ADVERTISEMENT

With all the carnage at the top, I still keep thinking about 4 points.

This is the one thing that might be enough to stick in SB’s crawl so much that he returns.

Yep. I can't believe people are saying he should stay. Most RBs careers are over by the time they are 30. One big injury and their stock falls like a rock. He needs to get the heck out of here.

Exactly. I fully believe if a RB is going to be drafted in a round a coach should advise them to go. You need to get to that second contract as soon as possible and Barkley has nothing to gain by coming back--at least in terms of his future. Hopefully he ends up in San Fran or NY not Cleveland but, regardless, he needs to jump

Yep. I can't believe people are saying he should stay. Most RBs careers are over by the time they are 30. One big injury and their stock falls like a rock. He needs to get the heck out of here.

You seem to think that Barkley is upset over the year and unhappy with his coaches. I guarantee you are wrong, again. Are you used to this yet?

I think everyone does, but to be honest....a top 4 team can run the ball and get to a QB. Losing Brown, Bates, and Buchholz really hurt this team. While Franklin is improving the depth along the trenches, it is still a work in progress. Think about how tOSU has recruited and they got curb stomped by Iowa just last week only to kill MSU this week. Poor coaching there IMO...no consistency. I honestly think the SB thing is blown up so big that they needed to ditch the trophy talk when teams are sending 3-4 people his way....it really did hurt the O. Then you have Simmons and Toney out there and both still need another full year+ in the weight room if they want to keep their hands on the ground. Outside of Miller, the DL really didn't take that step forward. I expected Curtis Cothran to step up this year in a big way and he has simply been average. Same with some others.

Every team has deficiencies, but I like what the staff is doing over all. OL needs to be accountable, they are simply missing too many blocks.

Exactly. I fully believe if a RB is going to be drafted in a round a coach should advise them to go. You need to get to that second contract as soon as possible and Barkley has nothing to gain by coming back--at least in terms of his future. Hopefully he ends up in San Fran or NY not Cleveland but, regardless, he needs to jump

Ironically he'd get that 2nd contract faster by not being drafted in the first round

Honestly, I think about 1 missed block. If OSU hadn't blocked that punt, and Gillikin would have done his usual thing, I think it would have been very hard for OSU to complete that comeback. Blocking that punt saved 50+ yards, and the resultant time, for them. C'est la vie...

Reactions: FHSPSU67
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT