ADVERTISEMENT

Women’s freestyle/Ibrahim Mustafa Ranking Series

I highly recommend it. I wish I would’ve had more time to explore though. I also was able to spend a day in the Dead Sea on the trip. I lost my fight but it was definitely worth it
Please put tons of details in the Travel/Food thread. Very interested in Petra, Amman, whatever else you might have experienced. Sights, food, culture, getting there ... everything.

Desanto pins his Georgian opponent in the 2nd, wins Bronze The guy was really appealing to the officals over Austin's grip on his arm--he did not like it at all.
Here's the match. Georgia hated the tricep grip. DeSanto is well known for an iron claw grip, and he really worked it here.

Worst part of the match was Georgia flagrantly eye-gouging DeSanto with both hands while being pinned. UWW needs to do something about that.

Meanwhile, Freestyle DeSanto is fun to watch. Glad to have him on Team USA. Gotta work on that singlet though ...

Foreigners aren’t used to guy’s wrestling like that. Granted, most don’t wrestle quite like Desanto but guys from the US are definitely more physical

You've got to love the "I'm gonna' tear your head off", "Oh yeah? I'm gonna' tear your arms off." obligatory hand slap shaking of hands in these matches : )

I highly recommend it. I wish I would’ve had more time to explore though. I also was able to spend a day in the Dead Sea on the trip. I lost my fight but it was definitely worth it
I swam in the Dead Sea the first trip but not my second trip as I decided once was enough burning my nether regions in that water : ) Also, my stay there was memorable for learning how to survive the buffet dinner at the hotel. Get used to grandmas elbowing you out of the way to get the food they want! At first I was gracious, allowing everyone to cut in front of me/box me out, etc., but then I got into the swing of things and used my size to force my way through to the buffet line : ) Cultural differences are a funny thing. It was definitely an experience! Here is my favorite photo from our 2000 trip. This was on the Sea of Galilee.

I lived in Israel for ~ 5-7 months in 1972-73. Saw pretty much everything during that period but the most awesome experience was being in Bethlehem for Christmas eve and Jerusalem on Christmas day. Also had a few scary experiences including one close call with an IED that someone planted. True story - no BS.

I swam in the Dead Sea the first trip but not my second trip as I decided once was enough burning my nether regions in that water : ) Also, my stay there was memorable for learning how to survive the buffet dinner at the hotel. Get used to grandmas elbowing you out of the way to get the food they want! At first I was gracious, allowing everyone to cut in front of me/box me out, etc., but then I got into the swing of things and used my size to force my way through to the buffet line : ) Cultural differences are a funny thing. It was definitely an experience! Here is my favorite photo from our 2000 trip. This was on the Sea of Galilee.

That's where I stayed when I was there. Kibbutz Kinneret which is right where the Jordan river exits the lake at the Southern end.

Reactions: zzs006
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT