ADVERTISEMENT

WrangleMania

BrockBronson

May 20, 2021
Great action thus far.
Watching NC State Smoke lock haven but the highlight was Noto and coach pop fighting. Not sure who was to blame but they were both out of line. I could imagine Coach Cael acting in that manner. The same fans who were out tailgating & drinking in the parking lot were in the stands fighting. It definitely turned into a clown show fast.

Noto might still be mad at them but still take the night road.

What is the background with NC State and Noto? He was there for the Covid year and then left for lock haven. What’s the bad blood about?

Last edited:
Reactions: apoharrow
Don’t worry, they probably won’t call him.

giphy.gif

Just got back from the event. Saw some decent duals. NC State/Nebby was probably the best. Very competitive matches with a pretty good level of activity. Rutgers/ASU was not so good. ASU sat Courtney, Norfleet and Schultz which made the match somewhat closer than it should have been. If I counted correctly, Rutgers had 4 or 5 takedowns for the entire dual. That's right. The entire team combined for 4 or 5 takedowns.

One has to wonder what's going on with Richie Figs. Is he just too small?

Soldano for Rutgers was fun to watch, but a better wrestler than the one he wrestled today probably would have caught and pinned him 5 or 6 times. Fun to watch, but sloppy as all getout.

Overall, a great job by Journeyman. The event ran very smoothly - each round of the four started right on time and high school all-star matches were used to fill the gaps between rounds. Mason Gibson wrestled one against Matt Gallagher and Mason lost. As noted PJ Duke won his in a tight one.

Just got back from the event. Saw some decent duals. NC State/Nebby was probably the best. Very competitive matches with a pretty good level of activity. Rutgers/ASU was not so good. ASU sat Courtney, Norfleet and Schultz which made the match somewhat closer than it should have been. If I counted correctly, Rutgers had 4 or 5 takedowns for the entire dual. That's right. The entire team combined for 4 or 5 takedowns.

Soldano for Rutgers was fun to watch, but a better wrestler than the one he wrestled today probably would have caught and pinned him 5 or 6 times. Fun to watch, but sloppy as all getout.

Overall, a great job by Journeyman. The event ran very smoothly - each round of the four started right on time and high school all-star matches were used to fill the gaps between rounds. Mason Gibson wrestled one against Matt Gallagher and Mason lost. As noted PJ Duke won his in a tight one.
I’m confused about your Richie Figs comment? He went today and beat Shawver who is pretty good. Otherwise he is just behind a national finalist. I’m sure he will get some matches this year but sitting behind Courtney is expected

I’m confused about your Richie Figs comment? He went today and beat Shawver who is pretty good. Otherwise he is just behind a national finalist. I’m sure he will get some matches this year but sitting behind Courtney is expected
He just didn't look very effective. Certainly not like a guy who was considered the best in his recruiting class going into senior year of high school.

Reactions: zzs006
What is the background with NC State and Noto? He was there for the Covid year and then left for lock haven. What’s the bad blood about?
Coach Pop is a shady dude. His way of "processing" kids who dont work out the way he wants is basically harassment. Noto is an example of this.

Great action thus far.
Watching NC State Smoke lock haven but the highlight was Noto and coach pop fighting. Not sure who was to blame but they were both out of line. I could imagine Coach Cael acting in that manner. The same fans who were out tailgating & drinking in the parking lot were in the stands fighting. It definitely turned into a clown show fast.

Noto might still be mad at them but still take the night road.
Can you expand upon the folks tailgating and drinking in the parking lot being the ones fighting? Did you see this and was it Notos family? I saw his dad made it to matside.

Max Gallagher....

Very good win for the NYer....

He was a Fargo Junior FS 5th; Super 32 5th...And is currently #12 in country!!!

Committed to UPenn!

In my rush to post, I forgot to say that the Lehigh/Oklahoma match packed the most "excitement" even if most of the wrestling was pretty dismal (there were a lot of matches where neither guy shot - at all). Down 17-13, Beard came out like he was still in a PSU singlet and got a quick tech fall. Then the new Hwt sqooshed the OK heavy and Lehigh went back across town 24-17 victors.

Thanks for the correction on Max Gallagher, Hofman19, I couldn't make out his name through the PA and didn't have time to look him up.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT