ADVERTISEMENT

Wrestling B1G Tournament -- Session 1 Thread

"attacking is stalling"

and you think you're the smart one

this conversation always cracks me up.

me: "rby is even better than he shows"

you all: "NO HE'S NOT"
You are just too phucking stupid to have a conversation with.

My point is the pond scum environment you seek relief from when you escape over here carries on non-stop about any Penn Stater putting a stall ride on anybody, especially a Hawk. Yet when a Hawk applies a tough ride it's tough rasslin. I would think the wrestling geniuses over there would be similarly disgusted with Hawks simply riding to gain victories, but apparently not.

You are just too phucking stupid to have a conversation with.

My point is the pond scum environment you seek relief from when you escape over here carries on non-stop about any Penn Stater putting a stall ride on anybody, especially a Hawk. Yet when a Hawk applies a tough ride it's tough rasslin. I would think the wrestling geniuses over there would be similarly disgusted with Hawks simply riding to gain victories, but apparently not.
the concept you've discovered is "fandom" congratulations genius

Reactions: sstark46
SVN is set up really well to make the 3rd/4th place match. His next match is the winner of the 14th seed vs the 11th seed. SVN wins that and gets the winner of White (10 seed) vs Lamer (9 seed). Win there and you get the loser between Blockhus and Rooks. Win that and he is in the 3rd place match. Pretty nice path

Facundo in a bit of trouble down 3-0 halfway thru 2nd period.

Reactions: fronk71
Facundo's lack of offense against tougher competition doesn't really bode super well for him. Same thing with SVN. Beau had this problem last year, but he was up a weight class. It bugs me because then you have True Fresh Levi who just gets after it.

Starocci on deck mat 1

Brooks in the hole mat 1

Facundo down 3-0 starting 3rd. Gets escape. Needs a TD to tie.

Right there, Starocci knees on mat and driving in towards legs and opponent backs straight off the mat, that is where the stall should be called.

Meanwhile Iowa picks up another bonus point from Kennedy.

Facundo's consolation path?
Pretty good. First is the winner of South (11seed) and Best (14 seed). Win and he gets the winner between Wilson (10 seed) and Sparks (9 seed). Win and he gets the loser of Amine vs Kennedy. Winner of that is in the 3rd place match. Decent path as well

Reactions: danoftw
Pretty good. First is the winner of South (11seed) and Best (14 seed). Win and he gets the winner between Wilson (10 seed) and Sparks (9 seed). Win and he gets the loser of Amine vs Kennedy. Winner of that is in the 3rd place match. Decent path as well
Best beat him last year, but I can't imagine the version we saw this morning against PK can hang with facundo. Sparks is interesting. Kind of a guy who's been on the brink of success, but keeps getting hurt.

Just a replay of the first match. Still a firm believer in Van Ness’ upside but he’s got a tonnn of work to do on the fundamentals.

I think he is super close. He's a RSFR. He needs a little work on bottom but he has a ton of variety on his feet and is a good rider. He reminds me of Nolf on his feet, although obviously not as good right now.

Probably gonna be Amine if he gets to that point. Wouldn’t be shocked if he MFFs or loses to Kennedy.

Reactions: zzs006
We have three bonus points thus far, correct? One from SVN, one from RBY and one from Starocci. Am I missing any? That’s going into Brooks’ QF.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT