ADVERTISEMENT

Yellowstone lodging recommendations please!

emertmakeshiteup

Feb 27, 2019
All four children, spouses and 9.X grandchildren (12-2) visiting in June. Main lodge is already full. Camping four of the approximate 10 days. Thank you!

Used to stay at the Lions Head Super 8 just outside of West Yellowstone. No it is not fancy, but how much time do you plan to spend there when the park and the areas around it are right nearby ?
It has on site laundry. There used to be two trout ponds near the laundry. I was able to fish while doing my laundry.

Plan on spending most of your time in the park? Or travelling the area and need a base?
My wife and I need the base camp (lol)! I'm no wall flower, as spent nine months on Cambodia and VN jungle floor, plus we have tent camped dozens of times when the children were young, however, not sure if the better half wants tenting four or more days now.

Have stayed many times at the Comfort Inn in Gardiner. Have their own pub, which you don't often see. Also, a guide friend of mine has a b&b a few miles outside West Yellowstone. Beautiful place. Try westyellowstoneb&b.com.

All four children, spouses and 9.X grandchildren (12-2) visiting in June. Main lodge is already full. Camping four of the approximate 10 days. Thank you!
Might want to check out Flagg Ranch in Wyoming. Great place to use as a base of operations. Has cabins for rent, along with a campground and a lodge with rooms, restaurant and general store. Located along banks of the Snake River equidistant between south entrance to Yellowstone and Jenny Lake in Grand Teton NP. Spent 6 nights there several years ago. Would love to make it back there

Reactions: CoastGuard2018
West Yellowstone, Three Bears Inn. It’s not fancy but nice and they have their own restaurant, family style food.
Stayed at the Lodge in Jackson Hole back in 2013 and it was nice. Little bit of a drive up to Yellowstone but we spent about a week exploring it and another 4-5 in the Grand Tetons. Was my favorite vacation ever.

Reactions: bkmtnittany1
We stayed at the Best Western Weston Inn in West Yellowstone two years ago. Hotel wasn’t anything special but it did have a hot breakfast buffet and met my wife’s primary criteria in that it was clean. West Yellowstone wasn’t what I would call a great town, but there some decent, not great places to eat and most were walkable from the Best Western. Park entrance is just east of there and couldn’t be more convenient. Would definitely stay there again if we ever go back.

If you do stay there, don’t bother trying to check in early. We got there a couple hours before the designated check in time and even the the entire hotel was deserted and rooms had obviously been already cleaned, we were told nicely, but firmly, that we couldn’t check in till 3.

We used VRBO to rent a cabin in Gardiner. The cabin had two bedrooms, kitchen and TV room. Each bedroom had two double beds. Rustic but clean place had all that we needed. Sounds like you may need a bigger place or 2 cabins.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT