ADVERTISEMENT

World Cup Rosters - June 11-12

I don't recall durability being an issue with Dake in college but the last two years he seems to be injured more than healthy.

There's an open spot at 70 kg. Wonder who CJ Mangrum and Mike Pucillo think should go.

The Forum isn't terribly far from AV. I might be able to go. Any chance you'll be in LA that weekend?

The Forum isn't terribly far from AV. I might be able to go. Any chance you'll be in LA that weekend?
I live in suburban PHL, no, won't be in LA this summer, but thanks for asking! Hope you get to go and enjoy.

US world cup team on the Santa Monica pier a few days ago.

I wouldn't read anything into it but it's nevertheless funny which two teammates have their hands in their pockets instead of arm-in-arm like everyone else.

I wonder if Tony is watching the dennis documentary.

As for the hands in pockets. ...I thought I read somewhere that the Hawks were rumored to be now embracing "fun" ....maybe not :p

I wouldn't read anything into it but it's nevertheless funny which two teammates have their hands in their pockets instead of arm-in-arm like everyone else.

I know it means nothing, but had the same observation. Just kind of fits with the "us against the world" mentality that i equate with the Hawkeyes under Brands. It serves them well in some respects and with some recruits. However, the circle they draw around themselves at times may be limiting and i think Brands has recognized this and is attempting to make some changes. May be a way off base take, but just IMO.

Hope DT is talking to Fix A LOT !!!! WE NEED HIM BAD !!!!

Ramos looks like he just got mugged by some homeless dude on Third Street Promenade. Or maybe got horrible meal service from some militant disaffected Hollywood wanna-be because he didn't have a script.

How else do you not have fun on the pier?

Thought about making the road trip...it's about 8 hours from where I live but not feeling up to it. Too bad, going to be some great matches.

Has the U.S. ever put out a team with this much overall quality? If so, what years?

Burroughs out (because his wife is near her due date)

Mark Hall in

http://www.teamusa.org/USA-Wrestlin...10/Burroughs-to-miss-World-Cup-in-Los-Angeles

I will be there tomorrow and was really looking forward to seeing Burroughs wrestle. However, getting to see Mark Hall going against top level guys is not a bad consolation. This will be a really good show.

Go USA![/QUOTE]

I wonder if Hall will get to wrestle or if he's just there in case something happens to Dieringer. Same with Zain. Last year, I think most of the starters went all four matches.

Enjoy the event, AgSurfer!

I wonder if Tony is watching the dennis documentary.

As for the hands in pockets. ...I thought I read somewhere that the Hawks were rumored to be now embracing "fun" ....maybe not :p
Now that's hilarious... "fun"!!! I'll go with with your latter statement Dunke. Almost Summer, the summer Olympics are coming up and DD and Tony look like they're thrilled to be together... as team mates once again. o_O It's that Iowa fun factor, exponentially written on DD's & TR's faces, that wants to grab you in a moment of hilarity and say... damn... I want to have that much "fun".

Will the World Cup be televised? Other than on Flo?
Streaming only.

Not sure if it'll be other than Flo or not. I went to the UWW website, clicked on Freestyle World Cup, and it took me to "UWW TV powered by FloSports," which looks like it'll be behind a paywall ... but worth checking that day.

OT, also found these upcoming items of potential interest:
Thursday, June 16, 2016 2016 B1G Championships (Replay) 1:00 a.m. Big Ten Network
Thursday, June 30, 2016 2016 NCAA Division I Championships Finals (Replay) 11:00 p.m. ESPNU

Reactions: SandBuff
The match against Iran will be on live Sunday at noon (Pacific Time) on NBC SN. They are also showing a replay of the U.S. medal round match at 9PM (Pacific Time).

Reactions: Cali_Nittany
The match against Iran will be on live Sunday at noon (Pacific Time) on NBC SN. They are also showing a replay of the U.S. medal round match at 9PM (Pacific Time).

Thanks Grass. Just set my DVR to record both of those.

I know it means nothing, but had the same observation. Just kind of fits with the "us against the world" mentality that i equate with the Hawkeyes under Brands. It serves them well in some respects and with some recruits. However, the circle they draw around themselves at times may be limiting and i think Brands has recognized this and is attempting to make some changes. May be a way off base take, but just IMO.
I think its just a couple guys with hands in their pockets having a good time with Team USA. Some of you could put a twist on any picture lol.

Good catch. And more evidence of how wrestling needs better self-promotion -- I found no indication of NBCSN either on the UWW website, on the USA Wrestling website, or by Googling "wrestling world cup 2016 TV" ... grrr.

I like how they mess his first and last name but the out of towers are spelled right. ....

Zane may have entered streebler orbit

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT