ADVERTISEMENT

Erickson's Notebook Reveals Deceptions, Possible Crimes

Instead of guessing about what Freeh's mission was, why didn't you read the engagement letter? Why is it that you think that you know something about this case, when you clearly do not.

The engagement required a full, fair, and complete investigation of the incidents occurring on campus as reported in the Sandusky grand jury presentment. So let's stop there for a moment. The grand jury report included crimes dating to 1996 -- the Freeh Report did not include crimes prior to 1998.

Next, you opine that other members of the BOT recommended Freeh. Incorrect. Didn't happen.

You state it would have been inappropriate for Freeh to investigate TSM or the state. The Freeh Report included information on the state's role in 1998, TSM's role in 2001, and an overview of TSM's relationship with PSU. However, Freeh did not include evidence (that was on the public record) about the financial relationships between TSM and PSU BOT members -- just one land deal that involved Schultz acting on behalf of PSU. It did not highlight the damning evidence of the state's failure that, again, was available in the public records AND if the publicly released 1998 police report (that Freeh somehow managed to exclude from the exhibits in his report). BTW, exhibits 1, 4, 7, 8, and 9 are missing -- so what does that tell you. Or is that an acceptable method of listing research exhibits in coursework at FSU??

As for deflection, Freeh deflects the blame away from Second Mile, who later admitted to covering up Sandusky's abuse finding in 2009, and from the state agencies, who clearly failed in 1998. The recent Tutko case in PA shows that the state agencies screen out calls that are repeat complaints against offenders, once they have cleared said offenders. In other words, the chances are very good that the state agencies were contacted in 2001 and decided against investigating -- which is within their purview to do. It was also the law at the time that child abuse complaints could be classified as general protective service complaints, thus there was no requirement to make a record of the call.

Finally, THERE IS NO EVIDENCE of a failure to report child abuse at PSU. Two individuals from PSU believed a report was made in 2001 and those beliefs CANNOT be refuted for the reasons above.

Chapter 8 of the Freeh Report also confirms there was no evidence to conclude a failure to report abuse -- as it cites the relevant child abuse reporting laws in Pennsylvania, then MAKES NO FINDING that anyone at PSU violated them. Freeh's statements of "concealment" are also a joke, as no crimes occurred on campus after 2001, thus there was nothing to conceal, given 2001 was in fact reported outside PSU. The latter is confirmed on the public record and in the Freeh Report.

So please stop coming over here and making arguments based on innuendo -- otherwise known as Freeh's press conference remarks.
batman_pow.jpeg

Take that semi-literates.

I don't think Freeh's mission was to critique the OAG, DPW or CYS. Indeed it would be inappropraite. It was the BOT from PSU that wanted to know who within PSU knew what and when about Sandusky. Also, the Mouton Report I read did not say that Corbett "stonewalled" Victim One and in fact said that he found no political motivation at all in delaying the Sandusky investigation.
Also, you realize TSM cannot by law give campiagn contributions to any political candidates. To do so would jeopardize their 501c(3) status.

Also, I think others on the BOT recommended Freeh as well. Since Freeh was never asked and indeed would have been inappropriate for him to investigate TSM, or the state I don't see any deflection.

The deflections seem to be coming from another side. Those who support PSU and the Paternos. Freeh's report sends a powerful message to those in charge of strong institutions that if they suspect CSA they must report it or face a similiar result.

BTW if you want to talk about Winston then you can start a thread or better yet go over to warchant and go to the Locker Room forum. You'll get plenty of input! :)

I don't think Freeh's mission was to critique the OAG, DPW or CYS. Indeed it would be inappropraite.

Of course it wasn’t. His mission was to PROTECT the OAG, DPW, and CYS by deflecting the blame away from them, the Governor, and members of the Board.

It was the BOT from PSU that wanted to know who within PSU knew what and when about Sandusky.

Have you ever heard of the term “fox in the henhouse”? Who in the heck do you think controlled the Board of Trustees with an Iron Fist?

Who do you think it was working the phones on the days leading up to November 9, 2011 lobbying the other Board Members to fire Joe and Spanier? Who do you think it was the night after Joe and Spanier were fired bragging in The American Ale House that he canned Joe? And who do you think it was a couple days later at the Nebraska game telling former Penn State football player Bob Capretto that he told the Board to fire Joe? That’s right. The fox in the henhouse. Penn State Board member, current (then) Governor, and former State Attorney General Tom Corbett.

The very man whose former agency had monitoring and oversight responsibility of Sandusky and his Charity, and who stonewalled the Victim One investigation for political purposes.

If you can’t see a conflict of interest there, and a reason to hire Freeh to deflect attention away from his own negligence, and onto an iconic lightning rod, then you are beyond brain dead.

Also, the Mouton Report I read did not say that Corbett "stonewalled" Victim One and in fact said that he found no political motivation at all in delaying the Sandusky investigation.

Well, Victim One and Victim One’s Mother STRONGLY disagree with you. Corbett is one of the three entities they blame the most for the delay, along with Central Mountain High School and The Second Mile/Jack Raykovitz. Funny thing is, they don’t blame Penn State or Joe Paterno much if at all. In fact, they don’t think Penn State should have been sanctioned or Joe should have lost his wins.

Maybe you can explain why Corbett never bothered to get a search warrant on Sandusky’s residence or subpoena Sandusky’s Second Mile records the entire time he was acting as Attorney General?

Jonelle Eshbach submitted a draft Presentment in March of 2010 that she spent months trying to get an answer to. Just because some of Corbett’s political cronies insist that there was no intentional delay doesn’t mean there wasn’t. The Victim’s Mother was ready to go to the FBI because of the delays and Eshbach was beyond frustrated.

Also, you realize TSM cannot by law give campiagn contributions to any political candidates. To do so would jeopardize their 501c(3) status.

“You realize” we’re talking about Board Members of the Second Mile, both past and present, and their Businesses? "You realize" we're talking about a 501c(3) that Corbett had monitoring and oversight responsibilities for as State Attorney General? You realize we're talking about a 501c(3) that Corbett approved a 3 million dollar taxpayer funded grant for knowing full well that they and Sandusky were under investigation for pedophilia?

Also, I think others on the BOT recommended Freeh as well. Since Freeh was never asked and indeed would have been inappropriate for him to investigate TSM, or the state I don't see any deflection.

Freeh had every reason to keep the Second Mile protected and the attention deflected. His former boss, Ric Struthers, was a Second Mile Board member in 2001.

Freeh was on the Board of Directors of Struthers’s Company, MBNA, and also served as Struthers’s General Counsel, Corporate Secretary, and Ethics Officer. When Freeh left MBNA, he cashed in roughly $20 million dollars worth of stock options. There is no way Freeh wasn’t aware of the thousands of dollars Struthers was funneling through the Second Mile and Penn State. Struthers and MBNA sponsored Sandusky’s Testimonial Dinner and Roast on April 14, 2000.

The deflections seem to be coming from another side. Those who support PSU and the Paternos. Freeh's report sends a powerful message to those in charge of strong institutions that if they suspect CSA they must report it or face a similiar result.

HAAA!!! "Freeh’s Report sends out a powerful message to those in charge of strong institutions that if they" want to hire a guy to deflect the blame away from the people in power, Freeh is your guy. Just ask FIFA.

BTW if you want to talk about Winston then you can start a thread or better yet go over to warchant and go to the Locker Room forum. You'll get plenty of input!

Didn’t think you would have a good answer to that question.

You guys that think you can argue off of the CliffsNotes crack me up. It's like a kid that aces his math test because he copied off of someone else's paper, and then has to go to the board and explain his answer. He's lost because he doesn't know the formulas and/or equations.

I told you in my last post that Corbett was on the Penn State Board of Trustees when the crap hit the fan, but it must have just not sunk in. Next time you will know so you won't embarrass yourself.

I don't think Freeh's mission was to critique the OAG, DPW or CYS. Indeed it would be inappropraite.

Of course it wasn’t. His mission was to PROTECT the OAG, DPW, and CYS by deflecting the blame away from them, the Governor, and members of the Board.

It was the BOT from PSU that wanted to know who within PSU knew what and when about Sandusky.

Have you ever heard of the term “fox in the henhouse”? Who in the heck do you think controlled the Board of Trustees with an Iron Fist?

Who do you think it was working the phones on the days leading up to November 9, 2011 lobbying the other Board Members to fire Joe and Spanier? Who do you think it was the night after Joe and Spanier were fired bragging in The American Ale House that he canned Joe? And who do you think it was a couple days later at the Nebraska game telling former Penn State football player Bob Capretto that he told the Board to fire Joe? That’s right. The fox in the henhouse. Penn State Board member, current (then) Governor, and former State Attorney General Tom Corbett.

The very man whose former agency had monitoring and oversight responsibility of Sandusky and his Charity, and who stonewalled the Victim One investigation for political purposes.

If you can’t see a conflict of interest there, and a reason to hire Freeh to deflect attention away from his own negligence, and onto an iconic lightning rod, then you are beyond brain dead.

Also, the Mouton Report I read did not say that Corbett "stonewalled" Victim One and in fact said that he found no political motivation at all in delaying the Sandusky investigation.

Well, Victim One and Victim One’s Mother STRONGLY disagree with you. Corbett is one of the three entities they blame the most for the delay, along with Central Mountain High School and The Second Mile/Jack Raykovitz. Funny thing is, they don’t blame Penn State or Joe Paterno much if at all. In fact, they don’t think Penn State should have been sanctioned or Joe should have lost his wins.

Maybe you can explain why Corbett never bothered to get a search warrant on Sandusky’s residence or subpoena Sandusky’s Second Mile records the entire time he was acting as Attorney General?

Jonelle Eshbach submitted a draft Presentment in March of 2010 that she spent months trying to get an answer to. Just because some of Corbett’s political cronies insist that there was no intentional delay doesn’t mean there wasn’t. The Victim’s Mother was ready to go to the FBI because of the delays and Eshbach was beyond frustrated.

“You realize” we’re talking about Board Members of the Second Mile, both past and present, and their Businesses? "You realize" we're talking about a 501c(3) that Corbett had monitoring and oversight responsibilities for as State Attorney General? You realize we're talking about a 501c(3) that Corbett approved a 3 million dollar taxpayer funded grant for knowing full well that they and Sandusky were under investigation for pedophilia?

Freeh had every reason to keep the Second Mile protected and the attention deflected. His former boss, Ric Struthers, was a Second Mile Board member in 2001.

Freeh was on the Board of Directors of Struthers’s Company, MBNA, and also served as Struthers’s General Counsel, Corporate Secretary, and Ethics Officer. When Freeh left MBNA, he cashed in roughly $20 million dollars worth of stock options. There is no way Freeh wasn’t aware of the thousands of dollars Struthers was funneling through the Second Mile and Penn State. Struthers and MBNA sponsored Sandusky’s Testimonial Dinner and Roast on April 14, 2000.

HAAA!!! "Freeh’s Report sends out a powerful message to those in charge of strong institutions that if they" want to hire a guy to deflect the blame away from the people in power, Freeh is your guy. Just ask FIFA.

BTW if you want to talk about Winston then you can start a thread or better yet go over to warchant and go to the Locker Room forum. You'll get plenty of input!

You guys that think you can argue off of the CliffsNotes crack me up. It's like a kid that aces his math test because he copied off of someone else's paper, and then has to go to the board and explain his answer. He's lost because he doesn't know the formulas and/or equations.

I told you in my last post that Corbett was on the Penn State Board of Trustees when the crap hit the fan, but it must have just not sunk in. Next time you will know so you won't embarrass yourself.

I believe in the case of the Second Mile, the OAG doesn't even need a search warrant....
can barn storm the establishment and start their search.

maybe someone on the board can verify.

Boom. Hopefully that will put an end to his posts.

Boom. Hopefully that will put an end to his posts.

You guys are preaching to the choir. But maybe more bold and larger text will help next time.

The rest of know Freeh's responsibility wasn't to investigate TSM or the state or CYS or Corbett or anybody else. And the fact that others screwed up does not in any way lessen the responsibility of the people at our university to do the right thing.

Reactions: RentechCEO
I believe in the case of the Second Mile, the OAG doesn't even need a search warrant....
can barn storm the establishment and start their search.

maybe someone on the board can verify.

Yes, you are correct the OAG is the State-Mandated Regulator for all Charitable & Non-Profit Organizations (in fact they have an entire division with 3 separate field offices dedicated to the task). As such, all charities & NPOs make annual filings to the OAG and subject themselves to at-will audit, search and seizure by the OAG. Refusal to make annual filings or agree to these terms would immediately terminate State-licensing of the Non-Profit.

However, keep in mind that many agenda-based trolls don't let irrelevant things like facts get in the way of their "false narrative" agendas.

You guys are preaching to the choir. But maybe more bold and larger text will help next time.

The rest of know Freeh's responsibility wasn't to investigate TSM or the state or CYS or Corbett or anybody else. And the fact that others screwed up does not in any way lessen the responsibility of the people at our university to do the right thing.

There is not a shred of proof that anyone in PSU's Athletic Department did not act in the proper manner, let alone in an illegal manner. Your BASELESS and FACTLESS accusations are typical of an agenda-based lowlife (e.g., troll). You repeaatedly claiming utterly unproven and untrue accusations a thousand times does not make them so - it simply demonstrates what an unfair, unprincipled, zero-character lowlife, with an agenda, you are.

There is not a shred of proof that anyone in PSU's Athletic Department did not act in the proper manner, let alone in an illegal manner. Your BASELESS and FACTLESS accusations are typical of an agenda-based lowlife (e.g., troll). You repeaatedly claiming utterly unproven and untrue accusations a thousand times does not make them so - it simply demonstrates what an unfair, unprincipled, zero-character lowlife, with an agenda, you are.

What baseless accusation do you think I made? Perhaps I missed the detail in your histrionic message above. Maybe more capital letters would help.

hey did I mention even the OAG conceded they did nothing illegal in 2001??? LOL

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT