ADVERTISEMENT

Zack Ryder....

billrag

Jan 25, 2011
Not sure that I've seen this posted here. If it's old news, moderators can feel free to delete and other posters can feel free to pick on me. ;) Copy and paste from a NY Wrestling News article.........

In a story that has been circulating across the twittersphere and was formally reported by The Wrestling Room's Pat Mineo, it has been confirmed by the family that 5x NYS Finalist/4x Champion/2022 UWW U17 World Freestyle Bronze Medalist, ZACK RYDER, will FOREGO his senior season at Minisink Valley to get an early jump on preparing for his collegiate career as a member of the Penn State Nittany Lion dynasty!!!
Citing a desire to ensure the best interests of their child, both on and off of the wrestling mat, Patriarch and Matriach, Darren & Laura [Ryder] shared with NYWN that their son will be relocating to State College to train full-time with the NLWC!!!
While there remains a "few pieces to the puzzle" that are yet to be connected, the family is strong in their conviction that this move was a necessary one in order to foster universal growth!!!
Referencing topics such as culture, camaraderie, and faith as foundational elements at the center of this decision, the Ryder clan could not of spoken more highly of the experience that Zack has enjoyed since transitioning his training to the David Taylor led M2 camp in February...
Securing his berth back to the UWW "Cadet" Worlds last night when he swept the best-of-3 series (4-1, 10-0) in the 80kg weight class over De'Alcapon Veazy, Ryder will go hunting for gold when he travels to Istanbul, Turkey this coming July....
Regarded as the #4 overall national prospect in the class of 2024 by Willie Saylor/MatScouts, and #6 by FloWrestling, Ryder will follow in the path of current, former, and/or future PSU greats such as Nick Lee (5x All-American/2x NCAA Champion), Levi Haines (2023 NCAA runner-up as a freshman), and Tyler Kasak (2022 UWW U17 Silver medalist who just made the U20 World Team last night), who all chose to sacrifice their scholastic swan songs to concentrate on more ambitious future objectives!!
As proclaimed in our article announcing his verbal to Happy Valley this past October:
"Since accepting the reins in State College in April of 2009, Sanderson and his staff has turned the wrestling room into "Upper-weight, USA"...
Boasting 18 individual National Champs, 7 national runners-up, and 39 All-Americans in whole from 174-285, there has been no better an environment for greatness to be pursued for a student-athlete of Ryder's talent and bulk!"
So no one can or should question the wisdom of the family's choice!

We're not going to pick on you for that. But we are going to pick on you for misspelling Zack's name in the subject line!;)
giphy.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Hotshoe and mcpat
We're not going to pick on you for that. But we are going to pick on you for misspelling Zack's name in the subject line!;)
giphy.gif

Crap, I thought I had gotten it right. I guess checking first or reading the article would have been too much work. For what it's worth, mispelling athlete's names is one of my pet peeves, so I have no excuse. I did go back and edit it so I wouldn't appear as lazy or stupid though. ;)

Good. Now, let's see if Sealy makes the same decision. Just send them to collegiate Opens and UWW U20 FS tournaments the next two years.
Is Sealey a PA resident?

I think a big factor in getting guys here early is to get their out of state tuition lowered.

Good. Now, let's see if Sealy makes the same decision. Just send them to collegiate Opens and UWW U20 FS tournaments the next two years.
I guess. Personally, I’d be happy if they all compete for State College High instead, but I suppose Brock Bronson and maybe even the PIAA may think otherwise.

Few things about Ryder:
1. He's apparently only like 175 and wrestles 189 for the challenge. He's pretty built and might not grow much though, definitely think we can rule out 197
2. He plays other sports right now and doesn't focus on wrestling year round
3. Extremely young for his grade (hence why he is U17 eligible after junior year)
4. He's shut down some very good offensive wrestlers (Mirasola, Sinclair) Cenzo might be a great comparison for him.

Last edited:
I hope Sealey goes the M2/NLWC route as well but if not I think Wyoming Sem is the next best option. Having both him and Lilledahl there is nice and they can still get workouts in at M2

2. He plays other sports right now and doesn't focus on wrestling year round
I believe he is a full-timer

You might be confusing him with his teammate/training partner, Ethan Gallo, who is a three-sport star at Minisink Valley!

Last edited:
giphy.gif
Yeah, well, I made Carbonara last night with cheddar and sausage. Lmao! A saucier makes everything taste better.

Last edited:
Reactions: 82bordeaux
I was wondering why so many Iowa posters have such a salty disposition. I am of the opinion that Gobblin, Grip 220 and Ironbird all have mud in their tires.

Wrestling champ Zack Ryder leaving Minisink Valley for elite club program near Penn State​

Zack seems like a quality young man. I am consistently impressed with the young men Cael recruits. This is just the latest of many articles and videos that are a great promotion for David and M2. He is building a juggernaut of a club and Penn State wrestling is and will continue to be the recipient of what David is accomplishing with M2.

Reactions: danoftw and Ja1339
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT