ADVERTISEMENT

Would you be alright with 8-4?

PSU will finish 11-1 - you're only loss will be a close 3-point game to Jim and UM who will run the table and win the NC - take it to the bank. We start to roll this week after some minor adjustments during the bye week. Like I've said before, the B1G champion comes out of the UM-PSU game. OSU is the most overrated team in the country - look who've they have played. Nothing but cupcakes.

PSU will finish 11-1 - you're only loss will be a close 3-point game to Jim and UM who will run the table and win the NC - take it to the bank. We start to roll this week after some minor adjustments during the bye week. Like I've said before, the B1G champion comes out of the UM-PSU game. OSU is the most overrated team in the country - look who've they have played. Nothing but cupcakes.

QFT

I watched MSU today, and unless we develop some ability to seriously stretch the field, we are going to be forced to play Dantonio’s style of crap ball.
tOSU is a machine.
I don’t see us being able to beat either of those squads on the road with what I have seen so far.
Michigan obviously looked very beatable for us at home today.

The talent is obviously way too good for an 8-4 team. The defense is going to be top 10 caliber. The offense unfortunately..... We'll either see rapid improvement the next two weeks or 8-4 is probably dead-on as a prediction. PSU will be able to beat average teams with that defense alone. But they'll need an offense to beat good teams.

The talent is obviously way too good for an 8-4 team. The defense is going to be top 10 caliber. The offense unfortunately..... We'll either see rapid improvement the next two weeks or 8-4 is probably dead-on as a prediction. PSU will be able to beat average teams with that defense alone. But they'll need an offense to beat good teams.
This is the problem with a young roster, not so much on defense, but offense. You have to imagine a lot of practices involve developing players and getting them to understand the offense, whereas with a more veteran group, it’s mostly about refining things.
We lost a great QB, arguably our two best OL’s and a veteran NFL level RB. Our WR’s, other than Hamler, have not emerged as consistent threats and none of them really appear to be able to get 50:50 balls.
We will improve, but we don’t have a lot of time to do it.

Recruiting will be fine. The biggest misconception is that recruits care a tenth as much about results as we do. If we go 8-4 kids will see an opportunity to come in and play early on a team that has the ability to make the playoff. Sure, recruiting is easier when you're Bama or Clemson but we're not even close to that. Pretending we are is just creating unfair expectations.

Did people not watch the Pitt game? We aren't very good right now.

I completely disagree with your thoughts on recruiting. Recruits absolutely care about wins and losses and overall results. Recruits also care about what they see on the field. A perfect example is the 2020 recruiting class. Unfortunately the 2018 season did not go to plan and frankly, we did not look exciting on the field. The top recruits did take notice and committed elsewhere. Julian Fleming specifically said he wanted to go to Penn State but the lackluster results, coaching, and the underwhelming development of WR’s in 2018 pushed him to Ohio State.

This team is a lot better than 8-4

I agree, this is a 1 or 2 loss team based on talent alone. We have the talent, no question about that. It’s whether the talent is being developed and do we have the appropriate offensive and defensive game plans together.

I agree, this is a 1 or 2 loss team based on talent alone. We have the talent, no question about that. It’s whether the talent is being developed and do we have the appropriate offensive and defensive game plans together.

We don't know yet. We may find out next week.

It's hard to conclude much from the Pitt game or the two games before it.

This is the problem with a young roster, not so much on defense, but offense. You have to imagine a lot of practices involve developing players and getting them to understand the offense, whereas with a more veteran group, it’s mostly about refining things.
We lost a great QB, arguably our two best OL’s and a veteran NFL level RB. Our WR’s, other than Hamler, have not emerged as consistent threats and none of them really appear to be able to get 50:50 balls.
We will improve, but we don’t have a lot of time to do it.
Hamler needs to step it up. Lots of drops again this year.

looking at the team that played the last two games, it will have to evolve and improve quite a bit to get to 8-4. Md could easily beat this team Friday night.

Still waiting for that big Maryland second half comeback you called for a couple years ago, @blion72 .

Michigan on a roll . . .
tenor.gif

Wow. This won't get near the bank!

PSU just might pound the Wolverines this year, and if you really think they will come out of the 'shoe with a win,you have lost all bankability.

Wow. This won't get near the bank!

PSU just might pound the Wolverines this year, and if you really think they will come out of the 'shoe with a win,you have lost all bankability.

OSU fan in 2017: if you think there's a chance that OSU could lose to Iowa by 30 points, you have lost all bankability.

OSU fan in 2018: if you think there's a chance that OSU could lose to Purdue by 30 points, you have lost all bankability.

OSU has looked really good, no question about it. But it's a game played by teenagers and guys in their very early 20s. If it's all the same with you, let's see how the season plays out before we Penn Staters concede a game that is 2 months away.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT