ADVERTISEMENT

Woofing at a Dawg

IANit

Dec 8, 2002
Iowa
I was back in PA this weekend attending my father's memorial service. On the way back on Sunday I stopped at a travel plaza on I-80 in Ohio and while in the restroom noticed a guy with a Georgia shirt on. After I washed my hands (he did not wash his) and walked out I saw him in the lobby and said "I hope my Nittany Lions get a shot at your Bulldogs this year." He said something like "if they do they better bring it."

I said "they did last time, in 1982, actually January 1, 1983", and walked off. (I know, we played them in 2015, but that wasn't for all the marbles). Anyone else think we have a shot if we play like Saturday night?

Reactions: The Spin Meister
I was back in PA this weekend attending my father's memorial service. On the way back on Sunday I stopped at a travel plaza on I-80 in Ohio and while in the restroom noticed a guy with a Georgia shirt on. After I washed my hands (he did not wash his) and walked out I saw him in the lobby and said "I hope my Nittany Lions get a shot at your Bulldogs this year." He said something like "if they do they better bring it."

I said "they did last time, in 1982, actually January 1, 1983", and walked off. (I know, we played them in 2015, but that wasn't for all the marbles). Anyone else think we have a shot if we play like Saturday night?
I believe PSU still has a ways to go improving as this season progresses to get ready for a winning playoff experience,

The game on Saturday was played in front of 110,800+ screaming PSU fans (when Iowa had the ball) and that advantage can't be ignored. Playoff games are mainly played in the south or west. So playing like last night may not be an exact goal. PSU is going to have to play very well on the road, in front of hostile or just not supportive crowds. Iowa may be a better team than Illinois and PSU didn't play nearly as well at Illinois as they did at home with lots of fan support.

I also believe that the PSU running game, particularly the oline, still needs work. If PSU is now having a hard time moving the ball on the ground against Illinois and Iowa they won't run it too well if they play Georgia. PSU has to continue to get better.

PSU has also gotten lots of help from turnovers, where as PSU is I believe the only P5 team without a turnover so far this season.

So it seems there is still lots to prove in order to make the case that can and will match up well with UGA. But it should be a fun ride for us as we watch the team continue to develop the next couple of months!!

I believe PSU still has a ways to go improving as this season progresses to get ready for a winning playoff experience,

The game on Saturday was played in front of 110,800+ screaming PSU fans (when Iowa had the ball) and that advantage can't be ignored. Playoff games are mainly played in the south or west. So playing like last night may not be an exact goal. PSU is going to have to play very well on the road, in front of hostile or just not supportive crowds. Iowa may be a better team than Illinois and PSU didn't play nearly as well at Illinois as they did at home with lots of fan support.

I also believe that the PSU running game, particularly the oline, still needs work. If PSU is now having a hard time moving the ball on the ground against Illinois and Iowa they won't run it too well if they play Georgia. PSU has to continue to get better.

PSU has also gotten lots of help from turnovers, where as PSU is I believe the only P5 team without a turnover so far this season.

So it seems there is still lots to prove in order to make the case that can and will match up well with UGA. But it should be a fun ride for us as we watch the team continue to develop the next couple of months!!
I remain concerned about the right tackle position, especially @ OSU and against UM. Their DEs can feast on that side. Hoping Shelton progresses quickly enough to get increased PT @ RT.

Reactions: RandyL

He’s right - if we do, we better bring it. The SEC dominates in large part due to its line play

Reactions: The Spin Meister

Yes, we have a shot…provided we continue to incrementally improve/develop in several facets over the next 8-10 weeks. — The OL needs to develop a unit chemistry with starters and back ups. They are a good line, they need to be a great line…and it can happen. Allar also needs to develop a greater chemistry/“feel” with WR’s. I believe this will occur. I’m confident that the defense will continue to develop, and play as a unit with a “ single mind” ….they are that good. Also need to continue to minimize turnovers, and avoid major injuries. — A lot of things to do, but can happen , as we are deep with smart athletes.
— Many of Joe’s old teams were notorious for tremendous development throughout the year. A barely top 25 team in the beginning of the year, often developed into a top 5 type team by the end of the year. I think Franklin’s team this year has the ability to develop into a top 2 or 3 team. They have a shot

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT