ADVERTISEMENT

Ziegler claims to have tapes of Shubin manipulating accuser testimony

Wasn't he just crying a few weeks ago about how inhumanely Sandusky was being treated-- I think the word torture was used? Isn't he complaining about how Joe Paterno is being unfairly treated in the media?

But now he claims to have information showing that one of the victim's attorneys coached a fake victim on how to lie. But he won't release such information until he's paid a sum of money he deems suitable.

So what's he going to do next time he visits Jer in prison- say "sorry, Jer, I have some information that will get you a new trial, but nobody offered to pay me for it, so you just have to deal with the guards bashing your skull off the walls." What a pal. Or maybe ratings are that low and he's desperate for the cash.

Wasn't he just crying a few weeks ago about how inhumanely Sandusky was being treated-- I think the word torture was used? Isn't he complaining about how Joe Paterno is being unfairly treated in the media?

But now he claims to have information showing that one of the victim's attorneys coached a fake victim on how to lie. But he won't release such information until he's paid a sum of money he deems suitable.

So what's he going to do next time he visits Jer in prison- say "sorry, Jer, I have some information that will get you a new trial, but nobody offered to pay me for it, so you just have to deal with the guards bashing your skull off the walls." What a pal. Or maybe ratings are that low and he's desperate for the cash.

Oh please come on. It's obvious there are legal issues with this situation. Think about it genius.

Man does he sure know how to deliver a message. Given the chance to pursuade he always chooses to alienate.

No matter what he does he won't be able to win with certain people. Had he come off nice you would have had something else to say. For the record this is the first time I am speaking in defense of the man. Do I think he has tapes... yes I do. Can he release them with out facing a legal issue? I am not a lawyer, but I doubt it.

Reactions: biacto
Because it's too good not to mention. No matter how you feel about someone there's a lot of BS in this case.
You think he finally has some "bombshell" evidence and he's capable of sitting on it?

You just don't get it. He will say and do anything for attention.

Do you think him outing V2 on his website was a mistake too? That he was the victim of a cyber attack right after he posted it which prevented him from removing it?

You think he finally has some "bombshell" evidence and he's capable of sitting on it?

Do you think him outing V2 on his website was a mistake too? That he was the victim of a cyber attack right after he posted it which prevented him from removing it?

If you don't think he has the tapes, then simply take him up on his bet. Spoiler Alert. You'll lose your a$$.

Zig's pretty much backed up everything he's said so far. He's not going to release any tapes publically until he has all his legal ducks in a row. How would he know what shrink Shubin sends his clients to unless someone told him? I don't think that was public knowledge.

Shubin's already been suspected by the AG's Office of falsifying and forging claimant's statements. You think they're lying too?

I guess I have to spell this out. Without enough public backing putting this tape out isn't worth the inevitable lawsuit that will come his way. Because Zig wasn't doing the recording himself I doubt he's subject to much criminal penalties outside maybe conspiracy to commit a crime if it were proven he suggested the taping. However the fake victim who's in his 50s could possibly spend much of the rest of his life in prison especially if he has any type of criminal record. But Zig would be subject to a lawsuit. That costs money to defend & as we've seen before he can wave evidence on national TV & still get totally ignored so what reason would he take such a risk for? If y'all think it's so easy maybe Zig can send you a copy & you can put it out & face a lawsuit from Shubin. I bet alot of you would say hell yeah right up until it was time to put it out & face the possible consequences of a life of permanent debt & maybe some jail time.

Last edited:
About The Highlands
Our practitioners offer a range of experience, treatment approaches, interests and specialties.

Cynthia L. MacNab

Education/Training
Ph.D, The Pennsylvania State University

Credentialing
Licensed Psychologist

Populations served
Individuals, Couples, College students, Adults

Specialties
Anxiety, Depression, Eating disorders, Life transitions, Grief and loss, Spiritual/religious issues, Relationship issues, LGBT/sexual orientation issues, Recovery from trauma, Dissociative disorders, PTSD, Women's issues, Mood disorders, Cross-cultural/diversity issues, EMDR

Treatment Approach
Most people seek psychotherapy because they feel the need to make some changes in their lives. I believe that positive change takes place within the context of a safe, supportive therapeutic relationship. As we explore your thoughts, feelings, and behaviors in therapy, my role is to help you reflect upon your experience, so that you can gain self-understanding and begin to experiment with more adaptive ways of being. In my approach to psychotherapy, I have been influenced by ideas and techniques from a number of schools of thought including humanistic, psychodynamic, and cognitive-behavioral therapy, and I try to tailor my approach to the needs of each person. I will facilitate referrals for medication when appropriate.

JZ says he has the tapes and certain people cry bullshit. AL backs him up (because he knows they exist as well), and we get crickets.

Bingo. Some are finally seeing maybe he is just an attention whore. He makes these announcements of tapes and nobody blinks except his loyal followers. He's a Nigerian prince and PSU has a portion of fans willing to listen. Jerry is innocent and he has the tapes....ok then.

Bingo. Some are finally seeing maybe he is just an attention whore. He makes these announcements of tapes and nobody blinks except his loyal followers. He's a Nigerian prince and PSU has a portion of fans willing to listen. Jerry is innocent and he has the tapes....ok then.

You're not that stupid. You know the tapes exist as much as I do. Try to get your obsessed mind off of Sandusky for a millisecond.

If Zig releases the tapes (or is forced to release them), that materially catches Shubin in at least two cases of trying to falsify claimant's statements. The positive impact that could have on Penn State is potentially huge.

You're not that stupid. You know the tapes exist as much as I do. Try to get your obsessed mind off of Sandusky for a millisecond.

If Zig releases the tapes (or is forced to release them), that materially catches Shubin in at least two cases of trying to falsify claimant's statements. The positive impact that could have on Penn State is potentially huge.

I find it odd semi-intelligent people believe him still when he fails to produce time after time. Of course there are no tapes or someone would have forced his hand by now. He's an attention whore at this point in time. Maybe one day he actually delivers something.

Football is here. F Jerry and F JZ!

Reactions: Ten Thousan Marbles
IF??? Could??

I'd laugh if it wasn't so pathetic .

What's "pathetic" is you allowing Shubin to fraudulently stuff his pockets with millions of Penn State's dollars. Even the AG's office agrees you are being played for a sucker.

Yes. I suppose he could have been pretending, but his text messages definitely suggested otherwise. Several computers were constantly refreshed to confirm it got fixed. It was a very laborious process and John seemed genuinely troubled by the breach.

For the record, I am not a fan of his tactics, generally.

No matter what he does he won't be able to win with certain people. Had he come off nice you would have had something else to say. For the record this is the first time I am speaking in defense of the man. Do I think he has tapes... yes I do. Can he release them with out facing a legal issue? I am not a lawyer, but I doubt it.
What if:he claims shield law as a media member? Just asking, I don't really know all the ins and outs legally... Also, I have yet to see Ziggy release any of the smoking guns he has claimed to have in the past. If Anthony says he has them, I'm a tad bit more inclined to believe it.

Seems like these sort of tapes should have been used a long time ago. Why now?
His standard MO is to wait until something very good happens for PSU, and then to release one of his "blockbusters."

If we beat Pitt, and if he has these tapes, that would be an example of a day/weekend he would release the tapes.

I find it odd semi-intelligent people believe him still when he fails to produce time after time. Of course there are no tapes or someone would have forced his hand by now. He's an attention whore at this point in time. Maybe one day he actually delivers something.

Football is here. F Jerry and F JZ!

Who would have "forced his hand"???? The AG, Paternos, and Penn State certainly wouldn't have. They have been too invested in Sandusky's guilt. About the only person that has an incentive to have them released is Sandusky. If he gets a new trial, who knows? Maybe that will happen.

I do believe the tapes exist. Personally, I hope John releases them.

You may be right. However, I expect that the next big news about the tapes may well be that they have been "burglarized." There are only so many stories in the world.

Reactions: nits74
What if he claims shield law as a media member? Just asking, I don't really know all the ins and outs legally... Also, I have yet to see Ziggy release any of the smoking guns he has claimed to have in the past. If Anthony says he has them, I'm a tad bit more inclined to believe it.
If the conversations with Shubin were recorded illegally the shield law would not apply. Contrary to what some members of the media think, laws apply to them as well. It's not the same thing as refusing to reveal the identity of a source.

I bet Zig one quadrillion dollars that he doesn't have what he claims. However, if the audio was illegally recorded, he owes me TWO quadrillion dollars.

About The Highlands
Our practitioners offer a range of experience, treatment approaches, interests and specialties.

Cynthia L. MacNab
Education/Training
Ph.D, The Pennsylvania State University

Credentialing
Licensed Psychologist

Populations served
Individuals, Couples, College students, Adults

Specialties
Anxiety, Depression, Eating disorders, Life transitions, Grief and loss, Spiritual/religious issues, Relationship issues, LGBT/sexual orientation issues, Recovery from trauma, Dissociative disorders, PTSD, Women's issues, Mood disorders, Cross-cultural/diversity issues, EMDR

Treatment Approach
Most people seek psychotherapy because they feel the need to make some changes in their lives. I believe that positive change takes place within the context of a safe, supportive therapeutic relationship. As we explore your thoughts, feelings, and behaviors in therapy, my role is to help you reflect upon your experience, so that you can gain self-understanding and begin to experiment with more adaptive ways of being. In my approach to psychotherapy, I have been influenced by ideas and techniques from a number of schools of thought including humanistic, psychodynamic, and cognitive-behavioral therapy, and I try to tailor my approach to the needs of each person. I will facilitate referrals for medication when appropriate.

interesting list don't you think? Wasnt Alycia A. Chambers part of the 98 investigation? maybe I am wrong about that.

Why yes! She was unmasked after an LTE she wrote. Be sure to read the whole thing if you are so inclined. It's a tweet series due to 140 char limit.

Thanks for the pointer Nellie. Very interesting LTE by Dr. Macnab.

If Macnab was a party to the absurd but very damaging allegations against Paterno and Sandusky that dates back to the seventies, I believe she will regret ever having written that LTE. Based on her letter, I believe she actually thinks that what she uncovered in her repressed memory sessions might actually be true. I think she may also have convinced her clients that there may be some factual basis for their recovered memories.

It is my understanding that Michael Gillum helped Aaron Fisher to recover some of his memories of his abuse. Based on what I observed when Gillum testfied at the PCRA evidentiary hearing and what he has written, I think Gillum actually believes what he recovered in Fisher's repressed memory sessions is factual.

To be clear, I think that recovered memories learned in repressed memory therapy are totally unreliable. The methods have been thoroughly debunked. I think it is imperative that Judge Cleland allows evidence of repressed/recovered memories to come into Sandusky's PCRA hearings including an in-camera review of therapy notes from therapist who saw accusers and used repressed/recovered memory techniques in their sessions with them.

Oh, I think he has the tapes alright. Now, until anyone can listen to them, we can only speculate if they are a game changer. He probably could write a fictional account of what a conversation similar to the one he claims to own on tape. I'm sure if Shubin is on tape he has done at least two things already: Threatened Zig with financial extinction and purchased a gross of adult diapers at Cosco. Then there is the element of the man behind the curtain and what really happened to Gricar.

Why yes! She was unmasked after an LTE she wrote. Be sure to read the whole thing if you are so inclined. It's a tweet series due to 140 char limit.
"The brave men who came forward should be given the benefit of the doubt. They deserve no less from the president of an institution that bears some responsibility for enabling a serial pedophile to hide in plain sight for so many years." http://www.centredaily.com/opinion/letters-to-the-editor/article77625682.html#storylink=cpy

^^ How does MacNab reconcile 1976 John Doe 150's own lawyer warning us not to believe the Paterno hook? Also, I don't doubt that JZ has the tapes.

Thanks for the pointer Nellie. Very interesting LTE by Dr. Macnab.

If Macnab was a party to the absurd but very damaging allegations against Paterno and Sandusky that dates back to the seventies, I believe she will regret ever having written that LTE. Based on her letter, I believe she actually thinks that what she uncovered in her repressed memory sessions might actually be true. I think she may also have convinced her clients that there may be some factual basis for their recovered memories.

It is my understanding that Michael Gillum helped Aaron Fisher to recover some of his memories of his abuse. Based on what I observed when Gillum testfied at the PCRA evidentiary hearing and what he has written, I think Gillum actually believes what he recovered in Fisher's repressed memory sessions is factual.

To be clear, I think that recovered memories learned in repressed memory therapy are totally unreliable. The methods have been thoroughly debunked. I think it is imperative that Judge Cleland allows evidence of repressed/recovered memories to come into Sandusky's PCRA hearings including an in-camera review of therapy notes from therapist who saw accusers and used repressed/recovered memory techniques in their sessions with them.
I find it incredibly amazing that repressed/recovered memory can be used in trials, but lie detector tests are not. Which method actually has some science to it while the other is psychiatric mumbo-jumbo?

So Mr. 'It's all about the truth' Ziegler, who has long claimed that victims said what people wanted to hear in exchange for money, is now himself offering to say what people want to hear in exchange for money.......

OK. So it looks like I might have been slightly off target with my first interpretation. So, I shall try again.

Ziegler claims to have evidence of possible fraud and ethical violations, but he can't/won't release the evidence because it was obtained illegally.

So we are hanging our PSU hats of exoneration on illegal evidence?

Two wrongs don't make a right, but three lefts do.

OK. So it looks like I might have been slightly off target with my first interpretation. So, I shall try again.

Ziegler claims to have evidence of possible fraud and ethical violations, but he can't/won't release the evidence because it was obtained illegally.

So we are hanging our PSU hats of exoneration on illegal evidence?

Two wrongs don't make a right, but three lefts do.
why is it illegal? CBS, ABC today show etc, all go 'undercover' to report stuff, why cant JZ? I saw Today show going something about weddings and how if its a wedding, the photographer, cater, etc will all charge more for a 'wedding' than a birthday party etc. They didn't agree to be taped or anything, so why cant JZ do this?? He's a news guy.

ADVERTISEMENT