ADVERTISEMENT

You heard it here first, we WILL beat OSU this year!

No, that was a tight game last year. And it could be a tight game again this year. It could also be a blowout. You just never know with these two teams.

When OSU won the BCS championship back in 2002, I had tickets to the OSU/PSU game in Columbus that year. It was a crazy game, pretty much everyone was on their feet the entire game, and the 'Shoe was literally vibrating. The final score was 13-7. In 2014, it was a 2OT game.

As far as the teams this year are concerned, I know that PSU is on the way back up. At the same time, if OSU is playing anywhere near the level they reached at the end of last year, you guys will have a hard time keeping up. Plus, you'll be in our house this year.

I wish I could have gotten some tickets to this game. I had it circled on the calendar, and tried to buy some, but you can't find group tickets for under $250. There are some single seats with poor visibility, and they're $150+.

Reasonable comments kybuckeye2. Who knows at this point?

Am definitely NOT wishing harm to any players.

However, last season PSU lost their most experienced lineman and highly ranked TE at the beginning of the season. Both were key parts of the offense, which had to be drastically modified. That had an impact on every game, because those loses definitely effected our strengths AND our game plans. This year, the team will hopefully be healthy and the extra experience, new players and other strengths will produce much better results.

Consider that OSU thought they were set at QB last season... several times.

OSU flipped through 3 QBs last season, due to injuries. It was an amazing season, that the team was able to do as well as they did. Hope no Buckeyes get bit by the injury bug, like they did last season. but it can happen and change the outlooks for single games or the season.

Reactions: kybuckeye2
As far as the teams this year are concerned, I know that PSU is on the way back up. At the same time, if OSU is playing anywhere near the level they reached at the end of last year, you guys will have a hard time keeping up. Plus, you'll be in our house this year.

I do wish that some PSU folk would temper their opinions here --- if we went into Columbus and lost, say, 34-10, that does NOT mean our 2015 season is a failure. At this point, it's what I expect. But regardless of the score in Columbus, success for PSU in 2015 does not come down to one game.

As you said, if OSU is playing at the level they played against Wisky, Alabama and Oregon --- well, not many college teams can keep up. Maybe only 3-5 teams (the likes of TCU, Baylor and Alabama) in all of college football could "keep up" on any sort of regular basis.

Beating Michigan State is my "stretch goal" as regards success for Penn State in 2015. It's somewhat realistic, and ideally that game will be like our 2013 finale against Wisconsin.

But beating Ohio State? That's not even a "stretch goal" --- it's just not really realistic. IMHO. You guys look to be DAMN DAMN good in '15.

Can you pin this thread so I can get a good laugh on 10/18? Thanks. :)
kybuckeye: I definitely will pin this thread back on 10/18. Now tell the truth, do you think your Buckeye's legitimately won last years game? I know that question is what a losing team person would ask, but even the refs admitted blowing that game! When a team is at the top of the heap, EVERY team you play is out to knock you off and pull an upset. Urban Meyer has done a good job to beat the teams he is supposed to beat, but it only takes 1 wrong bounce of the ball sometimes to lose. This Penn State team is not intimidated by OSU, and that 63-14 shellacking of a few years ago was incentive to play to win. Remember when we beat you by the same score in 1994? What goes around, comes around! So laugh all you want, but getting cocky about it will just make revenge sweeter!

No, that was a tight game last year. And it could be a tight game again this year. It could also be a blowout. You just never know with these two teams.

It was a tight game in 2014.

But I always have wondered ...... "what if" Meyer went "full, all-out, 100% absolute Tressel-Ball" in the 2nd half? Sort of like JT did in your 2007 win in Ann Arbor vs. Michigan.

So instead of a pass on 3rd-and-6 and a Zettel pick six ....... JT Barrett runs for 3 yards, OSU punts, and PSU starts a drive at their own 25.

PSU honestly did nothing offensively in the game prior to the last drive. If Meyer literally NEVER ran the ball in the 2nd half, OSU probably wins going away 24-3.

But I always have wondered ...... "what if" Meyer went "full, all-out, 100% absolute Tressel-Ball" in the 2nd half? Sort of like JT did in your 2007 win in Ann Arbor vs. Michigan.

So instead of a pass on 3rd-and-6 and a Zettel pick six ....... JT Barrett runs for 3 yards, OSU punts, and PSU starts a drive at their own 25.

PSU honestly did nothing offensively in the game prior to the last drive. If Meyer literally NEVER ran the ball in the 2nd half, OSU probably wins going away 24-3.
No team or coach is invincible and will eventually get knocked off at some point. Perhaps OSU overlooked Penn State the same way they did VT the year before, but a top team needs to play at it's peak at all times to keep winning. A tough proposition for most!

kybuckeye: I definitely will pin this thread back on 10/18. Now tell the truth, do you think your Buckeye's legitimately won last years game? I know that question is what a losing team person would ask, but even the refs admitted blowing that game! When a team is at the top of the heap, EVERY team you play is out to knock you off and pull an upset. Urban Meyer has done a good job to beat the teams he is supposed to beat, but it only takes 1 wrong bounce of the ball sometimes to lose. This Penn State team is not intimidated by OSU, and that 63-14 shellacking of a few years ago was incentive to play to win. Remember when we beat you by the same score in 1994? What goes around, comes around! So laugh all you want, but getting cocky about it will just make revenge sweeter!
Friend, I'm not getting cocky. I believe it was you who guaranteed a PSU win in Columbus this fall. I'm not saying that we will, but seeing as we look to have a stronger team this year than last, I think it's a pretty good stretch for you to make that claim. But if you're going to go out on that limb, at least allow me the opportunity to have the last laugh if it goes the other way. And if PSU does pull out the win, I will come on here and offer my congratulations. Fair enough?

Friend, I'm not getting cocky. I believe it was you who guaranteed a PSU win in Columbus this fall. I'm not saying that we will, but seeing as we look to have a stronger team this year than last, I think it's a pretty good stretch for you to make that claim. But if you're going to go out on that limb, at least allow me the opportunity to have the last laugh if it goes the other way. And if PSU does pull out the win, I will come on here and offer my congratulations. Fair enough?

In fairness to KY, it's always difficult to beat a team twice in a row, so that will impact PSU's chances of winning again this year.

Reactions: T J and Jerademan74
KyBuckeye: Fair Enough. Also, if OSU wins, I will come onto your board and congratulate you!

KyBuckeye: Fair Enough. Also, if OSU wins, I will come onto your board and congratulate you!
Thanks, but I'll save you the trouble on that one. Our board is pay-per-view only, and I'm too cheap for that. There are other free boards, like Eleven Warriors, so that I don't feel the need to shell out coin.

Besides, I'd much rather see you post your congratulations in this thread. ;)

In fairness to KY, it's always difficult to beat a team twice in a row, so that will impact PSU's chances of winning again this year.
Not to put too fine a point on it, but while it's been difficult for PSU to beat OSU twice in a row, the opposite is not true. OSU has won back-to-back games in 1975-76, 1995-96, 2002-04, 2006-07, 2009-10 (vacated), 2012-14. The only back-to-back PSU wins in consecutive seasons were in 1963-64.

Not to put too fine a point on it, but while it's been difficult for PSU to beat OSU twice in a row, the opposite is not true. OSU has won back-to-back games in 1975-76, 1995-96, 2002-04, 2006-07, 2009-10 (vacated), 2012-14. The only back-to-back PSU wins in consecutive seasons were in 1963-64.

Well, if that's the case, then I'm doubly glad that OSU didn't win last year.

Thanks, but I'll save you the trouble on that one. Our board is pay-per-view only, and I'm too cheap for that. There are other free boards, like Eleven Warriors, so that I don't feel the need to shell out coin.

Besides, I'd much rather see you post your congratulations in this thread. ;)

Eleven Warriors, though I do not read it, has a pretty good rep for scooping the opposition. They are quoted a lot on the local media.

And I'm with you. I gotta get a lot to join a pay site. So far, I've not found one.

Eleven Warriors, though I do not read it, has a pretty good rep for scooping the opposition. They are quoted a lot on the local media.

And I'm with you. I gotta get a lot to join a pay site. So far, I've not found one.
11W is the go-to site for tOSU news, IMO.

I'll be honest.....I expect both teams to play well. The game is at home, at night and the crowd will be energized and the kids and coaching staff enthused. If both teams play up to their capabilities, we're deeper and more talented in more spots playing at home and are quite comfortable playing in big games on the biggest of stages, I expect a convincing Buckeye victory.

That said, stuff happens and PSU has plenty of talent and is quite capable of coming away with an upset.....that;s why they play the games. Good luck to your boys this year. I'll be rooting for them.....

I don't see Meyer ever adopting a TresselBall style, unless his QB gets knocked out the game or something like that (oh wait, never mind!!). He will live or die playing to win, not to avoid losing. I think OSU came out somewhat flat in the second half and the pick six had the dual effect of rattling Barrett and energizing the PSU team and fans. To his credit, Barrett seemed to be a different player in OT than he was through most of the second half, but that was a battle and PSU fought to the bitter end.

I agree that it helps OSU and the conference for all of the teams to play well and win, and a matchup of two undefeated teams would create a lot of excitement and be a great atmosphere...even if neither team is really playing anybody leading up to that matchup!

If so...this would be regarded as one of the greatest upsets in Penn State history. Preseason Polls have OSU #1...PSU not even in the top 25...considering "IF" we go 6-0 heading into the game and of course most likely OSU is undefeated and still #1 in Country...maybe by game time we break into the top 25? Our schedule is weak...

So again...a PSU Team "possibly" in the top 25 ( somewhere #20-25) and OSU #1 and at home...it would be...no doubt...the biggest upset we have ever had just looking at rankings...

Goal..keep it close...

I don't see Meyer ever adopting a TresselBall style, unless his QB gets knocked out the game or something like that (oh wait, never mind!!). He will live or die playing to win, not to avoid losing. I think OSU came out somewhat flat in the second half and the pick six had the dual effect of rattling Barrett and energizing the PSU team and fans. To his credit, Barrett seemed to be a different player in OT than he was through most of the second half, but that was a battle and PSU fought to the bitter end.

I agree that it helps OSU and the conference for all of the teams to play well and win, and a matchup of two undefeated teams would create a lot of excitement and be a great atmosphere...even if neither team is really playing anybody leading up to that matchup!
I expect both teams to be 6-0 when we meet, but stranger things have happened. Regardless, Vegas would likely have OSU favored by something close to 10 points or more based on perceived talent disparities. The entire point of my OP was that talent disparities and last years records mean little when 1 team wants the win more than the other and plays like it. My expectations are that this will be a well played game by both teams and the national spotlight will help further boost an already rising B1G image!

Reactions: tbux
To answer Jeraeman's question above, "Yes, OSU won the game against PSU last year." It's also true that there were some blown calls that would have impacted the game if called correctly. But that doesn't mean one team or another would have won. The calls would have changed how the game was played by both teams so you can't extrapolate the final results based on the calls or lack of calls.

Every team over the course of a season has games where the refs make calls for or against them. The better teams take advantage when things are called in their favor and overcome when they don't. The lesser teams do the reverse.

So get upset all you want about individual calls, but it is a bit ridiculous to be obsessed about them a year (or many years later), and assume that the game would have ended any differently.

As far as to whether PSU can beat OSU this year? I wouldn't expect it like the OP but it is entirely possible. While I said in the above post the calls that went against you wouldn't guarantee a victory if called correctly, but despit the calls PSU played well enough to go into overtime.

A lot of people are assuming that OSU has enough talent to win by showing up. There's talent but not enough to just show up. People also assume that this season will just be a repeat of what we saw in the Big Championship and playoffs. That was a team that peaked at the perfect time.

My expectation this year is that the Buckeyes will be better the first half of the season than they were during last season, but a step down from where they were in the post-season. Then the second half of the season will be based on whether they peak at the right time again.

The N. Lions are talented enough to beat the Buckeyes if they play close to their potential or the Buckeyes don't play to theirs.

I don't see Meyer ever adopting a TresselBall style, unless his QB gets knocked out the game or something like that (oh wait, never mind!!). He will live or die playing to win, not to avoid losing. I think OSU came out somewhat flat in the second half and the pick six had the dual effect of rattling Barrett and energizing the PSU team and fans.

That's true about Meyer likely never adopting TresselBall.

One thing I forgot about, I just looked at the full-game replay on YouTube just now ....... after the Zettel Pick Six, Ohio State held PSU to negative total yards (!!!) over the game's next 15 minutes. OSU got the ball up 17-7, 14:00 left, at mid-field, and on 1st-and-10 Barrett threw the ball but didn't see Mike Hull drop back into coverage. INT Hull, returned to the OSU 40, and PSU drove for a TD after starting in extremely good field position.

I guess hindsight is 20-20, but I forgot that OSU's D had taken away the PSU momentum immediately after the Zettel Pick Six ...... and PSU didn't get momentum again until another Ohio State pass play.

Full of $hit as usual, PSU out-gained tO$U 160-80 in 2nd Half, out 1st Downed tO$U 13-5 and outscored them 17-0 in the 2nd Half. The only one of those stats impacted by AZ's pick-6 is the score. PSU thoroughly outplayed tO$U on both sides of the ball in the second half, so how you figure tO$U wins 23-3 is typical of your "I'm a PSU fan, but try to take credit away from them every chance I get" bull$hit - especially laughable given that PSU held tO$U to an average drive of 18.5 yards and 5.5 plays for the day and tO$U's longest drive was 54 yards in the 1st half where tO$U was gifted a 49 yard FG that was kicked some 4 full seconds after the play clock expired (doubtful they even try a 54 yarder as they would have given up a ton of field position with a miss). Oh yea, 10 of tO$U's 17 points involved b1g turd aided officiating, but according to you they should have won the game 23-3 without AZ's pick-6 despite PSU outplaying tO$U badly even without the pick-6 in the 2nd Half??? You are full of more $hit then a cesspool.

Reactions: Judge Smails
Boy, I sure hope Hack doesn't get a late hit after the whistle blew, the play dead, with the official looking straight at it (no penalty) that wobbled him in the first quarter in the 63-14 loss. Hum, please tell me again about BIG officiating, I want to barf. I know that had nothing to do with the outcome. That was after the big effort to protect the quarterback unless its ours. If somebody can bring that play up I'd love to see it again. Can't access it for 2-3 weeks. Think my memory serves me correctly. Southern Lion, can you find that play. Thanks.

Full of $hit as usual, PSU out-gained tO$U 160-80 in 2nd Half, out 1st Downed tO$U 13-5 and outscored them 17-0 in the 2nd Half. The only one of those stats impacted by AZ's pick-6 is the score. PSU thoroughly outplayed tO$U on both sides of the ball in the second half, so how you figure tO$U wins 23-3 is typical of your "I'm a PSU fan, but try to take credit away from them every chance I get" bull$hit - especially laughable given that PSU held tO$U to an average drive of 18.5 yards and 5.5 plays for the day and tO$U's longest drive was 54 yards in the 1st half where tO$U was gifted a 49 yard FG that was kicked some 4 full seconds after the play clock expired (doubtful they even try a 54 yarder as they would have given up a ton of field position with a miss). Oh yea, 10 of tO$U's 17 points involved b1g turd aided officiating, but according to you they should have won the game 23-3 without AZ's pick-6 despite PSU outplaying tO$U badly even without the pick-6 in the 2nd Half??? You are full of more $hit then a cesspool.

Oh excellent --- it's Bushwood again!!!!

Here's a statistic: Penn State had negative yards offensively for the first 16:30 of the 2nd half. NEGATIVE!

Please explain, in 100 words or less, how that fact fits with your narrative of "PSU thoroughly outplayed OSU on both sides of the ball in the second half"?

Boy, I sure hope Hack doesn't get a late hit after the whistle blew, the play dead, with the official looking straight at it (no penalty) that wobbled him in the first quarter in the 63-14 loss.

28:10 mark of the attached.

I know this sounds crazy, but I think Hack can have the best game of his career and beat the Buckeyes IN THIER OWN STADIUM. Our Defense is strong enough to slow their Offense down and allow Hack to throw a game winning last second TD! We should have beat them last year, and WILL this year!

Given a fair field the Lions can win. We'll see if it is officiated fairly¿

Oh excellent --- it's Bushwood again!!!!

Here's a statistic: Penn State had negative yards offensively for the first 16:30 of the 2nd half. NEGATIVE!

Please explain, in 100 words or less, how that fact fits with your narrative of "PSU thoroughly outplayed OSU on both sides of the ball in the second half"?

You really are a moron - what do I mean they outplayed them? I mean that PSU had 165 total offensive yards in the second half versus tO$U's 80 offensive yards. I mean PSU's 13 1st Downs in the 2nd Half to tO$U's 5 1st Downs in the 2nd Half. And finally, I mean PSU outscoring tO$U 17-0 in the 2nd Half. BTW, your full of $hit with your yardage totals - here is a link that summarizes every drive:

http://espn.go.com/ncf/drivechart?gameId=400547985

PSU only had 3 possessions in the 3rd Qtr - the first possession was a 3-and-out where CH was sacked on 3rd down. PSU was driving the ball on the 2nd possession, had picked up 32 yards on 6 plays and had taken the ball into tO$U territory. On the 7th play CH threw an INT on a 2nd down play. PSU went 3-and-out on their next possession - only 1 play was run in 3rd Qtr. But your stats about PSU having "NEBATIVE!" yardage for the first 16:30 of the 2nd Half is WRONG! BTW, dip$hit, tO$U had 4 full possessions in the 3rd Qtr (twice as many as PSU) -- tO$U also went 3-and-Out in two of those (giving up the "ultimate" negative yardage on the first, pick-6 and ending up with -8 yards on the other 3rd period 3-&-out. On the other 2 3rd Qtr possessions, they had a 5 play 16 yard drive and a 12 play 47 yard drive neither of which resulted in points. tO$U had twice as many possessions in the 3rd Qtr due to AZ's pick-6, so what? tO$U gained a grand total of 59 yards on 4 possessions (an average of ~15 yards per possession) on a total of 23 plays (or approximately 5 plays per 3rd Qtr possession and 2.5 yards per play). PSU ended up having 4 possessions in the 4th Qtr versus tO$U's 3. PSU gained 140 yards in those 4th Qtr possessions - tO$U gained 21 yards in their 3 4th Qtr possessions. PSU scored. PSU also outscored tO$U 10-0 in the Quarter.

In summary, your full of $hit about your "NEGATIVE!" yardage bull$hit as the attached Drive Summary proves. Beyond that, your stat is "selective" in that PSU only had 2 drives and 1 play of a third possession in the 3rd Qtr due to AZ's pick-6 and then throwing an INT of their own after a drive where they had moved the ball 32 yards and into tO$U territory. So what, tO$U had the ball twice as much in the 3rd Qtr and generated a lot of offensive futility - so what? Last time I checked the 4th Qtr is part of the 2nd Half and PSU dominated the entire quarter putting up more than 7 times more yardage than tO$U and outscoring them in the Half and 4th Quarter 17-0 and 10-0 respectively! You really are a dip$hit, not only wrong in your claims, but then spout bull$hit about how tO$U should have won 23-3 which is beyond bull$hit given that 10 of their 17 total points were massively aided by cheating b1g turd officials.

You really are a moron - what do I mean they outplayed them? I mean that PSU had 165 total offensive yards in the second half versus tO$U's 80 offensive yards. I mean PSU's 13 1st Downs in the 2nd Half to tO$U's 5 1st Downs in the 2nd Half. And finally, I mean PSU outscoring tO$U 17-0 in the 2nd Half. BTW, your full of $hit with your yardage totals - here is a link that summarizes every drive:

http://espn.go.com/ncf/drivechart?gameId=400547985

PSU only had 3 possessions in the 3rd Qtr - the first possession was a 3-and-out where CH was sacked on 3rd down. PSU was driving the ball on the 2nd possession, had picked up 32 yards on 6 plays and had taken the ball into tO$U territory. On the 7th play CH threw an INT on a 2nd down play. PSU went 3-and-out on their next possession - only 1 play was run in 3rd Qtr. But your stats about PSU having "NEBATIVE!" yardage for the first 16:30 of the 2nd Half is WRONG! BTW, dip$hit, tO$U had 4 full possessions in the 3rd Qtr (twice as many as PSU) -- tO$U also went 3-and-Out in two of those (giving up the "ultimate" negative yardage on the first, pick-6 and ending up with -8 yards on the other 3rd period 3-&-out. On the other 2 3rd Qtr possessions, they had a 5 play 16 yard drive and a 12 play 47 yard drive neither of which resulted in points. tO$U had twice as many possessions in the 3rd Qtr due to AZ's pick-6, so what? tO$U gained a grand total of 59 yards on 4 possessions (an average of ~15 yards per possession) on a total of 23 plays (or approximately 5 plays per 3rd Qtr possession and 2.5 yards per play). PSU ended up having 4 possessions in the 4th Qtr versus tO$U's 3. PSU gained 140 yards in those 4th Qtr possessions - tO$U gained 21 yards in their 3 4th Qtr possessions. PSU scored. PSU also outscored tO$U 10-0 in the Quarter.

In summary, your full of $hit about your "NEGATIVE!" yardage bull$hit as the attached Drive Summary proves. Beyond that, your stat is "selective" in that PSU only had 2 drives and 1 play of a third possession in the 3rd Qtr due to AZ's pick-6 and then throwing an INT of their own after a drive where they had moved the ball 32 yards and into tO$U territory. So what, tO$U had the ball twice as much in the 3rd Qtr and generated a lot of offensive futility - so what? Last time I checked the 4th Qtr is part of the 2nd Half and PSU dominated the entire quarter putting up more than 7 times more yardage than tO$U and outscoring them in the Half and 4th Quarter 17-0 and 10-0 respectively! You really are a dip$hit, not only wrong in your claims, but then spout bull$hit about how tO$U should have won 23-3 which is beyond bull$hit given that 10 of their 17 total points were massively aided by cheating b1g turd officials.

Bushwood, your reply gets an F, because of failure to follow directions!! This is not "in 100 words or less"!

As for PSU having negative offensive yards in the first 16:30 of the second half --- look at the play-by-play. Penalty yardage on the defense does not get included as yards for the offense!!!!

We will also beat OSU

because

we play the Cowboys 10/3/15!
Next%20Big%2012%20Champs_zpsq91cjk2r.png

Bushwood, your reply gets an F, because of failure to follow directions!! This is not "in 100 words or less"!

As for PSU having negative offensive yards in the first 16:30 of the second half --- look at the play-by-play. Penalty yardage on the defense does not get included as yards for the offense!!!!

You get an M for moron as usual -- given that penalties you referenced were for Pass Interference and Roughing the Passer....and had no impact on PSU's complete domination of tO$U in the 2nd Half putting up 13 1st Downs to tO$U's 5 for the entire 2nd Half and outscoring tO$U 17-0 and massively outgaining tO$U on 7 possessions each in 2nd Half.....we'll just label your bull$hit about tO$U outplaying PSU in the 2nd Half and should have won 23-3 for the ABSURD AND UTTERLY WRONG BULL$HIT that it is. Gee, could you keep giving us some more of your "I'm a PSU fan" bull$hit as you try to discredit PSU who CLEARLY AND UNDENIABLY outplayed tO$U in the 2nd Half except to a half-wit troll such as yourself. Done with you and your stupidity @sshole. Keep telling yourself how right you are with your "tO$U should have won 23-3" despite the statistics saying the DIAMETRIC OPPOSITE -- all of the offensive statistics INCLUDING THE SCOREBOARD you raving f'ing douche moron.

You get an M for moron as usual -- given that penalties you referenced were for Pass Interference and Roughing the Passer....and had no impact on PSU's complete domination of tO$U in the 2nd Half putting up 13 1st Downs to tO$U's 5 for the entire 2nd Half and outscoring tO$U 17-0 and massively outgaining tO$U on 7 possessions each in 2nd Half.....we'll just label your bull$hit about tO$U outplaying PSU in the 2nd Half and should have won 23-3 for the ABSURD AND UTTERLY WRONG BULL$HIT that it is. Gee, could you keep giving us some more of your "I'm a PSU fan" bull$hit as you try to discredit PSU who CLEARLY AND UNDENIABLY outplayed tO$U in the 2nd Half except to a half-wit troll such as yourself. Done with you and your stupidity @sshole. Keep telling yourself how right you are with your "tO$U should have won 23-3" despite the statistics saying the DIAMETRIC OPPOSITE -- all of the offensive statistics INCLUDING THE SCOREBOARD you raving f'ing douche moron.

Hmmmm ..... how does that work? Joey Bosa commits a roughing the passer penalty on Hackenberg --- Hackenberg gets an additional 15 passing yards on his stats?

Your theory intrigues me Bushwood --- how can I subscribe to your newsletter?

Reactions: Nosoj
Penn State is 2-1 in Columbus the last 4 games. Wins in 2008 and 2011, loss in 2013, and 2010 was vacated.
And no, I didn't "read it here first" - I said it a couple of weeks ago on another thread. I said that I predicted that the officials would finally be fair for one of these games. (No evidence to support that - I guess I just feel that we're "due".) I got ridiculed pretty badly for it. (To be fair, I've ridiculed people for worse, so I don't mind.) But like someone else pointed out, we win 17-7 last year with fair referees. Maybe 24-7. (Who knows how that first drive would have ended, if the replay boot was working properly?) And in the thread about Ohio State wearing black jerseys that night, I said that I hoped their pants were black, too, because of all the sh!t stains in their pants by halftime.
Whoever I was debating a few weeks ago on here, this was exactly my point! ;)

17-7, 24-7, you might as well say 107-7. It's all speculation to create a fantasy result. The bottom line is PSU wasn't good enough to overcome some bad calls.

The score was basically 0-0 at the start of overtime.

If you were truly the better team, the more dominating team, you would have won in overtime.

17-7, 24-7, you might as well say 107-7. It's all speculation to create a fantasy result. The bottom line is PSU wasn't good enough to overcome some bad calls.

The score was basically 0-0 at the start of overtime.

If you were truly the better team, the more dominating team, you would have won in overtime.
Well, the refs controlled that also. The questionable call on Hull's jumping on an OLmans back in an attempt to block the extra point gave OSU the ball on the 15 yard line to start the last OT. How many obstacles can 1 team endure when we are playing against 2 teams at once (OSU and the refs)? There will be no excuses this year, may the truly best team win!

all the calls are questionable when you lose. As a fan I've been there too. A bunch of could'as and would'as, and how it was so unfair.

Sure, an advantage to OSU getting the ball on the 15. It was still,up to the PSU defense to stop OSU, and score a tying touchdown the next time they got the ball.

I know this sounds crazy, but I think Hack can have the best game of his career and beat the Buckeyes IN THIER OWN STADIUM. Our Defense is strong enough to slow their Offense down and allow Hack to throw a game winning last second TD! We should have beat them last year, and WILL this year!

There is a non-zero chance that anything will happen. But this is not going to happen.

I agree that we have a good defense and that Hackenberg always has the potential for a good game. But it's not clear that is nearly enough to win at OSU this year.

all the calls are questionable when you lose. As a fan I've been there too. A bunch of could'as and would'as, and how it was so unfair.

Sure, an advantage to OSU getting the ball on the 15. It was still,up to the PSU defense to stop OSU, and score a tying touchdown the next time they got the ball.
No question that it was still up to Penn State to stop OSU from the 15 and then tie or win with a TD and extra point(s). Also, there was no doubt that OSU was the better team and should have won on paper. Penn State has been on the winning side of these types of games, just ask any older Nebraska fans about our series with them back in the late 70's and 80's. As a Penn State fan, the events of the past 3 years have been devastating over the JS scandal and a the actions (or inactions of our gutless BOT's) and the NCAA and Joe's death! Despite all these disappointments, Penn State had a chance to have beaten the team that went on to become the MNC. That was quite an accomplishment even in defeat. We are starting to reload now and the talent disparity won't be so great this coming season. That is why I feel Penn State will win this coming season. If not, it won't be without the fight of this young teams lives!

tO$U started their 2nd OT possession at the 12 as a result of the completely fabricated "Leaping" Personal Foul call (and video demonstrates that Hull without question jumped off the ground without touching any other offensive player - again, the video clearly demonstrates that the call was completely made up nonsense).

tO$U started their 2nd OT possession at the 12 as a result of the completely fabricated "Leaping" Personal Foul call (and video demonstrates that Hull without question jumped off the ground without touching any other offensive player - again, the video clearly demonstrates that the call was completely made up nonsense).
The "leaping" call was pretty weird, but I don't think it was made up. I just think we haven't seen it called against PSU before. I'm sure crews have botched other games with that ridiculous call. It's one of those things that should definitely not be called in that situation, or ever.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT