ADVERTISEMENT

Wow...Penn State opens as 10-point favorite against Iowa...bet up to 14

Is that accuweather?

I've had cause to follow weather reports extensively because I've had several personal events that took place outside over the last four weeks. I can tell you Accuweather was so inaccurate I quit paying attention. Sunday, I attended the Pirates game and Accuweather had it raining the entire day while the Weather channel had 40% chance with drizzel. It was drizzling pregame, cloudy at the start and beautiful blue skies by the 6th inning.

These people simply have no idea what they are doing more than 24 hours before the time. And I mean none of them.

Just checking now, weather channel calling for 62 & Cloudy with occasional rain at 57%. Accuweather is at 67 with rain probability of 25% chance of rain. I'd bet money that neither is accurate at this point (three days out)

It's from Weather Underground.

The weird thing is that they're calling for heavy rain in the afternoon, tapering off in the evening as per my post, and then picking up again around midnight. Maybe God gave the points too?

But seriously, you're right of course...these hour-by-hour forecasts fully three days out have limited value.

Reactions: Obliviax
It's from Weather Underground.

The weird thing is that they're calling for heavy rain in the afternoon, tapering off in the evening as per my post, and then picking up again around midnight. Maybe God gave the points too?

But seriously, you're right of course...these hour-by-hour forecasts fully three days out have limited value.
Looks like it is certain that the subtropical storm will be moving up the coast into the northeast. It seems like the forecast for State College is trending to perhaps just showers at worst and this thing stays east. Fingers crossed!!

Reactions: Jerry
It's right around 14 now at most books. I mean, I'm confident we'll win. But that's a lot of points to give against a team that looks like the favorite to win the West at this point.

Granted, best in the West is not an amazing achievement, but still.

After Iowa, it's clear sailing (Northwestern and Massachusetts) to the showdown in Columbus.
Fear not. everybody's favorite Davey Jones has it at 23-17 Iowa. Two picks of Allar, one fumble from the RBs and a special teams turnover.

Reactions: Jerry
I am kind of surprised given how poorly we played yesterday and how few of our faults can be corrected in a week's time. I am of the opinion that what we saw yesterday was on full display the previous two games but didn't fully manifest it itself because the level of competition was extremely low. The line isn't good. We have a rookie QB how looked below average against a Big Ten defense that isn't half as good as Iowa's. The defense is good but are consistently pushed around in the running game. So far we have been able to cover it up with bringing extra bodies. I haven't fully looked at Iowa but right now I would take them for the win based on what I have seen. They have the top tight end pair in the Big Ten. Probably the second best QB behind JJ McCarthy, solid backs, solid line and the best or second best defense in the league. Their biggest issue is the OC, and he isn't half as bad as John Donovan so there is that.
Another great call by Wallace!!! Nice work again.

Reactions: 94LionsFan
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT