ADVERTISEMENT

Ziegler claims to have tapes of Shubin manipulating accuser testimony

francofan

Oct 26, 2015
In the final segment of the John and Leah show (the last ~10 minutes of hour 3), Ziegler goes over why he knows the 70s accusations are false. He states that he sent a person who had been associated wth The Second Mile and a friend of the Sandusky family to Andrew Shubin to make false accusations of CSA. He said that the false accuser made hours and hours of tapes and provided them to Ziegler of Shubin manipulating his testimony to meet the requirements that Penn State needed for a settlement by indicting Joe Paterno/Penn State because the accusation was outside of the statute of limitations. He said that Shubin had referred the false accuser to a therapist to receive repressed memory therapy, the same therapist that had worked with other Shubin clients such as Matt Sandusky, v3, v6, and possibly others. I believe that this therapist is not Michael Gillum, but rather a women based in State College. Ziegler would not say if the accuser was awarded a settlement by Penn State.

If these tapes are ever released, I don't believe it would be good news for Andrew Shubin.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/the-john-and-leah-show/id1084615174?mt=2

In the final segment of the John and Leah show (the last ~10 minutes of hour 3), Ziegler goes over why he knows the 70s accusations are false. He states that he sent a person who had been associated wth The Second Mile and a friend of the Sandusky family to Andrew Shubin to make false accusations of CSA. He said that the false accuser made hours and hours of tapes and provided them to Ziegler of Shubin manipulating his testimony to meet the requirements that Penn State needed for a settlement by indicting Joe Paterno/Penn State because the accusation was outside of the statute of limitations. He said that Shubin had referred the false accuser to a therapist to receive repressed memory therapy, the same therapist that had worked with other Shubin clients such as Matt Sandusky, v3, v6, and possibly others. I believe that this therapist is not Michael Gillum, but rather a women based in State College. Ziegler would not say if the accuser was awarded a settlement by Penn State.

If these tapes are ever released, I don't believe it would be good news for Andrew Shubin.

Key word. Zeigler "claims"

If he does indeed have such tapes, is there any legal issue that would preclude him from sharing the tapes with JS's Defense Team and the Paterno et al Team?

Seems like these sort of tapes should have been used a long time ago. Why now?

Seems like these sort of tapes should have been used a long time ago. Why now?
Can you imagine the circus if JZ is subpoenaed to appear at a hearing before Cleland to testify about this? You know he's going to leverage this for maximum exposure.

"Ziegler claims to have...[x]"

LOL

If I had a nickle for ever time I've read that line, with [x] never appearing, I'd be a very rich man.
He also stumbled upon a cure for cancer. Just waiting for the right time to let us know what it is. He will post an hour long video - the first 5 minutes will give us the cure and the last 55 will be a rant on the media and Scott Paterno

How do 60 Minutes and Dateline do it?
Most states are "one party" states so only one party has to consent to the taping (obviously the one doing the taping). Pennsylvania's a "two party" state, so everybody has agree to be recorded.

Reactions: NC2017
Shouldn't Sandusky's attorneys put JZ on the stand and ask him about the tapes? I think we'd all like to see any and all misdeeds by Shubin exposed

While I would love to see that, I don't believe it relates to any of the PCRA issues that Sandusky's lawyers have identified.

Reactions: Adlee73

I have been told that Shubin's goto therapist for repressed memory therapy is Cindy McNab. Has anybody ever heard of McNab?

Reactions: Adlee73
Can an audio made without taped person's permission be used as evidence?
PA has one of the most restrictive wiretap laws in the country. It's only been a few years since police have been allowed to record audio during a traffic stop without notifying the motorist. Even at that, the officer can't roam around and record random conversations without permission. Court orders are needed to record conversations in which one of the parties reasonably feels they have an expectation of privacy. That rule also applies to undercover operations and telephone calls. Maybe there have been court rulings in the past couple years which have made it easier.

Anyway, as for a private party I'd say it's illegal to record what one person feels is a private conversation. All you attorneys out there can read Chapter 57 of Title 18 (Pa Crimes Code) and let us know your learned opinion.

Reactions: WideWorld
Might not have any legal basis, but imagine if a lawyer is caught on tape trying to fabricate testimony and said tape is made public. That said, I'll believe Zeigler has such a tape when I hear it, and even then I'll be skeptical.

Define manipulating testimony. "Encouraging" your client by asking him if this or that happened is one thing. Maybe even repeatedly asking him if he's sure certain things didn't happen and suggesting therapy to help him remember. Of course altering a client's testimony is completely different. It's quite possible that JZ's allegations are more of the former and less of the latter.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT