ADVERTISEMENT

Will Henckel commits to Penn State!

I believe most of these recruits have explicitly stated Olympic aspirations (witness all the PSU recruits still in high school at the recent senior nationals). The NLWC is most certainly dominating the USA team at this point and having exceptional results on the international stage. So in answer to your question, the NLWC is probably at least as important as NCAA competition to most and more important to some. Smart kids, btw.
100% that is a factor. Another thing beyond that and coaching is while PSU has a national footprint (duh), regionally we have a huge advantage as well. Henckel is a CT kid living in NJ. He's an East coast kid bottom line. There is no B1G school closer and Cornell is the only trophy contending level team in the region. So much talent out here in general, the primary reason Cael came to PSU.

Henckel being an Illinois, Michigan, Ohio, Indiana, etc. kid might push him to another B1G school.

Does Henckel seem like a guy who will grow into a 174/184 or more 165ish? I really don’t know much about him, his frame ect. I’m excited to add another elite recruit.

That gives PSU 7 of the top 18 in Flo's P4P rankings. They're only for sure losing one guy this year in Brooks so saying there's a logjam is a massive understatement. Ever since last year I've had this feeling that Cael is legit going for a season with 10 individual champs and it's starting to look like it's an actual possibility.

LL
Nagao
Bartlett
Kasak
SVN
Duke
Haines
Sealey
Cunningham
MM
Henckel
Facundo
Barr
Ryder
Mirasola
Mirasola

That's 16 guys who are going to be in the room that it wouldn't be crazy to think they could win a title. I can't imagine the roster if they get either Basset or Forest as well.

I think the biggest problems will be Crookham, Allirez, KOT and maybe two of the Ferraris but I can just as easily see them being ruined by TnT. Sealey is already right there with Angelo so I figure he'll start to separate himself once he gets the PSU secret sauce. I guess Shapiro could be an issue as well but he's already showing signs of vulnerability. Beau is going to have to make a Nick Lee type of leap to beat Allirez and Nagao will have to figure out a way to finish against Crookham.

Does Henckel seem like a guy who will grow into a 174/184 or more 165ish? I really don’t know much about him, his frame ect. I’m excited to add another elite recruit.
he was a 150 last year and even registered at 144 for ETR so he has definitely put on weight in the past year. could maybe do more

Reactions: mjmirv
100% that is a factor. Another thing beyond that and coaching is while PSU has a national footprint (duh), regionally we have a huge advantage as well. Henckel is a CT kid living in NJ. He's an East coast kid bottom line. There is no B1G school closer and Cornell is the only trophy contending level team in the region. So much talent out here in general, the primary reason Cael came to PSU.

Henckel being an Illinois, Michigan, Ohio, Indiana, etc. kid might push him to another B1G school.

You're forgetting about the perennial top 10 team in New Jersey.

That gives PSU 7 of the top 18 in Flo's P4P rankings. They're only for sure losing one guy this year in Brooks so saying there's a logjam is a massive understatement. Ever since last year I've had this feeling that Cael is legit going for a season with 10 individual champs and it's starting to look like it's an actual possibility.

LL
Nagao
Bartlett
Kasak
SVN
Duke
Haines
Sealey
Cunningham
MM
Henckel
Facundo
Barr
Ryder
Mirasola
Mirasola
I love being so loaded with recruits that we don't even notice that this list forgot guys like Davis, Desmond and Gibson... lol

Reactions: goldenanimal
I love being so loaded with recruits that we don't even notice that this list forgot guys like Davis, Desmond and Gibson... lol
I like those guys plenty but I don't see them winning a title. Possibly Davis but Desmond and Gibson look like squad depth compared to what they have coming in. I have a feeling that Jax is going to man 133 after Nagao is gone.

I like those guys plenty but I don't see them winning a title. Possibly Davis but Desmond and Gibson look like squad depth compared to what they have coming in. I have a feeling that Jax is going to man 133 after Nagao is gone.
If Desmond can stay at 125 his whole career I think he can win a title. I sure as hell hope you are right about Jax. That kid with his creativity at PSU would be a killer. I’m interested to see how big he gets though. Super skinny but tall. He could put on some weight I think. Maybe grow into a 149?

Just looking at the 2024 and 2025 classes and it could be a full team.
125-Desmond
133-Lilledahl
141-Gibson
149-Perry
157-Duke
165-Sealey/Henckel
174-Cunningham
184-Ryder
197-Mirasola
Heavy-Mirasola

I’m sure those weights might not be right for guys like Gibson, Cunningham, and Ryder but I thought it was still interesting that a full team could be put together out of these 2 classes.

Reactions: Ja1339
HS soph 127 is gonna be a college 133? Not if he stays out of Stillwater.

he was a 150 last year and even registered at 144 for ETR so he has definitely put on weight in the past year. could maybe do more
Good point about Henckel. He appears to have the frame to grow into 174, maybe even 184 later in his college career.

@johnstownsteel

GIApet, lol

CP979-Oscar-the-Grouch-Chia-Pet_02.gif

LL
Nagao
Bartlett
Kasak
SVN
Duke
Haines
Sealey
Cunningham
MM
Henckel
Facundo
Barr
Ryder
Mirasola
Mirasola

That's 16 guys who are going to be in the room that it wouldn't be crazy to think they could win a title. I can't imagine the roster if they get either Basset or Forest as well.

I think the biggest problems will be Crookham, Allirez, KOT and maybe two of the Ferraris but I can just as easily see them being ruined by TnT. Sealey is already right there with Angelo so I figure he'll start to separate himself once he gets the PSU secret sauce. I guess Shapiro could be an issue as well but he's already showing signs of vulnerability. Beau is going to have to make a Nick Lee type of leap to beat Allirez and Nagao will have to figure out a way to finish against Crookham.
What’s Heckel projected to wrestle in college?? Won’t PSU have a huge logjam in the middle weights??

• Haha
Reactions: Cali_Nittany
Just looking at the 2024 and 2025 classes and it could be a full team.
125-Desmond
133-Lilledahl
141-Gibson
149-Perry
157-Duke
165-Sealey/Henckel
174-Cunningham
184-Ryder
197-Mirasola
Heavy-Mirasola

I’m sure those weights might not be right for guys like Gibson, Cunningham, and Ryder but I thought it was still interesting that a full team could be put together out of these 2 classes.
How high a recruit is Cunningham?? Also, Haines/MM/Facundo are still young… who’s going to go where at 157/165/174?? Does Duke/Sealy/Henckel beat the above mentioned for the spots ? Will be interesting..

How high a recruit is Cunningham?? Also, Haines/MM/Facundo are still young… who’s going to go where at 157/165/174?? Does Duke/Sealy/Henckel beat the above mentioned for the spots ? Will be interesting..
where will Bassett fit in? ;)

Asher is on a hot streak, he’s in Powerade finals later today. Kid is gonna be fighting for a spot and may just surprise us.

How high a recruit?
Are you another one who isnt aware who he is?

Asher is on a hot streak, made Powerade finals later today. Kid isnt gonna roll over for anyone on this roster and will be right in the mix. Book it.

Asher is 62 on Willie's Big Board, UR on Flo's He just beat Perentin who is 14 on Willie's and 30 on Flo.

The thing you have to be intrigued about with Asher is trajectory. He was 8th at PIAA as a freshman at 120, 4th last year at 145. He's growing a ton (160 now) and improving a lot, coming close to winning Ironman and just winning Powerade over National Guys and definitely looks in a good spot to win states.

I dare say the trajectory is somewhat like Levi Haines.

How high a recruit?
Are you another one who isnt aware who he is?

Asher is on a hot streak, made Powerade finals later today. Kid isnt gonna roll over for anyone on this roster and will be right in the mix. Book it.
Just knew he was Casey’s son but wasn’t sure his class ranking out of hs.. see he is 160 so probably will compete 165/174 range in college.. damn that will be quite the roster battle if ur right… Haines/MM/Facundo/Duke/Henckel/Sealy/Cunningham 🤯🤯🤯 and whoever is big enough to compete 184/197 outa this group gotta contend w/ Ryder/Barr/Mirasola twins 🤯🤯🤯

Reactions: STAND with PRIDE
I dare say the trajectory is somewhat like Levi Haines.
Levi was 2nd at states as a freshman. He was 2nd again as a SO, losing to Crookham in the finals after shutting out eventual 3x champ Arrington in the semis.

So no, their trajectories are not comparable, other than weight gain.

A better trajectory comparison would be Cenzo: 7th at 106, 3rd at 120, 1st at 138, 1st at 152.

Levi was 2nd at states as a freshman. He was 2nd again as a SO, losing to Crookham in the finals after shutting out eventual 3x champ Arrington in the semis.

So no, their trajectories are not comparable, other than weight gain.

A better trajectory comparison would be Cenzo: 7th at 106, 3rd at 120, 1st at 138, 1st at 152.
I will take that also

Reactions: STAND with PRIDE
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT