ADVERTISEMENT

Wrestling B1G Tournament -- Session 1 Thread

Murin stalled most of the match but that's on SVN for getting caught for the TD. He also shouldn't have waited so long to get out, the escape was there but he looked for the reversal for too long.

"attacking is stalling"

and you think you're the smart one

this conversation always cracks me up.

me: "rby is even better than he shows"

you all: "NO HE'S NOT"
Just stop. Nobody said that. Only a fool goes after a dominant wrestler.

Murin stalled most of the match but that's on SVN for getting caught for the TD. He also shouldn't have waited so long to get out, the escape was there but he looked for the reversal for too long.
Yep. No idea why he went for that reversal. The youth kids I coach do that and it drives me nuts as they typically don’t even score. Get out and take the escape

Reactions: RB-Old
I have a proposal. Can we stop with the top stalling stuff?

They've made it legal.

Every team does it.

Nobody likes it.

It's a waste of time to argue about it.
It's technically not legal, the rule book specifically says it's stalling if the top guy doesn't attempt a turn. But the issue? That's completely subjective and it's something referees are afraid to call for the most part.

I think you might want to recount
no-michael-scott.gif

Haines on mat 4.

Facundo on deck mat 2.

Starocci in the hole mat 1.

Haines and RBY are incredible at getting out of their opponent deep shots

It's technically not legal, the rule book specifically says it's stalling if the top guy doesn't attempt a turn. But the issue? That's completely subjective and it's something referees are afraid to call for the most part.
Wrong! (unfortunately)

The rulebook makes no mention of attempting a turn. The top man has an obligation to "attempt" to break his opponent flat. The bottom has an obligation to attempt to escape.

"On-the-Mat Stalling Situations. Offensive and defensive stalling situations also include:

a. The offensive wrestler does not aggressively attempt to break down the opponent.

b. The defensive wrestler not initiating action to escape or reverse the opponent.

c. An offensive wrestler not making an effort to return the defensive wrestler to the mat is considered stalling. In all rear-standing situations, it is the offensive wrestler's responsibility to make an effort to return the defensive wrestler to the mat."

Gomez escapes. Tied 4-4 with 1:15 to go and Rooks gets the TD. Gomez clearly a step slow.

Curious where Gomez drops into the lower bracket; is he in SVN's path?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT