your own question. If Spanier said he had no memory of writing the email to Curley, doesn't that open the possibility he never wrote them? A person can't remember an email they never sent. At the time Spanier likely had no reason to suspect anyone would falsify an email so he assumed he must have written it even though he admitted he didn't recall doing so.

That said, while a lot of things surrounding the emails seem fishy I'll believe they were intentionally altered when there is some solid proof. A message board poster implying wrongdoing doesn't do it for me just as someone like you saying they know the truth doesn't do it for me either.

Smoking Gun!

In the vast majority of cases you never find a "smoking gun". For the past 3 years many people like Ray have found tidbits that have been turning the tide slowly but surely. These 3 pages of notes are yet again a great piece of the puzzle.

That said, we may just have the smoking gun right in front of our eyes! It is nearly certain that the Curley email regarding Joe's input was altered. Proving that alone shows that the story was untrue and altered to suit someone's aims...
The email, itself, proves that. It may have been altered. Makes no difference to me. Tim's saying "everyone, but....", as opposed to "anyone, but..." is all you need to exonerate Joe because it means that Curley was proposing to include Sandusky in those to be informed. He was not proposing the exclusion of anyone.

Had he said 'anyone' that would mean Tim was uncomfortable going to 'anyone' other than Sandusky, which would suggest the elimination of steps. By saying 'everyone', he was actually saying that he was uncomfortable going 'everyone' without also including Sandusky. IOW, Tim was having trouble going behind Sandusky's back.

When Spanier responds with "That will require you to go a step further....", Spanier is acknowledging that Tim's proposal to include Sandusky would involve an additional step (not fewer steps), that speaking with JS about something so delicate would be uncomfortable and that he admired Tim's willingness to address the matter with Jerry.

Tim's email says the exact opposite of what the Freeh narrative says it does and Spanier's response confirms it.

Plus, the minute Spanier says Tim's approach is acceptable, Joe is completely off the hook. The AD asked the president for support and approval and he received it. The football coach was nowhere near the decision.

So if it can be proven that the email used to defame Joe was doctored. We won't have to debate about naming a field or returning a statue. Sue will own PSU.

I'm not even 100% convinced it's referring to the correct "Joe." Curley could have conceivably met with Joe Sarra, former Second Mile employee, former PSU DL coach(under Sandusky) and that time an Admin Asst. in the football program responsible for many things, including facilities management. If Curley's plan after "the talk" included not allowing JS to bring guests to PSU facilities, talking to Sarra about keeping TSM kids out would make perfect sense.

http://news.psu.edu/story/211481/20...-sarra-and-williams-helped-lions-win-2-titles

I agree. I have no idea if the emails were altered or not but even if they are completely accurate I find people's jumping to conclusions odd. Obviously Freeh put them in the worst light possible saying Paterno stopped the reporting of JS. All that on 'After talking to Joe, I'm not comfortable proceeding as previously decided....,'. (paraphrasing). Freeh and the press decided that meant Paterno said 'Do not report JS. Allow him to continue to abuse kids. We have football to protect'. That's just silly- first because it's 100% against his actions of 60 years as head coach but also because everyone agrees THEY would never say something like that.......but they totally buy that Paterno would.

It's far more likely Paterno (after dealing with player disciplinary issues over the years) said make sure you get both sides before you act on such a crucial matter. That would explain why Curley said he wants to talk to JS first.

Freeh so distorted that quote as having only 1 explanation and the media in its frenzy bought it completely because it was the biggest 'drama' that could be interpreted for ratings. No one questioned Freeh on that at all which should be embarassing to journalists.
They were obviously tampered.
They would otherwise not make sense.

I'm not even 100% convinced it's referring to the correct "Joe." Curley could have conceivably met with Joe Sarra, former Second Mile employee, former PSU DL coach(under Sandusky) and that time an Admin Asst. in the football program responsible for many things, including facilities management. If Curley's plan after "the talk" included not allowing JS to bring guests to PSU facilities, talking to Sarra about keeping TSM kids out would make perfect sense.

http://news.psu.edu/story/211481/20...-sarra-and-williams-helped-lions-win-2-titles
I am willing to keep an open mind, but given the context of the situation and email, I think this is a stretch.

I agree, Lundy. But, isn't most of the report a stretch?
I think Freeh's interpretation of that email is flat out wrong. I am not sure if I am completely on board with Ray's assertion of tampering with this email. But, I have serious questions about the authenticity of the 1998 emails, so it wouldn't surprise me at all.

That's a pretty ridiculous reason for suspecting an email is forged. Emails are not literary masterpieces and contain all kinds of mistakes, including when people edit their email on the fly, then don't read it again before sending. You see all kinds of mistakes in emails.
It seems to me that adding spaces after a sentence when typing is a completely unconscious behavior. In other words, we all just do it without thinking and do it the same way (nearly) every time. So I don't think it's ridiculous at all, especially in light of the fact that Ray says he has other Curley e-mail samples that show the same 1-space pattern.

Reactions: simons96
It seems to me that adding spaces after a sentence when typing is a completely unconscious behavior. In other words, we all just do it without thinking and do it the same way (nearly) every time. So I don't think it's ridiculous at all, especially in light of the fact that Ray says he has other Curley e-mail samples that show the same 1-space pattern.

I think Ray's assertion is similar to the infamous "Coach" email from 1998. In all other communications provided by Freeh, Curley refers to Paterno as "Joe", so it seems unlikely that he would use "Coach" to refer to Paterno in any context. And of course, the inference of "coach" as Paterno follows some pretty nefarious assertions that only make sense in Freeh's narrative IF "Coach" is Paterno.

Likewise, if you look at all of Curley's emails, the ONLY time he appears to use the double space is after the "after speaking with Joe" sentence. Again, this is the sentence which unfairly incriminates Paterno in the public's eye of being part of a conspiracy of silence. Proof of malfeasance by Freeh? NO. but certainly defies probability that this would be the ONLY time Curley used the double space AND it unfairly incriminates Paterno.

In the tech world we live and breath by oddities and anomalies. If we have observed a process dozens of times, and one time it appears a little off, that is when we start to look for other errors even if everything seems to be working normally. And I tell ya, that's when we usually find the sneaky stuff that will screw up a process if left unobserved.

Reactions: ChiTownLion
I am a simple man of irish and swedish stock that came to know and love many sicilians.

Russ Buffalino, McGee to his friends, appreciated my work in the philly teamsters and approached me with an offer to work with him.

McGee was a loved person in luzerne and lackawanna counties in pennsylvania. He lived modestly in kingston. I admired him.

We did business in happy valley and throughout pennsylvania. It was basic stuff. Bars, hotels and apartments mainly with our construction friends. Sure we were getting action from bookies too, but it was not really that much.

We helped to get the teamsters installed in your school in 1970.

If you know your unions, we control them.

My weakness is my temper.

McGee and I had to visit Jimmy in detroit because he would not listen to reason when he got out of jail. We had been borrowing money from the pension funds, with fitzsimmons' permission.

I want to help you penn state people. Some of your old trustees had become increasingly greedy over the years. They began to believe that they were untouchable. They enrage me.

Pray for my soul.

I will forever regret the mess that I made in Umberto's. Joe Gallo wouldn't listen to reason, either.

Your university is on the brink because of the selfish actions of some current trustees and former trustees. Your former president erickson is a traitor. They are all gutless. Some have resigned and cower behind their lawyers.

The trustees and the second mile are being investigated by the federals. Be patient. The liars will be exposed for all to see.

When Rosario Buffalino was indicted by the federals, father sica sent them a letter with over 7,000 signatures attesting to McGee's charity & goodwill to the common people of luzerne and lackawanna counties. He was loved.

Your corrupt trustees are despised by all loyal penn state people.

May they rot in hell for their treatment of your sicilian football coach paterno and for all of the heartache they have caused to your school and town.

They were malevolent. Rosario was benevolent and he was a man of the people.

May god have mercy,
I am Frank Sheeran and I am suffering for my sins.

Reactions: WeR0206
I am a simple man of irish and swedish stock that came to know and love many sicilians.

Russ Buffalino, McGee to his friends, appreciated my work in the philly teamsters and approached me with an offer to work with him.

McGee was a loved person in luzerne and lackawanna counties in pennsylvania. He lived modestly in kingston. I admired him.

We did business in happy valley and throughout pennsylvania. It was basic stuff. Bars, hotels and apartments mainly with our construction friends. Sure we were getting action from bookies too, but it was not really that much.

We helped to get the teamsters installed in your school in 1970.

If you know your unions, we control them.

My weakness is my temper.

McGee and I had to visit Jimmy in detroit because he would not listen to reason when he got out of jail. We had been borrowing money from the pension funds, with fitzsimmons' permission.

I want to help you penn state people. Some of your old trustees had become increasingly greedy over the years. They began to believe that they were untouchable. They enrage me.

Pray for my soul.

I will forever regret the mess that I made in Umberto's. Joe Gallo wouldn't listen to reason, either.

Your university is on the brink because of the selfish actions of some current trustees and former trustees. Your former president erickson is a traitor. They are all gutless. Some have resigned and cower behind their lawyers.

The trustees and the second mile are being investigated by the federals. Be patient. The liars will be exposed for all to see.

When Rosario Buffalino was indicted by the federals, father sica sent them a letter with over 7,000 signatures attesting to McGee's charity & goodwill to the common people of luzerne and lackawanna counties. He was loved.

Your corrupt trustees are despised by all loyal penn state people.

May they rot in hell for their treatment of your sicilian football coach paterno and for all of the heartache they have caused to your school and town.

They were malevolent. Rosario was benevolent and he was a man of the people.

May god have mercy,
I am Frank Sheeran and I am suffering for my sins.

Frank, any Surma house painting planned perhaps?

Lots of talk by the person pretending to be Frank (who died 12 years ago) but as usual there's lots of cryptic nonsense and no facts.

PSU00,

Chill, please. I'm retired and so is Frank...I no longer hit home runs and Frank no longer paints.

Do you live near Dunmore?
What would you like to know?
I am laying it out there.
You seem like a smart guy, follow the progression.
Look at who the banker trustee wanted to hire as president to replace erickson.
It is not hard.

Reactions: jjsocrates
PSU00,

Chill, please. I'm retired and so is Frank...I no longer hit home runs and Frank no longer paints.

Fair enough. ;). Just tired of the posts by people claiming to know stuff and then playing around or saying they can't reveal what they know. Don't really follow Frank's posts so I missed the 'humor'. By the way, care to come out of retirement- the Phillies could definitely use the help. ;)

Fair enough. ;). Just tired of the posts by people claiming to know stuff and then playing around or saying they can't reveal what they know. Don't really follow Frank's posts so I missed the 'humor'. By the way, care to come out of retirement- the Phillies could definitely use the help. ;)

But Frank is a rock star. :rolleyes:

I hear you, but I'm enjoying "retirement" in Phoenix, except my 2nd favorite team, the DBacks, could use Frank Edwin McGraw (RIP) in the bullpen right about now, allowing the Cubs 5 runs in the 8th and 9th tonight. The Phils, unfortunately became almost as old as me at the same time...It's painful watching JRoll in LA and Utley, Howard, and Chooch have sadly seen better days.

No offense taken.

But you are delusional, if you think no one is going to get hurt when the levee breaks.

And I can assure you that the levee will indeed break.

Be patient. This is a tinderbox. And it goes fu***** deep.

But it is very likely that not all will be exposed beyond penn state.

No offense taken.

But you are delusional, if you think no one is going to get hurt when the levee breaks.

And I can assure you that the levee will indeed break.

Be patient. This is a tinderbox. And it goes fu***** deep.

But it is very likely that not all will be exposed beyond penn state.

Frank, intentional or not, any references to LedZeppelin, simply reinforce your rock star status.

To further quote LedZep:
"Cryin' won't help you, prayin' won't do you no good,
Now, cryin' won't help you, prayin' won't do you no good,
When the levee breaks, mama, you got to move."

I think this is what you're trying to say....

one question I have is whether pedos work alone? Clearly those who trade child porn do not. If one were to hypothetically create an organization (like TSM) to harvest victims, one would presume this would attract all sorts of like-minded predators. Right?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT