ADVERTISEMENT

Why "Social Media" is great....

Most wrestlers are merely masochistic and not sadistic. Zain Retherford is one of the exceptions. #AskAWatermelon :)
Or ask Pantaleo about Zain.

tumblr_o4m0h00usI1qzx6lmo1_1280.jpg

Maybe... just maybe... that guy can coach. Yeah... I don't know? o_O David Taylor seems to listen to him, but what do I know if I'm a jaded, opposing super wrestling fan from a school not accustomed to that kind of recent success?

What does 7 NCAA Team Titles in 9 years and 18 National Champions in his coaching career really mean? 58 All-Americans... World Team Members... Olympic Champion Best Friend "coached" by Cael. Asst Coach elected into their College Hall of Fame. Coach... yeah... but how good is he really? o_O

Last edited:
Most wrestlers are merely masochistic and not sadistic. Zain Retherford is one of the exceptions. #AskAWatermelon :)
I remember reading one of Ray Brinzer's comments on one of the message boards where he said that wrestlers should try to inflict pain on their opponents.

In relation to Retherford, that bow and arrow, paired with a cross face is just brutal. I, for one, think it should be an illegal hold, just as it is in high school (or, at least, used to be; I don't follow high school wrestling at all).

Reactions: Dogwelder
Charged with Resisting Zain. Found guilty and sentenced to yet another bow and arrow.

Bow and arrow is legal in wrestling, but as a punishment for a crime I believe it would be consider cruel and unusual punishment if administered by Zain. :D

Pantaleo always looked so much bigger than Zain when they wrestled, but my goodness did Zain do some horrible (awesome) things to him.
The one on the edge at nationals -- when Zain first spun Pantaleo away from the boundary and then cranked him ... so few guys capable of doing that with any pinning move.

Bow and arrow is legal in wrestling, but as a punishment for a crime I believe it would be consider cruel and unusual punishment if administered by Zain. :D
I would never advocate either measure, but you MAY be onto something that could perhaps legally replace waterboarding of suspects. Certainly at my age, I'd be giving ANY information that you need the first few seconds that Retherford cinches up that bow and arrow on me!

Last edited:
I, for one, think it should be an illegal hold, just as it is in high school (or, at least, used to be; I don't follow high school wrestling at all).

blasphemy -- not following HS wrestling.

the bow & arrow remains an illegal hold in youth and HS wrestling

sorry I know it has nothing to do with wrestling or iceland or food but makes me laugh.

#weallknowaguy

What was he arrested for? Looks like a mugshot.

The photo came from a New Yorker piece at the 2016 NCAAs called 'The Faces of College Wrestlers'. They used lighting, camera angles, etc to give the photos an overly dramatic look to (in my opinion) stir controversy about the sport.

I remember reading one of Ray Brinzer's comments on one of the message boards where he said that wrestlers should try to inflict pain on their opponents.

In relation to Retherford, that bow and arrow, paired with a cross face is just brutal. I, for one, think it should be an illegal hold, just as it is in high school (or, at least, used to be; I don't follow high school wrestling at all).
We had a kid on the team who was freaking brutal on top with legs. He would always tear his opponent apart before pinning him. I ask him once why was he pissing around with the kid. He answered by saying I am not pinning anybody until I hear them whimper first.

Reactions: Dogwelder
We had a kid on the team who was freaking brutal on top with legs. He would always tear his opponent apart before pinning him. I ask him once why was he pissing around with the kid. He answered by saying I am not pinning anybody until I hear them whimper first.

Reminds me of Muhammed Ali's famous "What's my name" fight. That was brutal.....or kinda amusing....depending on what side of the "fence" you were on.

Speaking of Ali-who was and still is always one of my heroes-it was said yesterday on a news program, in direct relation to the apparent "outrage" over the "NFL kneelers," that it would be interesting to see how much Ali would still be loathed today for refusing to fight in one of our country's wars, due to religious objection.

Funny how times glosses over such things! o_O

Willie tweeted:
> Zain has more individual NCAA titles than the entire University of Iowa over the last 3 years
>
1f644.png
1f926-200d-2642-fe0f.png

Iowa has more if you count PD3’s mythical titles across multiple weight classes.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT